It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats threatening Democrats into going to the polls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Then why do people sign up with political parties and GIVE them the information? People freely give their information and then get upset when someone knows about it??? That's craz

it's not that people are upset over the info, it's the, “We will be reviewing voting records . . . to determine whether you joined your neighbors who voted in 2014.”

like it's a big deal, you know like we will be reviewing your record. that is what is threat. a lot people see review and feel they are under scrutiny, and have to do / behave a certain way or they are doing something wrong, i know you know what i'm trying to say.

edit on 31-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You would think they would be more concerned with the 80 Million NON VOTERS than any of the 65,000,000 they already have sewn up?

They must smell that their party isnt doing 'well' in order to be pulling this type of stunt. They should be caring about the 80 million that could easily rise up and vote their measly 65 million out the door anytime that we pleased.

en.wikipedia.org...

Can you believe that, by the way? We elected a President with less people than those that stayed home.

If the 'election game' was fair, we should be seeing a vote of NO CONFIDENCE, since the silent majority of the people didnt want to play in the first place.

210 Million Registered Voters

66 Million for Obama in 2012
61 Million for Romney in 2012

83 Million that never even left their home to vote

Which number is greater? And then tell me how we ended up with the 'majority' decision being Obama. My math says the majority dont have enough confidence in the system to go out and vote for these clowns.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
like it's a big deal, you know like we will be reviewing your record. that is what is threat.

Reviewing records that YOU gave to them is a threat??? That's like sending a letter to my sister and she calls me and tells me she's "threatening" to read it. It's not a threat.

a lot people see review and feel they are under scrutiny, and have to do / behave a certain way or they are doing something wrong, i know you know what i'm trying to say.

I know what you're saying and I'm not playing dumb. I just disagree. Nothing is a threat.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47
You would think they would be more concerned with the 80 Million NON VOTERS than any of the 65,000,000 they already have sewn up?

These letters are going to people who are registered to vote, not necessarily those who vote. So some of them ARE non-voters. Sounds to me like the Democratic Party wants to find out why people aren't voting... I actually support that.

Can you believe that, by the way? We elected a President with less people than those that stayed home.

I think that's the whole point of the letter: If you're eligible, why aren't you voting?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh no. They might send you a survey asking why you didn't vote. How frightening. Those jackbooted Democrat thugs.....

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cuomo is trash though. If only Zephyr Teachout had won.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Democrats will eat their own young if it helps them retain power.,. Republicans too.

Look at the most corrupt ones that got caught taking bribes or selling a senate seat, they deny, deny, deny, until the tapes are played on CNN then they go sobbing to prison blaming it all on someone else.

Why?

Where else can you get a job that guarantees you walk away a millionaire, or even a billionaire like Diane Feinstein? Plus have the power to tell everyone else not to do something, but continue doing it themselves.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: phishfriar47

I can since we got shown just how much the popular vote really matters in the 2000 election.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So what's the threat? I'm sure it will pale by comparison to the threat of having another Republican voted in.
edit on 2014-10-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if right-wingers even read.
Reading comprehension can't possibly be this bad and so widespread.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Your whole response is the problem. Both sides suck, equally. If you dont think they work together, then explain to me how we keep 'voting' in presidents when we consistently have more people that stay at home. Wouldnt that number be the majority's choice? Shouldnt our results be a vote of no confidence since no side takes away HALF of the votes (they would need approx. 105 million votes to even pull that off).

No, both sides are dumb, and so are all the people that vote and dont realize that you are enabling the machine when you think its OK for a politician to 'win' against the feelings of the majority

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The majority speaks EVERY election cycle when we cant find a politician that excites 'we the people' enough to garner the attention of at least half of our registered voters. Not even half of our population, but half of the ones who took the time at some point in their lives to REGISTER.

See the scam for what it is people, and please stop telling us that voting matters. We vote every cycle with our 'none of the above' choices.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: xuenchen
Someone will be knocking on doors.

And where is that in the letter?

You can't just make things up.

When you put lipstick on a pig, you really use the entire stick don't you..

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

You would rather make things up? There's NO threat in that letter. They're hoping to get people to vote and to find out why they don't. Put a little pressure on them. That's what ALL the "get out the vote" and "Rock the Vote" ads do.

threat

a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done:

What pain, injury or damage is the Democratic Party threatening to inflict???

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: phishfriar47

No. My response isn't the problem. Rejecting facts to conform to bias is the problem. In what way does that support an ideology? In what way does that support anything good? It only makes the people doing it look like fools and thus everything that comes out their mouths after tends to be worthless and ignored. There's plenty of legitimate gripes with democratic party, politicians and voters without having to take anything out of context and warp it into something entirely fictional. Truth and integrity matter above all else and until we the people embrace that... you're correct, nothing will change... so I will continue to speak to exactly that.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh dear...

Nothing threatening here either.
edit on 10/31/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Oh dear...

Oh NO !!!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

They didn't specify any damage, they only implied it by their statements to those the message was sent to. If they don't vote, there could be consequences.

Anyone can see the implied threat in that message. I guess if you don't want to see it, then you don't have to. If I see the word "blue" I can always pretend it really said "green" I suppose reality is a choice you make when you see something. Thanks for clarifying what yours is.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

They are not reviewing records that "you" gave them.

They are looking up the public records on everyone, sorting out the Democrats

Then checking to see which elections they did or didn't vote in

Then informing them that their information was looked up and that they would "know" if they failed to show up this time.

I consider this quite intimidating and not at all using information given to the Democratic Party.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
it's none of their business if you vote or why you didn't.

Then why do people sign up with political parties and GIVE them the information? People freely give their information and then get upset when someone knows about it??? That's crazy!

I agree, it's nobody's business if I vote or not. And no political party will know if I voted or not.

It's like posting naked pictures on the internet and then being appalled that someone sees them...

Seems to me, if you voted and its matter of public record then why tell the public you are watching? They could have found out without the letter of notification. That in itself is itimidation. You and your vote are being watched.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join