It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shown my future after pacing around a rope rug.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What I am about to tell you I have only told two other people. I am not sure if I should even tell you about this but I need to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and what caused that experience to happen.

When I was 8 years old after school I would have to go to my grandmothers apartment. She lived in an assisted living type of community for the elderly. She usually was gone playing bridge with her friends when I would arrive to her apartment. I had my own key and would let myself in. Being 8 years old I would get bored easily and I hated being there alone because she only got one channel on her TV, PBS. Keep in mind that this is during 1988 when rabbit ears were still widely in use. On this one TV channel there was a show called "Sit and Be Fit."

To put this into perspective, imagine being 8 years old and only having this to watch.

I usually would watch this bored out of my mind. One day I had enough of the bordom and made up a game where I would try to walk from the outer edge of what I like to call a rope rug to the center and back out again.

This is the rug I am talking about. I have seen it listed as a capel area rug.

The rug is made by starting in the middle and sowing the material to itself in a spiral pattern. This one happened to be an oval shape but they come in all shapes and sizes including square. So I decided that I would try to walk this rope rug like a tight rope, spiraling from the center out and back in as a way of passing the time. After a few minutes of trying I discovered that walking on this rug and following the spiral was more than difficult. I then decided to walk the rug ignoring where my feet where instead tracing the path using the center of my vision.

I started to get good at it. After doing this for what seemed like hours I started to get a strange sensation. I felt as if I was no longer walking and was floating along the path of this rope rug. I was frightened abit but decided to keep going. The next thing that happened was that I whited out, I could not see anything except white. I then felt so cold as if my nervous system could no longer register heat, I have never felt so cold in my life since (even during cold weather training in the Marine Corps). I then heard a sound similar to the original THX sound they play at the start of a movie in the movie theater. I no longer felt the sensation of cold or the discomfort assoicated with it. I also realized that I could not move or have any sensation of touch. Fear was really starting to set in at this point. I started to hear voices talking about something, I don't recall what it was or even if I could understand what they were saying. I was so relieved to hear someone's voice after being in the whited out state for what seemed like an eternity.

I counted about 6 or 7 different voices, they sounded very much the same (all male) but I had deduced this number based on the conversation they were having. I thought they were angels and that I had died or something of that nature. I called out to the voices and asked them where I am and who they were. I heard one of them say "he isn't supposed to be here yet" and another said "how did he get here" using a whispering tone. They whispered a few things to each other that I could not make out. One of the voices said "you are here with us and we are you." Being 8 at the time I was quite perplexed and did not know what to make of it. We had a brief conversation of me asking questions and them not wanting to answer my questions as if to reveal some sacred secret. I don't remember the exact conversation we had but I do remember what happened next because it was so profound. They told me that they wanted to show me "something." I was then able to see again and started to have visions.

First I was sitting in a room watching the donkey scene from Disney's Pinocchio. I was watching this through my own eyes but I had no control of my body. I asked the voices why they were showing me this and they told me that they wanted to show me my life as it will happen. They then showed me sitting in someone's bedroom playing a video game, again through my own eyes but still no control. They then showed me a man with a short beard sitting on a mattress on a floor smoking a cigarette with a woman. I asked who is that person on the mattress and they told me that it was me! I told them I don't want to smoke cigarettes and die of cancer, they told me not to worry that I would be fine. I asked if the lady was my girl friend and they said no just a friend. They then showed me a movie theater playing what appeared to be a sci-fi movie. I was like wow this looks like a cool movie and wished that I could see the whole thing. They told me that I would get to see the movie with my wife and that she was sitting next to me! I tried to turn and look but again I had no control but I was watching the moving through my own eyes. I then started to feel warmth again and realized that I was laying in the middle of the rug in my grandmas apartment. My whole body felt like pins and needles much the way when your leg falls asleep and you start to get blood flow again.

A few weeks later I went to my cousin's house and we watched Pinocchio in her room, I realized that this was the first thing that I was shown. That is when it sunk in that what I experienced was real and not some wild hallucination. Then when I was 12 I was a friends house playing Super Mario Brothers 3 and I realized that this was the game I was playing in my vision and in the same room further confirming my experience was real. When I was 23 I was at a friends house smoking a cigarette with his girlfriend. He had the mattress on the floor and we were both sitting there waiting on him to get home whilst smoking a cigarette. He had a mirrored sliding closet door and when I looked up in to the mirror I saw the exact same vision that I was shown as a child. The vision was in fact true, the man smoking the cigarette was me. Then when I was 24 I took a girl to see "The Chronicles of Riddick" at the movie theater. Near the end of the movie when Riddick is fighting the main villain I realized that this was in fact the very scene that I was shown! Me and that girl got married in 2005 and we are married till this day.

This is the closest thing to a religious experience that I have ever had and it happened at the young age of 8 long before I was ever corrupted by drugs or alcohol. Have any of you ever heard of something like this or experience this yourselves? I would like to know.

edit on 10-4-2015 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/12/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That's awfully good recollection of something that supposedly happened when you were only 8 years old....Perhaps a little too good....

