It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shown my future after pacing around a rope rug.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

or a version of a old steam train blowing its horns driving right above your head

Just as I read that scooby doo is on the telly... Guess what sound I heard?

Weird!

Terrance McKenna describes a similar sound...

edit on 11-4-2015 by Wifibrains because: To add weird freaky sound effect that came out of a movie as I was just reading it

edit on 11-4-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Fascinating story! Thanks so much for sharing - I for one am glad you did. There are many layers to life.. it seems like you may have blurred the gap there a little. What's even more fascinating is the "He isn't supposed to be here YET"

Its comforting in a way. Although it was a terrifying experience. I think you should consider yourself lucky.

I believe you. There's those that won't - And I understand their scepticism. But that seems a rather elaborate story to make up and one I don't think you'd choose to lie about.

Thanks again for sharing. I wish I had some more insight as to what happened to you that day....
edit on 11-4-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

For me, the sound didn't lead in like that. It was more the final tone and was a single "punch".

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Yes it builds up in the Testvideo but I, too, mean the fast uprising past. I just said listen to the beginning because there will be other sounds I wanted to exclude. I first listened to a Dolby sample but it was different in my memory. So I decided to try a THX test. That it the nail it seems.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Sounds like you had yourself a self-induced '___' experience. Somehow you triggered a synaptic surge while walking around the rug and invoked your pineal gland to mass produce dimethaltryptamine. That "white room" you mentioned has been seen before. It is typically accompanied by sounds of buzzing, cellophane popping or humming.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I myself have many memories from when I was a child, my friends call me "the archive" because I can remember specific statements to a T that were said when we were younger. Whenever someone accuses me of not being able to remember things from when I was 4 years old I get very upset, because, I CAN! Just because you can't or maybe you just weren't paying as close attention as a youngster doesn't mean that all those memories are just erased. They are all still there inside your mind waiting to be accessed.

I think there is a strong urge socially to let go of childish thoughts and activities as one ages, and I think this leads to false deletion of memories. In my opinion children have quite a unique view of the world that has value in society.

I for one believe the OP and his recollection of these events. Something as strange and profound as that wouldn't leave my mind so readily and anyone even without superior memory abilities might remember such an event.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

From a previous personal thread of mine.. this is almost as near as what you experienced..just to add, what I heard was "he is awake, that is confirmed" ...

Going to add this event to this post since it's relevant.

About 3 weeks ago, I was laying in bed, after hearing the alarm clock go off, shut it off and layed there for a couple of minutes and then thought "well, I guess I should get up". Immediately after having that thought.. I physically HEARD a radio transmission along with the mic being keyed...

"that is confirmed" or something similar to that! I FREAKED! I opened my eyes immediately, looked toward the window which had the blinds shut, but just a bit open to see if the police were in my backyard.

I got up, opened the blinds in the bedroom, looked outside, nada. zero, no one there. I ran to the the sliding glass door, open it up.. walked out side.. nada, zero...no one there

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I see nothing wrong with your recollection OP and see
good reason to believe every word. But it wasn't the
rug at all responsible for your brief journey.

Poor lil dude was driven out of his mind by that soul
consuming single TV programming. You escaped any way
you could and I don't blame you.

Horrid!

edit on Ram41115v10201500000019 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i had an out of body experience (i think it was out of body). not going to explain it again but will say the pins and needles thing happened at the end and even effected my kids, who said it felt like it was raining in the house. but i think our situation was some kind of electromagnetic anomaly, since we lived across the street from a huge golf ball shaped radar dome.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Interesting tale there BigPoJo. Not many of us are granted such an experience and yours sounds like one for you to treasure and reflect upon for years to come.

My grandmother had that same type rug. And I remember following it around and around also when I was little but never had the same experiences as you.

The spiral you were following reminds me of the great labyrinth of Chartres. There even is a movement of labyrinth folk who walk the labyrinth for meditation and stilling themselves.. They follow it from the outer part of the spiral, in and in and in until they reach the center with all is'ts spiritual significance, and then walk it back out, all the while in contemplation seeking some form of altered state.

In essence, BJ, this is what you might have done to yourself, put yourself in an altered state.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Great story. You do realise there is still one scenario from that experience left for you to experience? The one where you say, what is he doing here? and show yourself these visions. Crazy, eh?

