It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 9 Dead and Many Injured in Biker Gang Shooting in Waco, TX

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: opethPA
As much as a certain element of ATS refuse to believe it their are bad and angry people world and lot of them are in 1% gangs..

You know the 1%er thing is getting old.... kind of like the cabbage patch kids, except this is a collective thought that's now grown into a 1% cult.

It could also be said, everyone is the 1%.... as they/we all have the potential to be bad and angry.

Fair enough..go tell all the gangs that wear 1% patches the its getting old..

The 1% designation isn't sometbi,g that just popped up. It has a specific meaning to specific people in certain gangs.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

1%...it has a specific meaning. "Grown into a cult"....that designation has been around since the 30's/40's. There is a history of the motorcycle gangs that was made by History or Discovery. Im sure you can find it....the history is actually pretty interesting. Especially the early days, and how the "outlaw biker" came into existence.

You may think its getting old....but i would bet your grandfather would think the same thing. If you're my age, your grandfather may have actually known some of the first biker gang members. He would be about the same age, maybe a little younger.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

I know what you mean about the 1% thing getting old. When I was a kid I respected a lot of the "bikers" because I didn't really know any better. I'm grown up now and still drink around a lot of them.

Some of the clubs in the area are decent enough if you know the members. Leave them be and they leave you be type thing.

Other clubs are broken into age brackets. Older members are decent enough, but younger members are pure poison.

The difference between normal people and most bikers is simple. If I am at a bar with my friends and a fight starts I will ensure that my friend is not "jumped" or killed. Regardless of who started the fight I will not get involved if the fight is one on one and I expect the same from my friends. Most bikers (1%er's) will stab you or hammer you the second you hit a patch brother no matter who you are. There is no "fair". 1%er are a gang pure and simple, yet look down on gangs and think themselves worthy of respect because they own bikes.

All the groups in my area have clubhouses that are holes in the wall. They all run drugs, guns, girls, and steal anything they can sell. Yet they recruit mostly white members so they are a "better class" of criminal than the Latin Counts or Cash Flow Posse (local gangs) doing the same thing four blocks away.

Makes little sense but the local crack dealer doesn't have a "toys for tots run" or a "cancer ride" and invests his money on fronts and an Escalade rather than a Harley, so he's not invited to the 1%er parties.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Mighty broad brush there.

The Clubs / gangs are all over the spectrum. You cant paint them the same.

As for the 1% er s that is a subjective view. Some clubs all run with 1% on the vest / jacket . Now other clubs the 1% is only worn by a member who has committed a violent felony in front of 2 or more members .

As for bar room brawls if they are wearing colors and some one hits them thats disrespecting the club not the person. Kinda like when you hit a cop in blues the whole force is on your butt. If no colors and no weapons I have seen the club bros sit and bet who wins.

There are some nasty ones out there. Some wont deal any drugs some any thing goes. One west based wont sell to same race or in their home town just the ghettos.

I know some from a different chapter of the Banditos and some are squeaky clean and have a good high paying professional job.

And yes some are nothing more than a street punk gang . But some are not .

I rode for decades and never wore a patch but was invited to some awesome parties at their club houses some were just a hole in the wall others was a 20 acre farm/ranch with full bar and pool tables even bands .

I never rode east of the Mississippi but all of the west except Montana . Biker and 1% ers are as varied as humanity is . At least from the ones I have meet rode with or drank beer and shot pool with. I never ran across a Dr or judge as a 1% er but pretty much every other field even some men in blue.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
As long as there were only gang members killed/injured, I couldn't care less.

Good thing for headlines then, amirite?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join