It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola cases jump 30% in 4 days says WHO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

No worries. I think it's interesting that the cases went up so much that fast. Even if it is a better count or whatever. Could be another example of us being given information bit by bit to avoid panic and keep people spending and voting. Or it could be to make the fatality rate seem lower for the same reason.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
To all concerned: If you want to know the real figures and predictions of Ebola cases and deaths, go to UK and EU news sources.
You will never hear the whole truth from US news sources. They have never told the truth....Ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: intrptr

Any time Obama says anything about Ebola, it is easy to miss things.

Lots of things.

That speech was so refined I thought he cured it right there from the podium. The official look presented by the white coats flanking him on both sides… priceless.

The darkside of Hollywood indeed !!

But the strings are always invisible.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

*Case counts updated in conjunction with the World Health Organization updates and are based on information reported by the Ministries of Health.

As of October 27, 2014
(Updated October 29, 2014)

Total Cases: 13703*

Laboratory-Confirmed Cases: 7637

Total Deaths: 4922

*The increase in the total cases compared with the total released on October 25, 2014, results from a more comprehensive assessment of patient databases. The additional 3792 cases have occurred throughout the epidemic period.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Did you even read the article you linked, or did you just do a Google search with the words Ebola decline?

From your source, emphasis mine:

The rate of new Ebola infections in Liberia appears to be declining and could represent a genuine trend, the World Health Organization said Wednesday, but the epidemic is far from over.

The disease is still raging in parts of Sierra Leone and there is still a risk that the decline in Liberia won't be sustained, Dr. Bruce Aylward, an assistant director-general for WHO, warned reporters.

Several times during the outbreak officials have thought the disease's spread was slowing, only to surge again later.

That hardly sounds like Ebola is dead.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've read numbers for the Spanish Flu estimating anywhere between 10-20 million, to 50-100 million dead globally. It killed far more people than the First World War did, in other words.

It's like a forest fire, the first few trees burning you can count, then you start backing away, finally it gets the people counting the trees.

This is the most dangerous thing to happen to the globe since nuclear proliferation (and idiots for rulers), and we still have the latter, in spades.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

This is the most dangerous thing to happen to the globe since nuclear proliferation (and idiots for rulers), and we still have the latter, in spades.
No.
You may first want to compare the infection rates of flu and ebola. It is far easier to be infected by the flu than by ebola. Because it is far easier to be infected, the flu infects more people faster.

You may then want to compare the death rates between ebola in a region with a low level of health care (like west Africa, 70%) and a region with a high level of health care (like the US and Europe, 8%).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, question for you.
Is it a possibility that a large number of infected people traveling into the US for access to our 8% mortality rate could overwhelm our medical systems? The only thing I would think keeping us from the same fate is our medical facilities.

Possibly infected people have repeatedly broken quarantine, with a large number of possible/ confirmed infected, a large number of refusals to quarantine could spread the infection couldnt it?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmethystWolf
I think that article says the number of cases went up over 13k. The deaths are still listed at 49xx, which I find strange. This would seem to mean the death percentage is lower.

Not necessarily.

The death rate must be calculated by the number of people who have either been infected and died or infected and cured.

Infected but not dead or cured cannot be used to calculate the mortality rate.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Is it a possibility that a large number of infected people traveling into the US for access to our 8% mortality rate could overwhelm our medical systems?

That 8% included the Spanish patient.

What do you call a "large number?"
The high death rate is occurring in the region because it is a very poor and underdeveloped region. There are not large numbers of people who have the resources to get to the US. Is it possible? Anything is possible. Is it probable? No, it is very improbable.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I mean lets say there were 100 people who managed to get here who were infected. 2 per state, would that do you think be enough to disrupt medical services?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Your question is vague.
All at once? All in one place? All they all symptomatic?

Nutshell answer: no, I don't think so. We will not have an ebola apocalypse.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

EBOLA ON THE DECLINE

Ebola is dead... get over it people.

cheers

Did you even bother to read the article you posted?

"Am I hopeful? I'm terrified the information will be misinterpreted and people would start to think, oh great, this is under control," he said. "That's like saying your pet tiger is under control."

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Partly they may not think it is a big deal because they have become desensitized to deaths in Africa because of all the fund raising for famines and such.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327

*Case counts updated in conjunction with the World Health Organization updates and are based on information reported by the Ministries of Health.

As of October 27, 2014
(Updated October 29, 2014)

Total Cases: 13703*

Total Deaths: 4922

How is it even possible that the death count is that low?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starling
To all concerned: If you want to know the real figures and predictions of Ebola cases and deaths, go to UK and EU news sources.
You will never hear the whole truth from US news sources. They have never told the truth....Ever.

Could you give examples of accurate news channels/sources? Finding hard to find honest UK news sources...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

I would counter you with this

EBOLA ON THE DECLINE

Unlike you I refuse to start a new thread for flag mongering purposes...

Ebola is dead... get over it people.

cheers

Here. For you, buddy. From the same article:

"Getting a slight decrease in the number of cases on a day-to-day basis versus getting this thing closed out is a completely different ballgame," Aylward said, adding that he is "terrified" people will misinterpret the data and think officials are successfully containing the disease.

"That's like saying your pet tiger is under control," he told reporters. "A couple of burials go wrong in a couple of places, and you start a whole set of new transmission chains and the disease starts trending upward again."

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Your question is vague.
All at once? All in one place? All they all symptomatic?

Nutshell answer: no, I don't think so. We will not have an ebola apocalypse.

Often you call out other posters for putting personal truth forward as fact.......Your last line in this post is also personal truth and and not fact.

If this disease continues at the same pace it is today it could very well be a game changer. Probable......No.........Possible.....YA.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Does anyone else have a suspicion that this is worse then we are being told and that TPTB are biding their time before all hell breaks loose?

I sure don't. Ebola has hardly spread around the world and it hardly spread from the few patients outside of Africa, or at all. If Ebola was going to be a big threat, it should have happened by now. It had chance enough to spread. It's more or less isolated to a relatively small part of Africa.

It's not really that contagious.

And just to put things in perspective,

en.wikipedia.org...

The table below is a list of motor vehicle deaths in the United States by year. On average in 2012, 92 people were killed on the roadways of the U.S. each day in 30,800 fatal crashes.[1] The number of deaths – and deaths relative to the total population – have declined over the last two decades. From 1979 to 2005, the number of deaths per year decreased 14.97% while the number of deaths per capita decreased by 35.46%. In 2010, there were an estimated 5,419,000 crashes (30,296 fatal crashes), killing 32,999 and injuring 2,239,000.[2] The 32,479 traffic fatalities in 2011 were the lowest in 62 years (1949). Records indicate that there has been a total of 3,551,332 motor vehicle deaths in the United States from 1899 to 2012.

92 deaths a day and in America alone. I see nobody fearmongering about the dangers of driving a car.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join