You might look up the story of a guy who claims to have met himself in the future after crawling under his sink. Yeah, it's a little nutty and the story has supposedly been debunked because a short piece about his experience was funded by an insurance company, so people jumped to the conclusion that it was some advertising gimmick. But the guy's blog, which now only exists in archive form, begins well before the insurance company was involved.

I no longer remember the guy's name — he's Swedish, I believe — but here's the clincher: He had his cell phone with him that day, and snapped a pic of himself with himself.

The guy apparently got accused of being a scammer or being crazy so I think that's why he's basically off the internet now, at least if he's on it he keeps a low profile. I really would love to talk to him.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The description of your experience struck a chord with me. I've had numerous inexplicable experiences for which modern science has no explanation. I believe you.

I am curious about the sound you heard. My wife has told me many times of hearing celestial sounds during an experience she had when she was 3 years old. She explains the sound(s) as sort of a mix of angelic music and voices.

Did what you hear sound like this THX sound at 3m00s ? which is what came to mind when I read your description.
Or was it more like the Dolby sound at 3m19s?
Unfortunately, ATS has the most prehistoric photo and video injection system of any board I know of and I can't link directly to the time of the video directly.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

S&F for starting this thread, I totally believe in your experience. Walking meditations have been used for centuries to induce deep relaxation and trance like states. Many cultures still practice them.

I can certainly relate to a similar, although not nearly as dramatic sensation. When I was in my teens I had a small bedroom on the back of our house that used to be my Dad's radio room (he was a ham operator). This room had plywood walls that were stained and varnished. I would lay on my bed and stare at the wood-grain patterns and kind of follow them in my mind. After awhile I would hear a sound something like a blend of tones, music and indistinct voices -- nothing I can describe but would recognize in an instant should I hear it again. I would then just feel weird, a disconnected floating feeling that was extremely relaxing. There were no visions, revelations, precognition or astral projections; just an wonderful feeling of letting go. It was something that happened frequently and I wish I could recapture that exact feeling.

I find meditation gives me the deep relaxation and the feeling of nothingness, but doesn't come close to matching that particular experience. That was back 40+ years and yes it is very real in my mind even now. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I had a similar "white out" experience.

I didn't get any of the cold sensations though. I do recall the voices, hushed whispers actually. The "whiteness" gave way to a bright light, and I realized that I was laying on some kind of hospital bed, and the "whiteness" was a really bright exam light overhead. I could just barley make out the faces of about 4-5 masked people...who I can only assume to be doctors.

From what I gathered, they were surprised I had come to, as I they could tell somehow that I could see them. They seemed rather concerned, but I got the sense that I was going to be OK -- just that I wasn't supposed to be aware of them. Sort of an "OOPS!" moment on their end.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That's awesome! Almost like walking widdershins--or into faerie/another dimension. Any good suggestions on where I could get more info on labyrinth walking?

Okay, I'm going to go on a limb and say, guys, what if this is the doorway to NARNIA ?!!!

Seriously, though. Ever read the book, The Magicians by Lev Grossman?

About similar phenomena that lead to 'Narnia' and the adventure that--i won't speak for anyone else--I know I've always wished that I could have haha
edit on 11-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Do you mean this sound (its THX but listen to the start of it) or a version of a old steam train blowing its horns driving right above your head (while in bed) through the room? Only the sound and the sensation of course?

I had that similar sound one with a "buzzing" feeling and had my first ever lucid/vivid dream or OOB, more like the last but I could not look at my bed and my room was a mixture of all bedrooms I´ve had in my life. Then it clicked and I knew I had to concentrate to whats next to not lose the connection and decided to walk through the closet into the livingroom and when our cat freaked out seeing me coming through the wall/sideboard that was standing there I fell back and woke up.
Living room looked eary similar to what I saw when I looked from that position later awake.

But if you could answer my first lines, that would be awesome

Yes, but the sound at about 19 secs when it hits its apex, lasted what seemed forever.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ArJunaBug

THX is the correct sound, I will edit the OP if it lets me.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I never read Narnia but I did see the movie which came out LONG after my experience.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

This really opens up a new window (or is it many?) as to what time is and perhaps more importantly how we experience it within our lifetime. Thank you much for posting this in such a thoughtful and structured way. I think that this is more normal than you may realize as we are basically `memory machines` and you revived a very special look behind the scenes perhaps? Or something intervened in a big way to show you something very mind boggling. Either way I think that there must be a reason for this and the time for knowledge like this must be right somehow.
edit on 12-4-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join