It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman announces fighter bid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber
a reply to: Jukiodone

Wasn't taken by boomer at least not the one I saw, it got leaked a while back on the internet but I haven't seen much about it since.

Yeah i remember that one. It was on the internet what a whole ten minutes after being posted on here? lol.

And the YF-24 was a twin engine jet. Just to clear that up. It had some similarities to the boeing design, but there were some major differences between their drawing and the actual aircraft.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Given the fact that both B2StealthBomber and Boomer135 agree that's the picture of the YF-24, i think we can believe them.

So...

Hypothetically speaking: if someone were to follow the trail of white pebbles all the wayback, and found out a picture of an aircraft refueling in flight, but mind you, said picture not taken from a boom operator POV, then...could he reasonably believe that picture to be authenic, even if this would mean many of us have been rickrolled for such a long time?

Moreover, the timeframe in Lanni's bio may fit well enough in regards to a previous prototype and the final version of a certain platform.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CiTrus90

I'm not 100% sure what your trying To say lol but there was actually a series of pics taken about 5 of them. Whoever leaked the pics said it was a different aircraft in the article but some of us knew exactly what it was anyways lol

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

I may, or may not, have found said picture.

And looking back at it, i may, or may not, feel like an idiot, because had i checked before on certain programs dates and the date relative to the picture which i may, or may, not have seen, everything starts to make more sense. Even Lanni's patch, which at this point i believe is definitely the one correlated with the YF-24.

All in all, to be honest, it may, or may not, open a new whole can of worms, because it makes you wonder about some other things and leaves with more questions that it answered.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Hmm u2u me some specifics on it and I'll tell you if it's real or not. Or even link me

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

...aaand you have a message

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Sorry buddy, that's an F-22 being refueled. The pictures we have were close up pics of the aircraft in flight nothing like the pic you sent me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I just saw their commercial again. and at th e end something just under the cloud layer. WHAT A TEASE!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Where such article was published? I have heard only about one YF-24 photo that was on the net but it was delated after few minutes...

You found 5 pics of YF-24 in one article?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

I can't exactly publish a link, it's since been purged, the article was actually wrong about the aircraft anyway but the pictures were real, probably taken somewhere over the Nevada desert..

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It was funny as hell to see the pics with that article though.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UmbraSumus
a reply to: Zaphod58

Regarding the likely "tailless supersonic design", are we getting to a stage where outright, unmanned aircraft is less complex. Is the need to keep a fragile & fleshy bag of fluid, conscious and functional just too much of a hindrance in modern air warfare, when perhaps this role could be best performed at g1 in a comfortable trailer much like drone pilots or computers operating semi-autonomously.

Will the whole F-35 debacle affect funding for next-gen projects or will there be just lots of talk about managing budget over-runs with open cheque books ?

Please forgive my complete ignorance of the topic Zaphod58

Wait till they start outsourcing national defense LOL. I can just see it now, drones built in China, controlled by an outsourced office in China, for attacking China. The politicians are stupid enough to "make it happen."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Not sure why they are announcing this. There has been a little bit of movement on a growler and - 22 replacement in the pentagon but not enough to get any of the companies that are actually producing anything at the moment to budge. And I really mean a tiny bit. Casual conjecture.

Seems like there is something else going on.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

Oh there's a lot going on. But no one will say what on this one.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Exactly. Smoke and mirrors comes to mind. Everyone knows what's debuting this year, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Wait till they start outsourcing national defense LOL.
Cheers - Dave

They already have. Most of the semiconductors used in military electronics are fabbed a bomb's throw across the Formosa Strait from the PRC.

Not a huge long time ago in 1993, a fire at a single epoxy plant brought the semiconductor fab world to a near halt. If you were to light up Taiwan with one good bomb run, you'd pretty much stop the production of military electronic hardware.

Last time it happened, they had to stop consumer good production and allocate parts to DoD. You had to have a DoD number to buy much of anything. You might have thought they'd learn something, but no.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Right when I said it would.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I hear things are going particularly well for one team. It may come earlier than expected.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It's decided already.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That's what I got too. Also heard they might not wait until May to announce. Eager to get public funding for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join