It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shown my future after pacing around a rope rug.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
a reply to: verschickter

For me, the sound didn't lead in like that. It was more the final tone and was a single "punch".

Yes, this is how it was for me (the apex of the THX intro) and it lasted a long time.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Having experienced something somewhat similar (being shown my future--but the circumstances were different. No rug in my scenario, and it happened when I was younger), I believe you 100%, OP. Thank you for sharing! Made me feel better about my experience. I wonder how many people this kind of thing happens to.

Can you share what happened in your experience and how you think it was triggered?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hey there,

thanks for jogging my memory; I remember obsessively following the rug pattern until I started to feel myself becoming unbounded. The labyrinths and the whirling; there's something there for sure.

As far as the sound, that is a very common feature of breaking through; resonant frequency, if you will.

I remember absences, whiteouts, and crashing back. I thought I had died.

I also remember being in the presence of them, their deliberating and confusion, and my fear. I bet they're different for each of us. Its like imaginary friends are real, and they're in charge of our brain, just across the veil. Aliens, angels, tulpas, what matters the words right?

Never been given discrete-moment foresight or snapshots of my future life, though. I'm very happy for you, I'm glad you remembered and shared.

As far as the 'other world being reality,' knowing it and 'always knowing it,' I reply that no world can stand alone.

also lol i feel u 2da10th
edit on 12-4-2015 by tAcAnAvAn because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2015 by tAcAnAvAn because: OCD

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So my grandmother also had a very large oval rope rug and I would often walk the rings and do the same as you said OP. I don't remember having an experience like that but I would always hear things strangely. Not while I was walking but during the same time period of my life. I have never connected the rug and the sounds before until I read this.

I wish I could remember the sounds... it wasn't really like external or even internal sounds. It was more of a distortion of how I heard stuff with some kind of weird rythm. Heck, I know I'm not explaining it very good. I can hardly remember what it sounded like but I remember hearing things in a weird way all the time back then and I even told my grandparents about it. They didn't know what I was talking about. I've never experienced the distorted sounds since I've been an adult or even a teen, preteen, etc. I'm 38 now so this was a very long time ago.

I'm gonna have to buy one of those rugs and see if I can recreate it. Also get all my kids walking it and see if they experience anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: BIGPoJo
I'm not calling you a liar or anything like that, I have no reason not to believe that you had an experience similar to what you describe. I'm just saying the amount of detail you seem to recall seems rather extraordinary, given that you were 8 years old at the time, and (going by statements made in the OP) are now at least 25, if not older.

Our minds tend to fill in gaps in detail in our memories as we age (mine being no exception), and I'm just wondering if that may be happening here to a certain extent (not that it really matters). I apologize if I came across as if I were calling you a liar or something like that. No offense was meant.

This is bogus

Assuming every other human being had the exact memory capacity, photographic memory etc..

I'm in my 20's, and I can recall (and photographically see in my mind vividly) memories and even THOUGHTS/feelings I had. I can "replay" a memory of an experience I've had in this life, on my mind, anytime.

Some would call thst time travelling, as the consciousness is going through its memory bank and projecting in the mind , the very memory, reliving it.

Cheers
edit on 12-4-2015 by Elementalist because: misread. .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

For me, the sound didn't lead in like that. It was more the final tone and was a single "punch".

Yes, this is how it was for me (the apex of the THX intro) and it lasted a long time.

like this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I have nearly perfect recollection of music, lyrics, and verbal communications since I was 6. I can sing in pitch and recite every song I have heard just once. I recall conversations with my grandmother when we went from CA to the mid west to visit for a spell...I turned 6 that year.

Just because YOU do not have the aability to recollect, doesn't mean others do not.

To the OP, the multiverse is full of wonderous possibilities and I do not doubt the truth of your story. Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: wisper

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

like this?

www.youtube.com...

Yes very much so!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I've seen this thread's name the past couple of days and have to say it's one of the best names of a thread I've seen here. Have decided not to read any of it, but to just appreciate the descriptive and poetic title.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

That was one of the hardest parts about making this thread is what to call it. I wanted the title of the thread to give a clear picture of what it was about but not be too long that it would get truncated for some people.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Wifibrain's post at the top of the page I posted on has some info... the rest of my own quasi-knowledge was garnered the old fashioned way... real books, engaging occultists and bothering anthropology TA"s when drunk.

