It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop slaps man for requesting a search warrant to search car

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

And to shoot it home, the same for his criminal partner.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Shocked.

Things like that are usually never so brazen. After all the cop cam captures in recent years you'd not only have to be an irritable power trip, mean, mean person - but also an idiot to do anything like this with a badge on!!!

Glad its on tape, glad he got suspended, shamed for humans he has a badge at all. If he wants to go OTT and slap people around, how about AT THE VERY LEAST do it to dangerous, psychotic murders and rapists - not saying that makes it acceptable, but at least they might leap on him and deliver back some sweet street justice on top of his suspension.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Every single case where that cop got an arrest for searching property without a warrant should now be examined to see if evidence was obtained unlawfully.

Exactly why they're probably going to do everything they can to sweep this under the rug and resolve it quickly.

Idk why the guy hasn't pressed charges, he should. But, he's probably scared to death. The cop is obviously not right in the head and, if what his wife says is true, he shouldn't be working the streets if he's so "stressed out."

His fat azz should be parked behind a desk somewhere. Better yet, parked on his couch because he's lost his job!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I love how the wifey says "You don't understand...he's under a lot of stress. He shouldn't be punished".

His wife, Carrie, who is a medical provider, said her husband has been under a lot of emotional and physical stress and that she's concerned how the video and any fallout may portray their family in the community.

"What my husband did and how he reacted wasn't the correct way to do it, but there were circumstances that came about beforehand," she said. "He's had a very hard year."

Really?

What circumstances were those, dear? I don't care what sort of year he's had. Or what stress he's been under. I don't care. I don't care if he didn't get a raise, or he failed his detective test again. I don't care. I don't care if the kid's acting up. I don't care if he's got flat feet, or jock itch. I don't care if he's being audited. I just don't care at all. The public shouldn't be subject to his whims, or how he's feeling, or if he had pancakes that morning, or if you two had a fight.

Your husband is a criminal. He's a betrayer of the public's trust. Worse, it's obvious he doesn't "get it". He actually says that's what he will do in any similar situation, unless you're recording him. He thinks he's entitled to act this way. And that says it's likely he does this all the time. And his partner didn't so much as flinch - so this was business as usual. By the way, his buddy's a criminal as well, for failing his duty to intervene.

It's cute that you see this and your only regret is how the community will view your family. Not a care about what hubby's been up to at work. What he's been doing to the community behind that badge. Did you care when hubby killed that guy he ran into? The one where your hubby was ruled at fault, but got off scot free while the taxpayers coughed up $6 million? Was he having a bad day then, too? Did you say "Shawn, how many other people have you "tuned up" on the road side?" Or is he beating you and the kids, too?

I'd say it's a great thing if the community gets a good look at your husband. If you tolerate that behavior, or turn a blind eye to it, I'd say you were an enabler, as well. This is who you really are, you and your husband both. And your neighbors deserve to know that, just in case they were willing to have you in their homes for some reason, under the pretense you were anything other than criminals.

^^ This!! Just pl forain Truth.

If he was in that unstable of a mental state, why wasn't he out on disability, or at least riding a desk?

And there needs to be a push for drastically increased penalties for LEO attacks on citizens.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I am just glad we have some real profession people out there as public servants, makes me feel all warm and safe ya know?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Wanted to add, we should be just as pissed about the slap and violently language as the cop refusing to get a search warrant. That's some bull crap by itself.

While we better watch what we say and Yes Sir!No Sir! the almighty big guy!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It's not going to get swept under the rug. Sheriff Zurlo and the DA are both taking a hard look at options and a page back I linked an article from this morning( I live where this all went down) and the sheriff had the kid come down and press charges for harassment against Sgt. Glans. It's a huge tourist trap in the summer and they can't afford the negative publicity. He's been with the dept. For 27 years and has been a growing problem for awhile. Zurlo isn't likely
To let him run wild like his predecessor did when they paid out 6 Million after Glans was doing 3x the speed limit and lost control of his patrol car hitting another driver head on, paralyzing him, leaving him blind and suffering severe brain damage. As far as I know, the gentleman has passed away from complications from his injuries. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong but the impression I'm getting is that an example will be made of Sgt. Glans. If the kid is smart he will file a civil rights violation lawsuit and there's already a prominent attorney in the area courting him.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

It's not going to get swept under the rug. Sheriff Zurlo and the DA are both taking a hard look at options and a page back I linked an article from this morning( I live where this all went down) and the sheriff had the kid come down and press charges for harassment against Sgt. Glans. It's a huge tourist trap in the summer and they can't afford the negative publicity. He's been with the dept. For 27 years and has been a growing problem for awhile. Zurlo isn't likely
To let him run wild like his predecessor did when they paid out 6 Million after Glans was doing 3x the speed limit and lost control of his patrol car hitting another driver head on, paralyzing him, leaving him blind and suffering severe brain damage. As far as I know, the gentleman has passed away from complications from his injuries. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong but the impression I'm getting is that an example will be made of Sgt. Glans. If the kid is smart he will file a civil rights violation lawsuit and there's already a prominent attorney in the area courting him.

Glad to hear it. I hope they look into other arrests he's made and if any other people have been assaulted, they should report it as well!

But, why only HARASSMENT charges? He ASSAULTED him, not harassed.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What a complete and utter prick.
He violated so many laws in that clip.... WOW.

