It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Kids Banned from School Carnival - NY USA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How about just use the profit from the event to fund the kids? Novel idea, I know.

Oh, and the teachers who all stood idly by are almost as bad.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
how about a generous millionaire or billionaire getting the names of all those kids that didn't get to go, and fly them all down to Disneyworld.....only the kids that were left out, all the others have to stay along with that principle and any other adult that participated in it......
hey principle, here's a 70 I.Q. idea, have a car wash, and/or a cookie sale, and/or some type of sale, BEFORE the carnival and raise enough money for everybody...I thought of about 5 more ways for that school to raise money in the minutes I was typing this...but I'll let it go

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
IF " Some kids didn't understand what was going on, and why they were excluded." then those kids really need to be checked for a learning disability. If one cannot figure out that when you need $10 bucks to get in somewhere, that if you don't pay, you don't get in. Then there are some major issues going on.

How long do you think that the kids knew about this. Probably long enough to save money or divert money from another source.

Let's recap, this taught kids to save money for what they want and that life isn't a free ride. Somehow this is wrong. The downward spiral continues.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: buddah6

so SOME of the kids get a free ride when they could afford to pay....
that still leaves SOME that couldn't, doesn't it????

and, well, I wouldn't be surpised to find that the decision to have this thing was made by parents who probably could have paid 10 times as much without feeling much pain and just thought that a plain old field day of old just wasn't good enough for their kids!

I agree!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
IF " Some kids didn't understand what was going on, and why they were excluded." then those kids really need to be checked for a learning disability. If one cannot figure out that when you need $10 bucks to get in somewhere, that if you don't pay, you don't get in. Then there are some major issues going on.

How long do you think that the kids knew about this. Probably long enough to save money or divert money from another source.

Let's recap, this taught kids to save money for what they want and that life isn't a free ride. Somehow this is wrong. The downward spiral continues.

I agree. $10 isn't very much and if the parents thought this was important, and if the parents knew about the even, and if the parents wanted their child to attend...I'm sure they could come up with $10. Yes, the children could have saved also.

But as a parent that makes a decent living, I have to say that I'm fed up with their school nickle and diming us for everything. $40-$70 for a year book. $50 for an in-class project. $20 for a book...and another book...and another book. I would guess that during a normal year, only counting additional costs...I'm spending about $1000 per child and I'm sure the school is making money on some of these items.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One time when my kids were in grade school, I saw a little guy in my daughters class that had shoes on that didn't fit, his heels hung over the edge, I went home crying and got some shoes out of the closet my son had outgrown, went to the office to give them to him, they turned me away, said we don't allow that.

not on topic but made me remember this poor little guy,

Usually schools make sure no one is left out.

I had to hear how my son never got ice cream because he couldn't behave during the week, that made me mad, he was probably the most likely not to succeed, but he is a very successful man now.

maybe it was the lack of ice cream.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Almost peed myself!!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I blame the parents who could not even come up with $10 for their children to have fun, but I blame the school even more because If they were going to make a profit, then why charge the kids at all? It must have been terrible for the ones who could not participate. It's pretty disturbing. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

yep, shame on

with pre-K to fifth-grade

kids not having a job or being able to manage their non existent income.

edit on 5/27/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

At what age do we start blaming the kids?

When does parent responsibility end and kid responsibility begin for paying their own way?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Our grade school prints their own "money" - - that kids earn for doing good work, or behaving.

They get to spend that money on or at any school sponsored event.

You see - - there are ways of providing for everyone.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation
I had three kids in grade school all at once...gee that $10 just grew into $30!!
During that time, many weeks we only had about thirty dollars left over for the groceries after we paid the bills...

which do you think I would feel would be more important!!!

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

i feel like i am getting fleeced too.
dont know why i have to provide 'room supplies' for the entire room.

my responsibility is for my daughter.
why do i need to provide glue sticks, paper towels, sanitizer, etc for all the kids?

them having glue or not having it is not really my problem

i do ok but even if i was strapped, come hell or high water my kid would have 10 bucks for the event

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That's f'd up. But..... if we paid for them, where would we get the money to educate all the illegals?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I know I'm late to the thread and no one's gonna read this, but

look at it this way.

If some kids are allowed to get in for free, then EVERYONE is going to want to get in for free.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

It's not like they made them sit in a dark quiet room with nothing to do. They were showing movies for the "unfortunately poor kids". What are they going to do in the carnival with a free entrance ticket, but no money? Walk around and do nothing? Oh, I suppose they should get free food and free rides too.

If you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. It's as simple as that.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

why do i need to provide glue sticks, paper towels, sanitizer, etc for all the kids?

them having glue or not having it is not really my problem

Because school funding was cut.

Research your politics and find out who's responsible.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunglower

If some kids are allowed to get in for free, then EVERYONE is going to want to get in for free.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Lines can be draw someplace besides a school carnival.

As I said, our grade school prints their own "money". Kids earn that "money" through out the year by their school work and behavior.

There is a carnival every year where they can spend their EARNED "money".

You see - - - there are ways of making sure everyone has the opportunity.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
That's f'd up. But..... if we paid for them, where would we get the money to educate all the illegals?

Right! Much better to have uneducated kids.

Legal or not.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I had three kids in grade school all at once...gee that $10 just grew into $30!!
During that time, many weeks we only had about thirty dollars left over for the groceries after we paid the bills...

which do you think I would feel would be more important!!!

I could sympathize with your predicament, $30 dollars is a lot more than $10 when one is living paycheck to paycheck. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Its bordering on cruelty to have a carnival and exclude a group of kids simply because they are too poor to afford going. Its amazing that anyone could be so heartless. They should have had a cookie bake or something to raise money for the kids who couldn't afford it.
edit on 27-5-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join