It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympain Bruce Jenner involved in fatal 4 car pile up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jenner was allegedly being chased by paparrazi

Bruce Jenner has been involved in a car crash in which he allegedly rear-ended the driver of a car who veered into oncoming traffic and was killed.

The former Olympian, 65, smashed his Cadillac Escalade into the back of the victim's white Lexus on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, California, according to reports by TMZ.

Jenner reportedly said he was being chased by five paparazzi photographers at the time.

He has been subject to intense media scrutiny after reports that he is planning to have gender reassignment surgery to become a woman.

According to witnesses who spoke to TMZ, he smashed into the back of the Lexus around midday, pushing the vehicle into oncoming traffic.

It was reportedly struck by a Hummer, causing the fatal smash. Reports claim that a total of four cars were involved in the pile-up, which injured eight people.

I know a lot of people are going to blame Jenner, and he shares blame, but those dang Paps share a LOT of blame as well. If they didn't chase people the way they do, and drive so dangerously, these accidents wouldn't occur. There needs to be a law against it, or if there is, it needs to be enforced!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

There's any number of laws against dangerous driving.

Unless you mean celebs should have a law tailored to them and the paps.

And traffic laws are enforced, but LE can't be everywhere all the time.

Though celebs do seem to get more than their fair share of "attention"

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let's assume for a second that he was being chased (no proof other that his word). The guy is on a reality show where his life is literally under constant filming. What possible excuse could you have to be a crappy driver because the pap are following you?

Are they going to catch up with you and attempt to kill you? Seriously. If you are going to be a media whore, you have to be able to just let them follow you.

If you are just some shmoe and a strange vehicle is following you, I could see being somewhat concerned (not enough to race down the highway and rearend someone), but this guy is expecting these kind of encounters. I hope he gets cited for reckless driving and negligent homicide if the account of him rear-ending this other car into oncoming traffic is true.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It always amazes me that all a celeb has to do is say papparazi and they get away with anything, including killing someone.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So since he didn't want his picture taken then he needs to not pay attention to what he is doing in his car?

Rear end is usually 100% the fault of the person that hit the back of your car.

I put this one on bruce.

I get the point you are making with the pap but you not wanting your picture taken is not more important then you controlling your vehicle while around others.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
He's a reality star. This is reality.

Why should he expect privacy when he puts his private life on the screen for everyone to see?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Let's assume for a second that he was being chased (no proof other that his word). The guy is on a reality show where his life is literally under constant filming. What possible excuse could you have to be a crappy driver because the pap are following you?

Are they going to catch up with you and attempt to kill you? Seriously. If you are going to be a media whore, you have to be able to just let them follow you.

If you are just some shmoe and a strange vehicle is following you, I could see being somewhat concerned (not enough to race down the highway and rearend someone), but this guy is expecting these kind of encounters. I hope he gets cited for reckless driving and negligent homicide if the account of him rear-ending this other car into oncoming traffic is true.

Or how about, take photos of the guy before he leaves his destination, or when he arrives, not while he operating a vehicle and can put his life, and others at risk. Again with the common sense.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why should he expect privacy when he puts his private life on the screen for everyone to see?

He didn't put all his private life on the screen. There's been speculation he's transition to transgender, or a woman, he's been keeping this private. THAT'S why they've ben hounding him relentlessly.

Edit to add, since the divorce from Kris, he hasn't been on lately according to reports, so at what point is he entitled to a private life? Never?
edit on 2/7/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

They didn't force him to drive just like them.

He decided he needed to drive like an ass to get away, not the fault of the pap.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

He didn't put all his private life on the screen. There's been speculation he's transition to transgender, or a woman, he's been keeping this private. THAT'S why they've ben hounding him relentlessly.

Where have you been? He's in negotiations to turn his transition into a reality show. For a "private" thing, it's been very un-private.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I know a lot of people are going to blame Jenner, and he shares blame, but those dang Paps share a LOT of blame as well. If they didn't chase people the way they do, and drive so dangerously, these accidents wouldn't occur. There needs to be a law against it, or if there is, it needs to be enforced!

You would have to eliminate the ;
National enquirer
Examiner
People
etc.

Then get rid of the people who buy this quality reading material.

His sex change thing, did he not think it would attract attention?
Drop out and become a hermit then.
Too bad someone died.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

Or how about, take photos of the guy before he leaves his destination, or when he arrives, not while he operating a vehicle and can put his life, and others at risk. Again with the common sense.

Common sense would dictate that somebody who makes their living putting their life and manufactured drama in front of cameras shouldn't drive in an uncontrolled manner to get away from cameras.

Sorry man. Completely agree that paps are a-holes, but that doesn't excuse being a negligent driver. I have little sympathy for celebs when it comes to having their pic taken to begin with, and even less for somebody who makes their living off it.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Or how about he be held responsible because he CHOSE to run and drive like an idiot, and killed someone. Instead of, oh he's a celebrity, the paparazzi forced him to do it by chasing him.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Where have you been? He's in negotiations to turn his transition into a reality show. For a "private" thing, it's been very un-private.

Negotiations doesn't mean done deal.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If Bruce was driving then he is at fault...

Being photographed in public does not give him the right to put other people in danger.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Or how about he be held responsible because he CHOSE to run and drive like an idiot, and killed someone. Instead of, oh he's a celebrity, the paparazzi forced him to do it by chasing him.

Hopefully we'll learn more in the coming days from accident investigators as to what, and how it happened. I feel bad to the woman who lost her life. I do disagree, respectfully, slightly and feel paps are responsible somewhat too. I've seen videos of the way they drive. Sometimes intentionally trying to cause an accident in hopes of getting a good crash pick of the celeb being a "crappy" driver. Not as bad a crash pick as this mind you, but a car hitting a curb kind of thing. Something needs to be done about them. That's my opinion on them. I don't mind them taking a photo in a stationary location, I do mind when they stalk in the road and cause accidents.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

At what point does a celebrity get held responsible for what they do? A person died because he made a stupid decision and he's already getting a pass for it.
edit on 2/7/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Negotiations doesn't mean done deal.

He's "revealing" it on the family show. His mommy went ahead and told everybody all about it. He's "negotiating" a deal with Diane Sawyer for an exclusive.

Let's not try and pretend he has any interest in this being a private thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

He wanted out.

Blood in blood out.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

At what point does a celebrity get held responsible for what they do? A person died because heade a stupid decision and he's already getting a pass for it.

I'm NOT saying Bruce shouldn't be held responsible. He, by ALL means bears responsibility. If anything he could even have pulled over and dialed 911 if he felt threatened by the paps driving instead of getting away. I've seen numerous stories (Matthew Brodderick, et al) who've killed people and walked away with no time, fine, or anything. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen here. I can tell you now, Kris WILL step in, and have him lawyer up immediately! She is still his manager. If she is smart, that is what she will do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join