Power trip & Psycho = Scary

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is just crazy. Were there other officers present? If so they should be up on charges as well. If a cop sees any other citizen hit somebody stuff's going to go down, but another cop and they just look the other way? I don't care if he's my boss, I've told my bosses before they were doing things wrong. Maybe I've just got more moral fiber than your standard LEO, but wrong is wrong, and abusing somebody is about as low as you can go. Especially when you're armed and apparently willing to intimidate whoever gets in your way.

And I agree with others, screw harassment, I would go full assault charges. There's at least 2 witnesses plus video, it can't be that hard of a case to prove as long as the victim presses charges. At the same time, don't cops get "qualified immunity" which I think means they can't be charged with crimes while in the line of duty? I think that crap needs to be put to an end. Breaking the law is breaking the law, whether you have a badge or not. And these damn DA's need to quit cow-toeing and actually do something about these out of control cops. The DA can choose whether or not to charge any other citizen with a crime without witness testimony, but they refuse to use that power for the LEO's.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I wish we could stone this officer.... And I'm sure this wasn't just some bad day, he's likely a dick like this always. Just this time he was caught...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Apparently no visible sign of injury and the slap was not in the camera frame so harrasment is all that can be applied...I still can't get over this goofs name..he is a dickhead for sure.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Good... I hope this future ex-cops life is made a living hell.. When you treat others this way, you deserve all the sh*t that's coming your way..

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor
What is rarely thought of is how this set of attitudes permeates much of the culture surrounding weapons.
The USA assaults foreigners with impunity. We have better 'guns'.
The FBI kills citizens because they aren't co-operating.
The NSA, CIA and other alphabet agencies kidnap, torture and kill because they 'suspect' something.
Corpserations (sic), political parties, local land management agencies, EVERYONE IS AFFLICTED WITH WEAKNESS.
Name an authority, which after a period of time following it's inception, does not abuse AND ATTEMPT TO EXPAND their established 'grants'.

It isn't that they are inherently evil as a group but POWER is ADDICTIVE and USEFUL to the parties who have it.

It is in our formulation as thinkers who want to survive.

The only cure is that authority needs to be curtailed by being destroyed on a recurrent basis. It can be done smoothly by sunset laws or violently by revolution but in every other situation, IT WILL NOT GET BETTER.

Every organism, society or construct seeks to expand and therefore survive. If expansion is not done than shrinkage is inevitable. A steady state is vastly more complex to maintain and is fought against by the 'units' so constrained.

You may correct my thinking as yo will.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Damn Domo that is absolutely infuriating! I concur I am glad he was at the very least suspended without pay, although his dialogue is pretty scary considering he is threatening to beat people for no reason and "rip their head off and crap down their neck". I am not so sure that he doesn't deserve much more dire consequence.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The wife is a more of the same, I won't get any more insulting than that.. I hope they get run out of town. Where are the good cops in this story..standing around looking at their feet I suppose.

I taught all 5 of my kids that there are no "good cops".
It's safer for them to assume that cops are a protected class of criminals rather than a force for good. Their prime directive is to generate revenue for an oppressive state. They are very good at that and unless there is overwhelming proof in the way of video that they have abused their authority they will almost always get away with it.

My kids saw this firsthand on Chistmas night at 11:pm in NorthPort Fl. when a worthless POS cop pulled me over for no reason and proceeded to accuse me of a homicide in Miami and tell me that there was a warrant for my arrest. I calmly said, "You and I both know that this is BS". He ordered me out of my van and out of view of my family...I thought for sure he was going to make us some lie that I was resisting and shoot me. He terrorized my wife and kids with stupid accusations.
I told him enough was enough and demanded that he get a supervisor. He then demanded I give him my social security number and told that that I was free to go. I reported this the next day but of course nothing happened.
My kids saw for themselves that cops will not hesitate to lie and threaten innocent people.

I hope the cop in the OPS report gets charged with assault and loses his job, but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Another day another cop violating the rights of another, and the whole you wanna resist?

Wheres the criminal charges? Suspended with no pay big F'ing woop, give him a record of his horrible behavior and ruin his life like he ruined others, POS.

The police should not be allowed to investigate themselves. As long as they are allowed to do so there will be abusive cops who get a pass on their criminal behavior or a slap on the wrist if there is any video evidence of their wrongdoing.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

Tend to agree. Then again I'm not sure who would be qualified to step up to the plate and I imagine after a bit they too would become

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That slap was a taunt. He was trying to get the kid to defend himself, which would have then been considered to be an assault on the officer and resisting arrest.

This officer needs to be arrested. That is an attempt at entrapment, in addition to assault.

His actions were totally unprofessional and illegal.

I agree with others that the other officer(s ?) who stood by and did nothing are also culpable.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well sorta good news, he just resigned.

Glans of the Saratoga County sheriff's department was charged Monday with official misconduct and harassment. The misconduct charge, a misdemeanor, is a the more serious offense and carries a maximum sentence of one year in prison. A judge forbid him from having contact with the alleged victim.

Sheriff Michael Zurlo says Glans resigned just hours before the planned start of a disciplinary hearing.

Looks like the other deputy that was with him is in some poo too.

Zurlo said a deputy who was with Glans at the time of the incident Friday is the subject of an internal investigation. The sheriff declined to reveal his name.

I didn't know the following. Doesn't change my opinion on this incident but it's mildly interesting.

The men, who have not been indentified, were wearing dark clothing and a .22 caliber rifle was in the vehicle. But it appeared there was no just cause to do the search.

Link

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join