It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman announces fighter bid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Some:

X-36

X-31 (in both configurations)

Advanced Tail-less Fighter Aircraft study by NASA

www.stormclimb.com... RF-24X.jpg&h=0&w=600&zc=1&q=100" target="_blank" class="postlink">The little brother of the rumored YF-24

These up here are all tail-less, in the sense that they lack both traditional elevators and a vertical stabiliser, but as Sammamishman pointed out, every flying wing design is a tail-less design, so planes like the B-2, RQ-170, X-47 etc. they are all tail-less.

IMHO this is the way to go: less drag, reduction in RCS and a reduction in weight. These are just three of the main advantages that pop up in my mind thinking about this kind of design.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here are a two images of what NASA worked on. The HIMAT.
I don treally know if these are realated to the New Project.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hmm a YF-24 looks like a f-14 but stealthier. Sweep wings would allow supercruise or supersonic and give it a variable RCS profile. also giving it two pratt and whitneys and the ability to carry redesigned pheonix missiles with enhanced manuverability and you might have a worthy replacement for the heavy fighter. Ive always wanted to actually see someone design multi warhead missiles. Imagine that in a BVR missile. one radar contact turns into 7 at one time. Juke? flare? or eject? lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CiTrus90

the x-36 looks allot like the f-22 and i totally forgot about them making the www.luft46.com...
as well as www.fantastic-plastic.com...

the original war of the worlds movie used www.nationalmuseum.af.mil...

thanks for the sunday morning reading/research

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Hmm a YF-24 looks like a f-14 but stealthier. Sweep wings would allow supercruise or supersonic and give it a variable RCS profile. also giving it two pratt and whitneys and the ability to carry redesigned pheonix missiles with enhanced manuverability and you might have a worthy replacement for the heavy fighter. Ive always wanted to actually see someone design multi warhead missiles. Imagine that in a BVR missile. one radar contact turns into 7 at one time. Juke? flare? or eject? lol.

Are you saying you've seen a yf24 before?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

If we won't hear from Yuppa ever again, then i think that would be a dead give away that he HAD seen the real deal

Hmm a YF-24 looks like a f-14 but stealthier. Sweep wings would allow supercruise or supersonic and give it a variable RCS profile. also giving it two pratt and whitneys and the ability to carry redesigned pheonix missiles with enhanced manuverability and you might have a worthy replacement for the heavy fighter.

Well. The YF-24 is/was/should be a single seater, light weight, single engined, fixed wing, fighter. That is, if the Boeing sheets show the real thing.

So, unless you're thinking about another YF-24, i don't really see the similarities with the F-14, which is a double seater, heavy weight, twin engined and with VG wings.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

There was a picture floating around a while back he could of seen, it didn't have swept wings. Someone 'anonymously' sent it to me, I won't post it here though.
edit on 26-1-2015 by B2StealthBomber because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: B2StealthBomber

If it's the one I'm thinking of there was a lot of "oh crap" going on.

Doesn't look much like an F-14 though.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Here are a two images of what NASA worked on. The HIMAT.
I don treally know if these are realated to the New Project.

They look like Cap'n Scarletts Angel Interceptors!!! A bit............
duckduckgo.com...

edit on 26-1-2015 by Fermy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah maybe he caught onto the banter going on at the time about certain things being swept and thought it was the wings lol

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah maybe he caught onto the banter going on at the time about certain things being swept and thought it was the wings lol

nope. it was posted here on ATS actually. google search for yf-24. click on images. then look foe a picture looking like a f-14.

Here. Luke S. posted a picture of one of the designs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

edit on 15uppam by yuppa because: needed explaining

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

There was a picture floating around a while back he could of seen, it didn't have swept wings. Someone 'anonymously' sent it to me

Pfffft, pics or it didn't happ...

I won't post it here though.

D'oh!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CiTrus90

There was a picture floating around a while back he could of seen, it didn't have swept wings. Someone 'anonymously' sent it to me

Pfffft, pics or it didn't happ...

I won't post it here though.

D'oh!

Zaphod58 had a link to the YF24 somehwere. But it never looked like an f-14. It was a single engine light attack Aircraft.

Image:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

recheck my post above. i edited the link in

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

a reply to: spy66

recheck my post above. i edited the link in

I see, that aricraft does look like a biffed up F-14.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah sorry that doesn't look anything like the actual aircraft.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Thats the Macross Missile Massacre:

tvtropes.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
actually i think i saw something similar to this on Ft Hood a couple of decades ago at a j something or the other display for vips and congress critters. An Apache fired a single rocket that went out some distance and popped a little while later at a further distance a cluster of pops followed by what was described to me as a cone of aircraft shredding flechettes from each separated and murdalized anything unfortunate enough to be in the huge area of effect.

i am not certain but i think it was called a hydra rocket because of the multiple munitions in it; like the multiple heads of a hydra.
edit on 26-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I thought the YF-24 was a concept plane that lost to the F-22? I'm all confused now...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You mean no one has caught on to the bigger picture yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join