It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 9 Dead and Many Injured in Biker Gang Shooting in Waco, TX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Greathouse
That's the exact reason I don't allow colors in my bar. Take the colors away 98% of the antagonism goes away.

That can be misconstrued as very racist if read the wrong way. I had to read that twice.

Good thinking, by the way. There's no reason for an establishment to allow itself to be a brawling venue.

To be VERY CLEAR here, this poster is stating GANG COLORS are not allowed in his bar. Not colors of a persons body. Clothing colors - jeans, shirts, hats, etc.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm.........Let's see...........Three RIVAL MC's in one place. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXTriker
If you haven't watched the end of the video please pay close attention to the anchor's portion. His last reference is to rival bicycle gangs

I knew them damn cyclists were trouble...

Speedo shorts will be the death of us all !!

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I looked at a few sources, including a Waco Convention Center menu of events.
There are no events listed for May 17-18, and I do wonder what, if anything, is being hushed up.

According to one sentence in the mainstay articles, there was a second crime scene at the Waco Convention Center, and 'few details' were forthcoming, it was said.

So I wonder if anything were cancelled/pulled from notice? Maybe the convention center lot is simply a handy place to congregate and there was no event at all. It isn't unusual for there to be no events for a couple of days at a time (weekends?) according to their program:

www.wacocc.com...

# 435
edit on 17-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I read somewhere that there had been issues with the Cossacks and Bandidos before in Abilene last November. There are Cossack and Bandido patches in one of the pictures. There are also several other patches but I couldn't see well enough to know what they were. One article, I believe on MSN online stated that there was meeting between the gangs. My guess there was an issue with the Bandidos allowing Cossacks to fly colors in that area. In any area that the Bandidos consider their territory any other club must get permission to fly their colors.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I read somewhere that there had been issues with the Cossacks and Bandidos before in Abilene last November. There are Cossack and Bandido patches in one of the pictures. There are also several other patches but I couldn't see well enough to know what they were. One article, I believe on MSN online stated that there was meeting between the gangs. My guess there was an issue with the Bandidos allowing Cossacks to fly colors in that area. In any area that the Bandidos consider their territory any other club must get permission to fly their colors.

Cossacks were, at one time, a primary charter in the area. The Banditos aren't to be messed with. There have been some issues in West Texas, like you allude to.....

.....but it would be an interesting development if the 2 of them are going to war. That doesn't look good for our area, either. Our town is a Cossack town, but the entire region is "owned" by the Banditos

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Galveston is their home base and we are near there. I know several but still will not go to places that are their hangouts. They play for keeps over anything they consider a slight whether intended or not.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Idiots

Thank you for your service you would've sat next to me all night at my bar.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Lots of posters saying "Who cares"
But its very possible half of them were simply defending themselves!!!

I assume we are allowed to defend ourselves???

Yeah, that's the usual response of the gun-totin' "right to bear arms" crowd though, right? Ignore the reality that guns lead to thousands of deaths, just claim that if everyone had a gun to "defend themselves" everything is unicorn farts and penguin glitter.

Lets ignore the fact that one person "defending themselves" with a gun, against other people "defending themselves" with a gun, is basically nothing more than a wild west shootout where neither is defending themselves and all they're doing is threatening the lives of everyone in the vicinity.

The reality is that most of these men probably had guns for that same exact reason, the problem is they are part of a tribal mentality that couldn't give a rats behind about them as individuals.

Here's the real defense... you ready? You don't need a gun, you just need to make appropriate life choices so you don't ever end up in a situation where you need a gun to "defend yourself". Step one would be learning to become an adult, independent, not needing a "club", or "gang" or "fake family" to fulfill a desperate and wholly misplaced need to belong.

Every single one of these men knew exactly what being in gang involves, they had guns to kill, they deserve absolutely no sympathy.

I'm usually very level headed about these things, as I know plenty of Bikers here in the UK, but with American bikers it would probably be better to organize an event in the Nevada desert, invite all the gangs, arm them all as they enter and let them murder each other. Do the rest of the country a favor.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Galveston is their home base and we are near there. I know several but still will not go to places that are their hangouts. They play for keeps over anything they consider a slight whether intended or not.

I don't hang around with any of them any more.

My uncle was a charter member and Sgt at Arms in the local Cossack chapter. Sure, they were a 1% group....but they weren't. In reality they ere a group of old farts that wanted to have a bike club. They did some stuff, but mostly just liked getting in bar fights.

