It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympain Bruce Jenner involved in fatal 4 car pile up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I guess I see what JohnTeeGee is saying. I don't really find a problem with the thread, as you said, anyone who doesn't want to read it can skip it; but some people do come to ATS to escape mainstream news and celebrity gossip that pervades other sites, their televisions, etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I come here to read things I won't see or hear about anywhere else, too.

I'm also entirely capable of skipping over threads and entire forums I have no interest in. I don't get popping in a thread I don't want to read, just so I can complain about how I don't want to read it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree with you there. We all have the ability to skip anything. a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I guess I see what JohnTeeGee is saying. I don't really find a problem with the thread, as you said, anyone who doesn't want to read it can skip it; but some people do come to ATS to escape mainstream news and celebrity gossip that pervades other sites, their televisions, etc.

I'll be honest, I almost didn't share it, however, I didn't see it as gossip, because for me, I saw it as an ex-Olympian, so the way I saw it, if not me sharing, perhaps someone else. I did debate whether to post it in news, as it was a fatal crash, or sports, as he was an ex-Olympian. So I did a 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. If the mods move it, I will not debate it as I can see the point.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So, what you're saying is.

That I cannot have a pop at a thread that I don't think should be here...

...but...

...you can have a pop at my post that you don't think should be here.

Got it.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Like someone else said, someone would have shared it eventually. a reply to: Anyafaj

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnGeeTee

Where'd I say that?

All I did was point out the absurdity of going into a thread to complain about that thread.

So....no, I did not say that.

Get it?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well I'm glad you've seen the light.

Delayed reaction probably.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnGeeTee

Aww. No need to get personal now.

Have a good night buddy

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Jenner has volunteered to get blood drawn

3:45 PM PT Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Bruce volunteered to go to the hospital to have his blood drawn for blood alcohol testing. He was taken in a Sheriff's cruiser. We've also learned the woman who was killed in the white car was coming to a stop at a red light when Bruce hit her. We're told law enforcement has already determined Bruce was not speeding.

And we're told there was a 4th car involved in the accident. The woman in the white car hit a Prius in front of her before moving into oncoming traffic.

Police say no Paps, witness says yes

A witness told USA Today that photographers stood snapping photos of the shaken Jenner in the minutes after the harrowing fatal accident.

“It happened so fast,” said Veronica Bermudez, an employee at the nearby Malibu Roadhouse who echoed Jenner’s charge about the chase by the celebrity shutterbugs.

“They (paparazzi) were here right away,” she told the newspaper. “How could they have gotten here that fast otherwise? I don’t know why they have to follow him, and not just leave him alone.”

But the sergeant disputed the reports of a paparazzi chase preceding the wreck.

“That wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense, but it’s always possible,” said Brooks. “We can’t confirm that.”

“He is not under any investigation right now as far as driving while intoxicated,” the sergeant said.

Police dispute pap reports

Police deputies added that Jenner was not being chased by paparazzi at the time, contrary to earlier reports.

Jenner cooperated with investigators, passed a field sobriety test and voluntarily submitted a blood sample to determine whether he was intoxicated, according to Sheriff's Sgt. Philip Brooks.

Veronica Bermudez works at the Malibu Roadhouse restaurant, very close to the site of the accident.

"There are still one, two, three, four cars out on the road, they've got it all blocked off," she said, looking out the window of the restaurant just after 2 pm.

"It happened so fast, it was pretty bad," she said.

She didn't know what might have caused the crash as the roadway is generally not very busy, "there's not a lot of traffic here," she said.

She did wonder whether paparazzi following Jenner might have been involved.

"They were here right away, how could they have gotten here that fast otherwise?" she said.

After the accident they "just stayed on Pacific Coast Highway, taking pictures," she said. "I don't know why they have to follow him and not just leave him alone," she said.

As I said, Paps HAD to have been there or nearby. How else did they get the shot of the moment of impact? But yet, "they weren't there". Suuuure, and I have a bridge in London to sell ya. The cops do realize they have cars and can drive away from the scene of an accident, right?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnGeeTee

Well I'm glad you've seen the light.

Delayed reaction probably.

BTW, now that this has hit the major news networks, can we call a truce and call this news now? I'm curious?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What kind of maniac thinks he can outrun another car while towing a trailer with a freakin' car on it!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Olympain Bruce Jenner involved in fatal 4 car pile up page: 3

That is the topic.
Please discuss it.....other material belong in a Private Message....or another thread.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

We know that the paps were there but you can tell by the photo they were not following him.

I wonder if Brucy will blame it on some hormone medicine.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

We know that the paps were there but you can tell by the photo they were not following him.

I wonder if Brucy will blame it on some hormone medicine.

Who's to say. Although, just because a car on the side got the shot, it doesn't mean there weren't cars behind him. Not arguing, just a thought is all.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Jenner WAS being followed by Paps, but it did NOT play a factor say deputies.

Jenner was being followed by paparazzi at the time, but they did not play a factor in the crash, said officials, adding that neither party was speeding.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, deputies were sent around 12:12 p.m. to Corral Canyon at the Pacific Coast Highway, for report of a traffic collision involving four vehicles.

“Bruce Jenner was in the third car, which was an Escalade with a trailer behind it towing a Sandrail,” said Sgt. Phillip Brooks of the Malibu Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station.

Deputies said a white Lexus was one of two vehicles that stopped abruptly in front of Jenner. Skid marks reportedly reveal Jenner tried to stop before rear-ending the Lexus by chain reaction, pushing the vehicle into oncoming traffic.

The Lexus was then struck by a Hummer H2 at the scene and smashed to bits.

Authorities pronounced the elderly female driver of the Lexus dead at the scene. Her identity is being withheld pending family notification.

Translation, looks like not Bruce's fault, but the fault of the first driver who stopped suddenly. Bruce hit the second car when he couldn't stop in time. If he was texting, he might get citation on that, hard to say. Second car was pushed into on coming traffic in opposing lane by Bruce's car when he was unable to stop quickly enough, perhaps the force of his ATV he was towing.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

If Bruce couldn't stop in time it's because he was following to close, he is completely at fault.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

We really need to know where Bruce was when the car stopped.

It is really hard for it to be seen as not your fault when you rear end someone.
You were either to close or not paying attention.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

We really need to know where Bruce was when the car stopped.

It is really hard for it to be seen as not your fault when you rear end someone.
You were either to close or not paying attention.

I think we'll know for sure when deputies release a statement. Until then it's a guessing game really. My translation is off the article, not inside knowledge, of course. I could be wrong, and if I am, I'll admit. 98% of the time, I'm good at admitting when I'm wrong, we won't mention the other 2%. Hehe

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I think the odds are against this not being his fault (if he was a normal person, I mean). Even if the other car stopped short, he's the one towing a trailer. That adds even more responsibility than he already had.

Will be interesting to see how this gets put out for consumption.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join