It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats threatening Democrats into going to the polls

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If the desired results are not obtained, they will move to cancel elections altogether.

They are a jealous lot.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: phishfriar47

No. My response isn't the problem. Rejecting facts to conform to bias is the problem. In what way does that support an ideology? In what way does that support anything good? It only makes the people doing it look like fools and thus everything that comes out their mouths after tends to be worthless and ignored. There's plenty of legitimate gripes with democratic party, politicians and voters without having to take anything out of context and warp it into something entirely fictional. Truth and integrity matter above all else and until we the people embrace that... you're correct, nothing will change... so I will continue to speak to exactly that.

What did I write that was fictional? Please point it out to me as I would love to know. I simply pulled legitimate numbers that are easily accessible.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No. My response isn't the problem. Rejecting facts to conform to bias is the problem. In what way does that support an ideology? In what way does that support anything good? It only makes the people doing it look like fools and thus everything that comes out their mouths after tends to be worthless and ignored. There's plenty of legitimate gripes with democratic party, politicians and voters without having to take anything out of context and warp it into something entirely fictional. Truth and integrity matter above all else and until we the people embrace that... you're correct, nothing will change... so I will continue to speak to exactly that.

I will continue to show people that the whole jig is a scam. How can we be a representative based government when more people dont participate in the system? That should show that the 'faith' in the system is lacking and therefore invalid. None of that is false or fictional, the numbers dont lie, and I didnt report them, I just used what was widely available.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think that's the whole point of the letter: If you're eligible, why aren't you voting?

Why aren't they voting ( Both parties ) they are IMO lazy. But I am more inclined
to suggest they understand voter fraud is ramped and they may simply be tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. A very common refrain from people who do take the time to vote.

Threat ? I tend to agree with you, however all they have to do is somehow convince them that they’ve done wrong or behaved in a manner they should feel ashamed of. If they really wanted to get out the vote it should of been written solely in Spanish.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I didn't say you said anything fictional, I was referring to the piece of 'journalism' in the OP and the reactions to it.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I wish this had happened sooner so I could register as a Dem and vote straight Rep.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So no one cares the GOP is doing it too, only that the Democrats are? My point is proven... lol

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

“If you do not vote this year, we will be interested to hear why not.”

If they tried that with me their interest would last until their death, as why not is not something I have an obligation to disclose.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Kali74

Let's try again, Kali ...

GOP To Iowans: Your Neighbors Will Know If You Don’t Vote Republicans

Oh NO !!!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
a reply to: Gryphon66

first
this is the editor in chief for the electronic fish wraper you posted, he is also the author of the story.

Judd Legum is Editor-in-Chief of ThinkProgress. Previously, Judd was the Research Director for the Hillary Clinton for President campaign.

wouldn't think him to be biased much.

second

Nothing threatening here either.

from the GOP ad.

In a few months Iowa will release the list of individuals who voted in this election. [color=Red]Ensure your name is included when the public rolls are released by being a voter TODAY.

notice that in this there is nothing that would be considered a threat, frowned on by any one, or any thing that could be seen in a derogatory manner. all that it says," Ensure" which in this case could be seen as a motivational use, of the word.

now as far as the picture, well that maybe could be considered questionable with the GOP check marks, the dont let this be you, is a shame factor, not a threat.

from the The New York State Democratic Committee letter.

"Many organizations monitor turnout in your neighborhood and are disappointed by the inconsistent voting of many of your neighbors

monitor used here gives some people the sense of being watched, and disappointedused here gives some people the sense that they have done something wrong in the eyes of a authoritative figure.

and this.

We will be reviewing the … official voting records after the upcoming election to determine whether you joined your neighbors who voted in 2014. If you do not vote this year, we will be interested to hear why not."

what can i say about this, first this is a letter sent directly to a registered voter, this points directly to the person that received the letter, and implies that they are looking for them specificity, by reviewing your records and seeing if you've done something they frown upon, by not voting for a democrat.

the two are nothing a like and the GOP ad can be seen a shaming ad, directed at the public in general, and the Democratic Committee letter to a individual.

edit on 31-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Of course it's not the same thing cause the wording is slightly different...

Them saying you better ensure your name is on the list kinda gives me the "you don't want to know what will happen if your name is not on there"
Threat applied

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

so you take something that is directed to a large group as they are targeting you above all others in a ad, more of a threat than a letter sent to your home in the mail. i can see why you got such high scores.

edit on 1-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So now we are getting into direct and indirect threat?

The message is the same, get out and vote and if you don't we will know.
Why is one a threat and the other one not?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

the GOP one is a ad placed on face book, the New York State Democratic Committee letter, was sent to people homes taken from the registered voters record, yea it's direct vs indirect. big difference.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Of course it's different.

It could have been the same letter sent by the same guy and it would still be different.

Because one is directed at Republicans and the other at Democrats.

As usual, the wingnuts take something completely straightforward like a letter encouraging people to go vote, and, because it involves democrats, now it's a horsehead in the bed.

And we're doing the equivalent of defining what "is" is.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Now this is a major fail..

Same letter, yet differently worded.

Democrat letter = EVIL

Republican letter = just trying to get people to vote.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I swear there are times I read a thread on ATS where I am convinced the members suffer from political retardation. I am so dissapointed on how easily so many can be rallied by those who are known manipulators and suspect posters.

Good job at being tuned up and played so easily.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hehe it's very hard to resist the pull

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with how parties get information to send out letters like this but lets assume they just got a general mailing list of registered voters and sent out a mass mailing, since nowhere have I seen evidence that it was only sent to democrats.

Why is sending a letter that while yes could have been worded better, being blown out of proportion? What I see here is a party simply trying to figure out why people don't vote.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join