It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop slaps man for requesting a search warrant to search car

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This gut is an asshat. The young man was being completely reasonable, not at all combative and this cop goes on an ego trip. Glad to see he's been suspended without pay.

Really disgusting behavior.

Saratoga County Deputy Shawn Glans was oblivious that he was being filmed when he tried to search a man’s car without a warrant – and was caught slapping and threatening the man on camera. Fortunately a friend of victim, who was present during the encounter, uploaded the evidence to Facebook on Friday. It wasn’t long before the video went viral and the officer was punished.

According to Chief Richard L. Castle, Glans was suspended without pay when officials found out about the footage. Castle said in a statement:

“At this time this is an internal personnel investigation as there is no criminal complaint from the involved civilian.”

Link to story

I would highly encourage anyone that experiences a similar situation to press charges. Leave a paper trail and help protect someone down the line.

Someone who acts like this in a calm situation is going to act a lot worse if there is any actual resistance.
edit on 0920141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

LOL, just realized I type "this gut" instead of "this guy". It stays.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Chief Wiggum appears to have lost a few pounds. This guy needs a 4x2 around the earhole.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Once again filming of an event is the only recourse unless the two guys ripped the cops head off.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Every time something like this is caught on camera, it should be on the national news of every network. Maybe not the major story, but a 1 minute commentary. Just to show the public that you can't trust 99% of these maniacs and that the other 1% is looking the other way when it happens.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
His last name seems pretty appropriate. Look up the word "glans" if you don't know.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It is funny how much differently people will act when they're being filmed.

I read a study once where just the thought that someone might be watching was a rather significant deterrent. I want to say they did something like paint an eye over something and see if fewer people would steal.

We record 911 tapes now, why not get with the times and start recording interactions with the public?

Wanted to add, we should be just as pissed about the slap and violently language as the cop refusing to get a search warrant. That's some bull crap by itself.

The whole tape just sort of highlights what not to do. Perhaps they can use it in training videos.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: homeskillet

Seriously!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Wow.... Talk about abuse of power!
This cop better get fired IMO

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Fired is NOT good enough.

In jail for assault AND Battery would be a nice touch but I doubt Mr. PIG will get anything once the "internal investigation" is complete. Probably will even get back pay too.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Hahaha how mortified is this cop when he sees this tho that feeling he cannot escape luckily the kid only got a slap tho but thats besides the point , did you see him LOL you wana resist huh? Hahaa what an idiot...

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cop slaps citizen for no reason...Holiday.

Citizen slaps cop for no reason...Shot.

Seems about right these Days.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Fired is NOT good enough.

In jail for assault AND Battery would be a nice touch but I doubt Mr. PIG will get anything once the "internal investigation" is complete. Probably will even get back pay too.

While I may not be as brash; I absolutely believe he should be charged with or without the civilians criminal complaint. I think an "obstruction of justice" charge should also be served for the officer interfering with his own investigation.

This is the kind of thing we should be out protesting. Not because the act is so heinous but because of state that our criminal justice system must be in to allow these types of incidents to occur regularly and without scrutiny.

The people in this country are growing weary of the aggressive, self-serving and arrogant attitude of law enforcement in general. How militant do they have to become before it's seen as a show of force by the American people?

I've seen the change. People who used to adore law enforcement becoming staunch advocates against police abuse. I saw this personally with my mom and her mom. Older people who recognize the difference of Leo today compared to the days of old.

Unfortunately they're not done yet. However, neither are the American people.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This kinda crap happens every day multiple times a day. The cops have become thugs that violate your rights and resort to violence on a whim. The cops that were there and did nothing are complicit and deserve to be thrown out just as much as that arse.

We do not need thugs with guns and badges on the streets.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And what of the other officers on scene? Their heads better role too. They let a citizen that they are sworn to protect get assaulted without acting or reporting it. Not to mention they executed an illegal search. I don't know why the focus is only on loser number one.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Well those are the good apples, duh.
The ones just following orders, " Well sarge told me to search the car so I did"

What's even scarier is the fact that this guy was a Sgt. with many service stripes, wonder how long he has been acting this way.
And if he is the man in charge, or at least one of them, how do you think the rest of the department acts.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Cop slaps citizen for no reason...Holiday.

Citizen slaps cop for no reason...Shot.

Seems about right these Days.

Peace

It's called the Dork Equation, the opposite of the Drake Equation, which deals with intelligent life..that is survivable.

edit on 9-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If he really slapped him that hard I would of immediately filmed the side of his cheek to catch the result. But then again, any sudden movements...

Seriously, the law is so messed up. You have the right to refuse under the circumstances but protecting your rights only draws more suspicion and usually lands you in bigger trouble.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I love how the wifey says "You don't understand...he's under a lot of stress. He shouldn't be punished".

His wife, Carrie, who is a medical provider, said her husband has been under a lot of emotional and physical stress and that she's concerned how the video and any fallout may portray their family in the community.

"What my husband did and how he reacted wasn't the correct way to do it, but there were circumstances that came about beforehand," she said. "He's had a very hard year."

Really?

What circumstances were those, dear? I don't care what sort of year he's had. Or what stress he's been under. I don't care. I don't care if he didn't get a raise, or he failed his detective test again. I don't care. I don't care if the kid's acting up. I don't care if he's got flat feet, or jock itch. I don't care if he's being audited. I just don't care at all. The public shouldn't be subject to his whims, or how he's feeling, or if he had pancakes that morning, or if you two had a fight.

Your husband is a criminal. He's a betrayer of the public's trust. Worse, it's obvious he doesn't "get it". He actually says that's what he will do in any similar situation, unless you're recording him. He thinks he's entitled to act this way. And that says it's likely he does this all the time. And his partner didn't so much as flinch - so this was business as usual. By the way, his buddy's a criminal as well, for failing his duty to intervene.

It's cute that you see this and your only regret is how the community will view your family. Not a care about what hubby's been up to at work. What he's been doing to the community behind that badge. Did you care when hubby killed that guy he ran into? The one where your hubby was ruled at fault, but got off scot free while the taxpayers coughed up $6 million? Was he having a bad day then, too? Did you say "Shawn, how many other people have you "tuned up" on the road side?" Or is he beating you and the kids, too?

I'd say it's a great thing if the community gets a good look at your husband. If you tolerate that behavior, or turn a blind eye to it, I'd say you were an enabler, as well. This is who you really are, you and your husband both. And your neighbors deserve to know that, just in case they were willing to have you in their homes for some reason, under the pretense you were anything other than criminals.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I agree, this cop should lose his job pronto! Clearly abusing his authority and going against this guys constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure. This cop is a major A-hole and needs to be charged with an assault. Why bother with an investigation when the video is all you need! The public's only protection against police brutality and illegal searches is cell phone video recording.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
what a power tripping thug....what a dead set prick...and he was acting all macho and saying "you wanna resist " as he slaps him......these cops need to be put on a leash

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join