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Only you know how true that story is

Whatever the case, it's a great story and reminds me of the way some Sufis achieve a meditative state - whirling.

As I was reading it, it was quite evocative and has a core to it that would make a good fantasy narrative. Young hero paces mat to avoid stresses in life and finds that they can interact with a future that's not yet fixed.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
That's awfully good recollection of something that supposedly happened when you were only 8 years old....Perhaps a little too good....

Some things you don't forget. I remember every car wreck I have been in with great detail. I remember the firetruck I played with when I was 4 years old, ect...

The years were easy to figure out based on when I moved to certain areas, when the movie came out, and how my marriage played out. There are things about the experience such as the exact dialogue that I don't remember but I think I mentioned that in my post.

By all means, feel free to be skeptical. I did not make this post for fun. I made this post because I have been searching for hours on the internet looking for similar experiences from other people. The closest thing I have found to the whiteout is on weed smoking forums, way different experience however. I want to know if anyone else has had similar experience and how it was triggered.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It didn't sound like the Dolby 5.0 sound, it sounded exactly like it. As if the speakers were directly wired to my brain and was all I could hear until sound seemed irrelevant. Pressure all around me as if I was less dense than the area around me and totally recognize the white out but I was already used to that. Great story OP, I believe you.
edit on 10-4-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The little boy. My aunt will never forget as she was half naked when a little boy crossed running from kitchen to living. A friend of our grandpa they say always coming to visit. Ill.take a pic of the rug ione at the back and one in front if i can go there its far from from here and no one lives there anymore. Search that rug its can be buy for.PHp. m rug made of dried abaca. A local home grown plant.

All.boys, all cousins are boys Im the 7th grandchild first girl in the crowd. They talk a bout a boy. I heard. I thought its a ghost lol

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
But passing thru rug is impossible. What are you? Magician?

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What the hell 3x post. Lol. What did you do?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It didn't sound like the Dolby 5.0 sound, it sounded exactly like it. As if the speakers were directly wired to my brain and was all I could hear until sound seemed irrelevant. Pressure all around me as if I was less dense than the area around me and totally recognize the white out but I was already used to that. Great story OP, I believe you.

Can you please elaborate your experience and how it was triggered?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Can you please elaborate your experience and how it was triggered?

Well I suspect how it was triggered isn't exactly germane to the topic in the scope of ATS T&C considerations. I have had a couple OOB experiences though and each follow a similar storyline to what you have shared.

Walking in tight circles could have caused dizziness. Continuing could result in your brain producing serotonin flooding your endorphins. Similar to meditation via differing practices. There is a lot more going on than our computers can compute. Some people sometimes catch a glimpse.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Very interesting account. Too bad you didn't get more profound visions of important moments in your life or something that could have guided you in moments of crisis but still interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I have only two words

I believe you S&f

Thank you for your candour

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'm not calling you a liar or anything like that, I have no reason not to believe that you had an experience similar to what you describe. I'm just saying the amount of detail you seem to recall seems rather extraordinary, given that you were 8 years old at the time, and (going by statements made in the OP) are now at least 25, if not older.

Our minds tend to fill in gaps in detail in our memories as we age (mine being no exception), and I'm just wondering if that may be happening here to a certain extent (not that it really matters). I apologize if I came across as if I were calling you a liar or something like that. No offense was meant.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
By the time I was 13 I had gained an almost obsessive desire to understand why and how we exist; what lies beyond, what is God; why and how are we here?

At times I thought I'd surely become a fruit-loop in my later years (I'm 29 and feelin' fine, however
).
I so indulged in pondering these topics that at times I'd fall into a trance like state, seldom a planned venture.
On two occasions I remember having concentrated on my quest for understanding so much that my senses essentially fell away and everything faded into white. (I must come across as so self-important... whatever
).

The experience I remember most happened on a school day... I remember that I'd been wracking my brain about this for a few days and on this particular day my Mom picked me up and we drove home. The drive is just over 20 minutes and we kept rather quite. We arrived home, I got out of the car, school-bag slung on my shoulder, I walked towards the back door but I unconsciously stopped 'round back. Standing on the grass, looking down, without any real thought, I fell into a sort of trance and I watched as everything faded to white. I wasn't scared or alarmed, I felt like I wasn't even thinking. It was like watching yourself in a dream... no fear.

My experience doesn't have any of the cool stuff yours does... I just remember feeling at ease, comfortably numb in the vast whiteness. I enjoyed the feeling, but even though I used to practice meditation and breathing techniques, I've never been able to induce it by will alone.

Thank you for sharing your experience here, it doesn't seem to be a common one

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Bybthe way, wat is s&f?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I remember when i was young.... uhhmm i have little memory ill ask my mom ill get back to you!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAmPhoeniX07
a reply to: MensaIT3

Bybthe way, wat is s&f?

Star and flag

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

You do understand that he is recounting for us an exceptional, traumatic experience, akin to one of those few points in a person's life that stand out among all of the rest? True, it is an out-of-the-ordinary experience that few people have--and fewer still report such experiences--but allow yourself to think outside of your own walls.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join