Celts...specifically the Druids, were thought to employ the method before their knowledge was lost to time. Pacing a labyrinth is still a rare custom, though, and my thoughts are long lasting customs of that sort sometimes have a utility to them, but it's really state of mind rather than the trappings (that just help achieve the state), imo... the same with most all ritual "magic."

A spiral has a whole lot of metaphor pertaining to human existence, I think.

Narnia... heh... well, a physics talk at Google posted here a few months ago logically lays out that our reality has only two possibilities... either we live in a multiverse where new universes break off from every quantum event (producing unimaginable number of separate universes every nano second across this universe and all the rest... whew) OR the universe we live in is not "real" in the commonly accepted sense.... either or.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Another interesting thing to note is some people with Autism enjoy spinning for hours. I can attest to this as my brother has Autism and spins on the spot for hours at a time. He doesn't like to be disturbed whilst doing this and it is clear he is in either deep thought or you could say a trance like state. It's always amazed us the extent he can spin without feeling dizzy!
edit on 13/4/2015 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

I drink to excess to achieve the same state! And as a kid, most of us have spun on the lawn until we fall... but that is interesting regarding autism and I didn't put it together... hmmm.

Heh, maybe someday all the people on a tilt-a-whirl at the local carnival will wink out and travel to a higher dimension?

Anyway, more hints that some more knowledgeable occultist or neuroscientist can puzzle out the big picture with.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I'm just saying the amount of detail you seem to recall seems rather extraordinary, given that you were 8 years old at the time, and (going by statements made in the OP) are now at least 25, if not older.

there are gaps as you say but I remember age 3 and remember everything from age 4, this was easily provable going back to the town I lived at that age I was able to tell my Mother how to get to our house, my school in a neighboring town where i started school early at age 4 and a half.

At age 8 my Father died and we lived in Lake Tahoe 2 years, I was able to take my husband straight to our house where we lived at age 8 and to my school there and the second house across town. There are no details to small I remember age 8 completely. I remember my Teachers names and faces, my friends names and faces everything.

I once searched for and found at age 32 a best friend I last saw at age 7 and I wrote to her remembering a boy we both liked by name and other things we did and asking about her family whom I remember names and faces and all details of, , she wrote back and she also remembered all of those details said what wonderful memories it brought back...

Now my husband who used pot at a young age remembers nothing of his childhood...he blames the smoking.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Give your husband time. Old memories come back as we age it seems. I also have a good memory of early ages and consider it a very good thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I'm not calling you a liar or anything like that, I have no reason not to believe that you had an experience similar to what you describe. I'm just saying the amount of detail you seem to recall seems rather extraordinary, given that you were 8 years old at the time, and (going by statements made in the OP) are now at least 25, if not older.

Our minds tend to fill in gaps in detail in our memories as we age (mine being no exception), and I'm just wondering if that may be happening here to a certain extent (not that it really matters). I apologize if I came across as if I were calling you a liar or something like that. No offense was meant.

This is bogus

Assuming every other human being had the exact memory capacity, photographic memory etc..

I'm in my 20's, and I can recall (and photographically see in my mind vividly) memories and even THOUGHTS/feelings I had. I can "replay" a memory of an experience I've had in this life, on my mind, anytime.

Some would call thst time travelling, as the consciousness is going through its memory bank and projecting in the mind , the very memory, reliving it.

Cheers

I'm in my 30's and I have learned the more you use and exercise your brain the better your brain functions in general. This includes ones "memory", long term or otherwise. As I get older I actually become more aware of my childhood past. I am able to trigger scenes in my head of days long past. I remember walks with my uncle and brother taking my brother to school. My uncle promising to buy me a scooter and stopping at the playground. This was before I was in kindergarten. I remember eating a jelly donut with my grandmother and calling her "the ol bat" mimicking my uncle. Tricycle rides in kindergarten, etc, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: constant_thought
a reply to: Baddogma

Another interesting thing to note is some people with Autism enjoy spinning for hours. I can attest to this as my brother has Autism and spins on the spot for hours at a time. He doesn't like to be disturbed whilst doing this and it is clear he is in either deep thought or you could say a trance like state. It's always amazed us the extent he can spin without feeling dizzy!

Same goes for rocking back and forth ad naseum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join