It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Air Force confirms Boeing’s electromagnetic pulse weapon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
U.S. Air Force confirms Boeing’s electromagnetic pulse weapon

I know this has been covered before. So it's nothing new.

However this came across my radar today.

It's an operational system already in our air force.

yikes.

According to Air Force Research Laboratory commander Major General Tom Masiello, CHAMP is “an operational system already in our tactical air force.” While it appears that the Laboratory has only commissioned five such devices with Boeing, with the Air Force’s recent confirmation of the weapon’s existence, there may be more in the works in the future.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

ALMOST like they are about to USE it huh?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They are going to put them into JASSM-ER bodies.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Like people have pointed out, a deterrent doesn't work if no one knows you have it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And the "Triangles" aren't useful then?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

This is a more effective one. Barring landing something like that, and USAF officers walking out of it, it can be ignored. CHAMP is real, it's been tested, and was visible.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a new silent super stealthy craft that was loaded with a few of these on board?

hypothetically speaking of course.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hypothetically speaking, hasn't a few members of the ATS aviation forum seen the triangles before? I know of at least one member who is convinced they are real, are being tested, and have been seen. sadly that member didn't ignore them, and look where it got him. The being seen part is a touchy issue with the operators of said craft though I'd imagine. Didn't one crash outside fresno a few years ago and the emergency crews had to work on it through the night while half the town watched before carting it off before dawn?

edit on 26-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That was a Sentinel that crashed. It was still classified, so they rushed a team in to recover it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Good GOD if a Black Triangle went down there would be a mess.
They would have a fake health threatening issue so the public wouldn't get near it,even if they had to CAUSE it to happen I bet.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Really? Did not know that. It looks in the video to be about fighter jet sized. How big is the sentinel? This thing looked to be about 60 foot in wingspan when the trucks got near it. Maybe the Super Sentinel -RQ-180? Also what's up with the lights on the side (it had a pair of xenon looking lights that were really intense at the corner of each wingtip) and the weird center one - It had like a weird bluish white glow to the nose end. Crazy video. Security starts flashing searchlights across the hillside to look for locals trying to sneak closer or something. Some dude starts going to work on the poor bird with an arc welder. Parts of it were still there when the sun came up glinting in the morning light.

ETA: Just checked the Sentinel has a wingspan of 65 feet. Totally cool. Just learned something Zaph. Sad it crashed. Any idea as to why? And more importantly what was it doing there. Witnesses say that the trucks came from out of nowhere over the hill where there are no access roads or any real way to get there. Wonder where they keep the secret sentinel base near fresno.
edit on 26-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The Sentinel is 66 feet wingtip to wingtip. It was a Sentinel, trust me.

I even know the rumored cause behind it.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Heavy radio frequencies and radar from the local airport overloaded the Fluedic thrust vectoring and Electrostatic workings? Interestingly if the thing crashed head on then that weird blue glow was coming from the exhaust area....interesting.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No, it reportedly was human error.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Does this weapon have variable settings between low and high?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Of course the triangles are "real" -- we just don't know who's they are, their mission or disposition. To many people have seen them over the years to ignore that they're not "real".

Hell, I'm pretty sure *I've* seen one -- although I'll admit it could have been some kind of hovering drone at a high altitude. It did look triangular, and it was black though.

Whatever they are, and who ever's operating them have a reason to keep them under wraps. If it's ours, we have an entire arsenal of other high-tech deterrents to burn through first.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Not much is known about it honestly. It's an HPM, and capable of targeting specific areas, with up to seven shots.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Hmmm, wasn't there a story a few months back about a ship in the Black Sea taking a hit from a weapon like this?

Seven shots is an interesting number, it leaves me to wonder how precise the targetting system is and if a low level blast could significantly effect a living target. Perhaps not death, obviously, but a sort of neutralization or even "reprogramming"

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

There was, but it was a bogus story. The system they claimed it had was a self defense system, not an HPM.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join