It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 9 Dead and Many Injured in Biker Gang Shooting in Waco, TX

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
a reply to: mtnshredder

I just thought of a reason they might have all been there since some didn't appear to be 1%. I believe it happens once a quarter and it is held in different parts of the state. It is called CoC. Council of Clubs. All clubs usually send some reps so non-1%ers would also go. I've been to one several years ago - by accident. It was being held at a place that was a regular hang out. I am not and will not be a member of any bike "club" of any kind. Given the number of different patches that makes sense as a reason for the gathering. Too bad it turned out this badly.

It is sad..
I feel like many members writing on this thread are expressing too much aversion to bikers and the biker community.. I think many of them are very nice gentle people, easy going, family oriented, peacefully predispositioned, and entirely mellow.. everyone commenting about them are portraying them as being vicious, mean, and unkind..

I very much like biker folk, and I respect them and their lifestyle.. many of them are honorable heroic, and perfectly beautiful people..

Let's try taking the splinter out from our own eye first..

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

99% of bikers are just as you say... peaceful, ordinary folk who just enjoy being out in the open air, experiencing all that nature has to offer. My riding days on the road are fondly remembered.

Yes, that's me and my ride 30 years ago

Then there are what is commonly known as 1%ers...
edit on 18/5/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
and it happened in Waco, Texas....geez, there must be something in the water, or the beer....Davidian compound and now this?...too small for both of these to be happening.....anyone going to go to Sturgis this year?...outta be exciting.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

In Ontario, it's Port Dover every Friday the 13th. As with Sturgis, 10's of thousands of bikers get together there and very little violence breaks out.

Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

1%ers aren't motorcycle enthusiasts. They are criminals who ride a bike.

Nice ride.
I always loved bikes, but am fairly risk averse....so never really rode. But still love them nonetheless.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Being organized crime charges, I wonder if laws allow for the seizure of their motorcycles.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

1978 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee Special Edition Harley. I took a lot pride in owning that Harley.

Cops loved it too... as they would stop me just to have a closer look. -LOL- Never got a ticket all the years I had it. The people I went on road trips with were all stand-up family guys. Never went out of their way to hurt anyone or anything. In fact, I'd compare their outlook to environmental conservationists more than anything else.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So... who won???

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

i know a few outlaw bikers. I don't know more than one or two real 1%ers, though. Met a couple of the chapter prez from some East Texas chapters once, but only in passing and certainly not looking to make friends (the club did a ride to lead my grandmothers funeral, and a lot of the East Texas folks came out of respect to my uncle). It was a great funeral, though. LOL.

There is a club here called something like the Christian Motorcyclists Club. A bunch of stand up family guys dress up in their colors and ride 1 weekend a month or something. Mostly good guys. Some ex Cossacks, but mostly stuff like prison guards and local middle managers.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

great picture.. I love the faded lighting in older photographs..
always nice to look back..

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
and it happened in Waco, Texas....geez, there must be something in the water, or the beer....Davidian compound and now this?...too small for both of these to be happening.....anyone going to go to Sturgis this year?...outta be exciting.

I was kind of thinking this could possibly be linked in a false flag sort of way to the whole J-ade H-elm thing coming to Texas and elsewhere in the next two months, July more specifically..

It's a terrible coincidence to have this type of conflict erupt suddenly in that area..I hope everyone stays cool..

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I think things are going to continue to get out of hand and i further sense that the leadership has every intention that they should get out of hand.

in a world where we are never told the truth, speculation is often the only thing one has to make sense of the chaos.

i doubt those bikers are about to come clean to investigators.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Many are vets I would asume they'll try a link up for disarmament as well as that mess in new york.
The right wing is now going to rear IT 'S dumbasses heads now since the left has run so rampant.
This country 's pedulum will swing right now and we'kll have NEW jerks to worry about.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
CNN is reporting: Early indications are 4 of 9 bikers who died in a Texas shootout were killed by police, law enforcement source says.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

One sure fire way to be kicked out of a big club is to "rat" on your mates. Mind you...there's often one or two who'll do a deal when they're looking at a long stretch so never say never.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That's a pretty big incident. 9 people killed, over a dozen shot/injured, almost 200 arrested. That's crazy!

I ride a bike myself. Small...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
CNN is reporting: Early indications are 4 of 9 bikers who died in a Texas shootout were killed by police, law enforcement source says.

Yup, apparently the police expected trouble based on past events and the mixture of thugs in that place.
Sure enough that same group of criminals delivered when they started fighting and shooting inside.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This White on White crime must stop, insert something about thugs and thug culture aspects of metal music.
Half joking^ being facetious..but there is a problem with violence embedded in America where all conflicts is to be solved with guns both at home and abroad, lets see if we can't work to take it down a notch or two.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Some mug shots released

Link

Link to another display
edit on 5/18/2015 by roadgravel because: add link

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join