It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats threatening Democrats into going to the polls

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
nypost.com...

Article entitled: Vote or we'll kick your ass

Democrats are telling voters that they had better head to the polls — or else. The New York State Democratic Committee is bullying people into voting next week with intimidating letters warning that it can easily find out which slackers fail to cast a ballot next Tuesday. “Who you vote for is your secret. But whether or not you vote is public record,” the letter says. “We will be reviewing voting records . . . to determine whether you joined your neighbors who voted in 2014.” It ends with a line better suited to a mob movie than a major political party: “If you do not vote this year, we will be interested to hear why not.”

So now Democrats are keeping track of which Democrats vote and grading them, and intimidating them?

Sounds like people I want to support

edit on 2Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:59:13 -0500pm103110pmk315 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
" Democrats threatening Democrats into going to the polls "

Sounds like animals in a cage killing for survival.

Maybe they believe in the 100th monkey theory?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A double post.

Kind of like a Chicago "vote".

edit on 31-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Can't say as I'm surprised, really.

I expect more heated rhetoric closer to election day myself.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
" Democrats threatening Democrats into going to the polls "

Sounds like animals in a cage killing for survival.

Maybe they believe in the 100th monkey theory?

Sad day when they pull the tactics they normally save for the opposition on their own.

True Colors

Now we see how they treat their own, will their own see it too?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
apparently beezers' little paw is like the size of a dinner plate...dbl post again lol

Aight look, we know who you are you little # either you come vote or we gonna beat
the living snot outta you, out back by the shed, you feel me?

I'm not voting until legalizing weed is on the ballot, California 2016

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Can you imagine the outcry if the (R)'s spoke like this?

The outrage would flood the streets like Sandy.

It's OK for them to say it though, as long as we stay a "progressive" state, so sayeth the great and powerful lords and masters of all things in the universe, NY democrats.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This makes sense. Threaten the voters you want to come out and vote for you...

That would make my vote Republican.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wait... what are people being "threatened" with?

If you take JUST the quotes from the letter, it's not "threatening" at all. It seems the New York State Democratic Committee wants to find out why people aren't voting... maybe in an effort to make voting worth their while...

“Who you vote for is your secret. But whether or not you vote is public record,” the letter says.

“We will be reviewing voting records . . . to determine whether you joined your neighbors who voted in 2014.”

“If you do not vote this year, we will be interested to hear why not.”

I wonder why they didn't include the entire letter... Here it is:

Letter

If you sign up with an organization like a political party, the information is not private.

Again, what's the threat?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's a threatening "reminder".

Someone will be knocking on doors.

They know where people live.

They know who they are.

They're setting up a blame base.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
On a somewhat related note, the Stock Market has been moving up as we get closer to election day. Investors are salivating over the prospects of having a Republican-controlled House and Senate. Dow and S&P closed at ALL TIME highs today.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

And where is that in the letter?

You can't just make things up.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There are ways to be threatening without actually, being threatening.

Just a wink, nod, and a friendly checkup later for the peasants.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

And where is that in the letter?

You can't just make things up.

Its ok, Republican makes things up. So just let them enjoy their outdated dogma a little longer.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yeah, a thinly veiled intimidation letter. I wonder if they will do a post-election "survey" using swat teams.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So the only threat here is the speculating on what will happen if people don't vote...

What if they just call people and ask them?
Or what if they just send out another letter?
Why does it have to be swat teams, seems like the least logical outcome.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

please don't play dumb, it may not come right out and say something, but imtimadation can and is applied.
it's none of their business if you vote or why you didn't.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Then why do people sign up with political parties and GIVE them the information? People freely give their information and then get upset when someone knows about it??? That's crazy!

I agree, it's nobody's business if I vote or not. And no political party will know if I voted or not.

It's like posting naked pictures on the internet and then being appalled that someone sees them...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

“This flier is part of the nationwide Democratic response to traditional Republican voter-suppression efforts, because Democrats believe our democracy works better when more people vote, not

I read the whole article(while trying to avoid its other anti-democratic articles, lol biased source).

It didn't say they threatened democrats, they told that to everyone. In most countries they do encourage people to go out and vote, i mean, its the reason for election.

Come on OP, be a little stealthy in your anti-democratic stance. Its like you are not even trying!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

please don't play dumb, it may not come right out and say something, but imtimadation can and is applied.

If whether or not you vote is public record, then it isn't against any law to look at who voted. I didn't see anything in the letter threatening something if they didn't vote. So, what can they really do? All they can do is call (which you can ignore) or send some kind of survey to you to find out your feelings on not voting (which you also can ignore).

I get emails every single day from the Democratic party trying to get me to donate money. I don't feel threatened in any way. I just ignore them when I don't want to donate. If it gets bad enough, I can always request my name be taken off the list. Certainly no reason to be shakin' in my shoes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join