Now, the founding members are all either dead or disabled and the charter is headed in a new direction. My grandfather installed the heating/AC system in their club house, and we used to go out there all the time for events (fundraisers where you got incredibly drunk and bought useless crap in an auction). Been a number of years since I associated with any of them.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The bandidos have form for these kind of confrontations . A confrontation here in Australia led to 7 deaths .

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: opethPA

Whatever. Who cares?

Idiots

I think you meant this to be in response to Noxxen not Opeth?

Without knowing all the facts, I think it would be premature and ignorant to jump to a conclusion that the clubs involved were all 'gangs' and all members deserved to be killed. There is a big difference between a MC/motorcycle club and a MC 1%'er motorcycle "gang", although, both groups can fall under the guise of a "gang". As VoidHawk pointed out some may have been legally defending themselves. I'm not affiliated, but, I've known and rode with some club members most of my life, they're not all bad people. Do we know the clubs involved?

edit on 17-5-2015 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
'Colors' is usually referring to the jacket with the club patch. Cav mentioned how his jacket would be confused as being colors.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't hang around with any of them any more.

My uncle was a charter member and Sgt at Arms in the local Cossack chapter. Sure, they were a 1% group....but they weren't. In reality they ere a group of old farts that wanted to have a bike club. They did some stuff, but mostly just liked getting in bar fights.

Now, the founding members are all either dead or disabled and the charter is headed in a new direction. My grandfather installed the heating/AC system in their club house, and we used to go out there all the time for events (fundraisers where you got incredibly drunk and bought useless crap in an auction). Been a number of years since I associated with any of them.

Been to those auctions myself. Usually take whatever we bought to the next benefit run for that auction. There is an affiliated group, the Amigos. I call them the Bandido farm team.
They are just as dangerous and quite thick in these parts. I just wish the regular people wouldn't associate all motorcyclists with them. Place near Galveston wouldn't even let you in wearing a Harley T-Shirt.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
'Colors' is usually referring to the jacket with the club patch. Cav mentioned how his jacket would be confused as being colors.

Only by someone not familiar with motorcycle clubs. There are rules about colors and how they are placed on the vest.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I think it would be premature and ignorant to jump to a conclusion that the clubs involved were all 'gangs' and all members deserved to be killed. There is a big difference between a MC/motorcycle club and a MC 1%'er motorcycle "gang", although, both groups can fall under the guise of a "gang".

If you go to something like this knowing what it's about, you are not part of "club", you are part of a gang.

It's like going to a riot and claiming innocent. It's just not sensible to believe that, they went there knowing what this was all about and they went with the full knowledge that this was about causing trouble as part of a gang (not an innocent club).

I think it would be far more ignorant to claim that these people choosing to involve themselves in this were somehow innocent weekend bikers.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My husband was reading the comments on one site and a gentleman stated is nephew was killed and was NOT part of the gangs. So possibly one innocent bystander shot.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: opethPA

Whatever. Who cares?

Idiots

I think you meant this to be in response to Noxxen not Opeth?

Without knowing all the facts, I think it would be premature and ignorant to jump to a conclusion that the clubs involved were all 'gangs' and all members deserved to be killed. There is a big difference between a MC/motorcycle club and a MC 1%'er motorcycle "gang", although, both groups can fall under the guise of a "gang". As VoidHawk pointed out some may have been legally defending themselves. I'm not affiliated, but, I've known and rode with some club members most of my life, they're not all bad people. Do we know the clubs involved?

At least 4 club patches were visible in the "raw" video. MSN online had clear shots of Bandidos and Cossacks. Some in the raw video appeared to be Gypsies who are not 1% and it would be surprising to see them there. One resembled DeGuello but was not clear enough to be sure. Police refused to say in a press conference. Did not want to give them the privilege of recognition. I was just on the other side of the freeway 2 weekends ago at Heitmillers steak house.
edit on 5/17/2015 by TXTriker because: add

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Waco now needs to be on guard for what's potentially coming.
They're reporting that more bikers are on the way there, and now this is going to be about revenge and an imagined "glory" - as part of their ignorant tribal mentality.

If the police then use force, or it's known that their response to this incident injured or killed any of their fellow gang members, then there is a real risk of this becoming a bigger problem as attack and response escalates and spirals.

Some of us know that this response/retaliation scenario easily turns protests into riots, and riots into revolutions. The same applies to things like this when there are large numbers of people involved.

If I were in the area I would be looking to leave for at least a couple of days right now.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yep, Bandidos were the first club that came to mind when I read that it was in Tx. They have more than a few undesirable members IMO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join