It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Air Force confirms Boeing’s electromagnetic pulse weapon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: engineercutout

Then when they hit him with the microwave beam the emitter will explode when it hits the metal.

You mean the emission will explode? I suppose that wouldn't work out too well for him...
edit on 27-5-2015 by engineercutout because: edit

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No the emitter. It'll be like when you microwave a metal container. It'll just pop.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No the emitter. It'll be like when you microwave a metal container. It'll just pop.

Well that'll do then.(Gets back to work on aluminum foil suit)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Didn't one crash outside fresno a few years ago and the emergency crews had to work on it through the night while half the town watched before carting it off before dawn?

WTF, crashed here ?, when? where ?
And how the hell did miss that?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

A Sentinel went down in California a few years back. A recovery team flooded the area and grabbed it quickly. Wasn't Fresno though.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Really?
Still , how did I miss that?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thinking about what would happen to an aircraft near this thing when it pulsed. Would it likely recover, or would there be systems that may not be restorable that would cause the aircraft to crash?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It crashed and about ten minutes later the wreckage was gone. Heh. I'm not sure it even made the news.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The systems most likely wouldn't recover before they ejected.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Although, I remember hearing an argument years ago that the ionizing radiation that does the heating could cause the formation of molecules from the food that would cause it to no longer be considered food.

Except that only happens in a gamma ray oven.

Microwave ovens don't have ionizing radiation.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

A Sentinel went down in California a few years back. A recovery team flooded the area and grabbed it quickly. Wasn't Fresno though.

A drone prototype went down near Redstone Arsenal some years ago, some people in the local MUFON chapter decided they had seen a UFO landing and were organizing to go out on a "fact finding mission". But a couple of their members were from the Arsenal, something they were unaware of, (heh) and they ended up fact finding an empty patch of woods instead.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That only happens in microwave ovens because the oven cavity is a waveguide coupled to the magnetron. The radio energy in the cavity is still coupled to the emitter, sort of like it's in the near field.

A propagating radio wave like you'd get from a flying CARM or a CHAMP doesn't allow the emitter to "see" the load, because it's in the far field and not in a waveguide.

So if you had an aluminum foil suit, a flying CARM would still toast you up unless you were very very very good at making them - an unsealed seam a half inch long would let in all the dance music.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

So if you had an aluminum foil suit, a flying CARM would still toast you up unless you were very very very good at making them - an unsealed seam a half inch long would let in all the dance music.

All? If you wear a hat and clothes you might still get a little sunburn in the place you missed, but not all over.

There's some flux per area and intersecting less of that is good.

Anyways, screw microwaves, that gamma ray oven thingy sounds like the real business...

www.youtube.com...

does it float or fly yet?

edit on 29-5-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

There's some flux per area and intersecting less of that is good.

True, but if you have a hot spot on your butt, you'll still be doing the Safety Dance. Dancez!

♬♬ You will dance if we want to,
You will leave your friends behind!
Cause your friends gon' dance
when we tell 'em to dance
and they're no friends of mine

Say, you will go where we want you,
we can heat up your behind.
You will act like you came from out of this world
leave my AO far behind

And you will dance! (Dancez!)
♬♬

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

That only happens in microwave ovens because the oven cavity is a waveguide coupled to the magnetron. The radio energy in the cavity is still coupled to the emitter, sort of like it's in the near field.

A propagating radio wave like you'd get from a flying CARM or a CHAMP doesn't allow the emitter to "see" the load, because it's in the far field and not in a waveguide.

No didn't think it would actually work just being silly. A properly constructed shield though would probably do the trick, though I would guess you might still encounter reflections from unshielded objects around you.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

No didn't think it would actually work just being silly. A properly constructed shield though would probably do the trick, though I would guess you might still encounter reflections from unshielded objects around you.

I've seen "microwave suits" for working on live high power radar, but my level of trust in them is...low.

Also, part of the training for using a VMADS on someone is to find the guys with "armor suits", aim it low and bounce it off the ground into the soles of their feet. It works even better if they're on concrete with rebar!
edit on 29-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If we're talking about the same crash then it was a little outside fresno. It was on the ground for much more than a few minutes.

Witnesses watched the thing from 7 pm just after sundown to almost sunrise as trucks swarmed it. Workers used arc welders on it. Security crews swept the hillside with floodlights. In the morning there was still something glinting on the hillside. People videotaped the whole thing. If it's the same crash it wasn't on the ground for a few minutes but several hours with many local witnesses.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Awesone some redstone workers infiltrated mufon and messed up their search. That's what people get for dealing with mufon. I say a child following the instructions of a jr. detective pop up book would do a better job investigating the paranormal.
edit on 29-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

So tinfoil socks are critical to my foil and frozen dinner microwave protection suit. this is requiring more foil than I thought and the lady at the store is beginning to look at me weird because I keep coming back to buy more.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Awesone some redstone workers infiltrated mufon and messed up their search. That's what people get for dealing with mufon. I say a child following the instructions of a detective pop up book would do a better job investigating the paranormal.

The guys were very nice for the most part but would remind you of the worst threads on the UFO forum.

I recall the "UFO spotting party" that was a lot of looking at airplanes coming into the local airport being described as UFOs.

But they DID have Tom Bearden out there to speak one night, told us all about the German Shepherd his buddy had rejuvenated using his secret Zeldovich machine. THAT was interesting.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join