It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola cases jump 30% in 4 days says WHO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: HappyThoughts

This poster made a good point and I agree with them. Anyone with the means and money is going to flee West Africa if this continues to spread. This is common sense and I know it is a hard thing to come buy in today's world.

How many are that going to be? And they can just fly into the USA, leave the airport and use American healthcare?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Well, that settles it then. The Great Phage has spoken.

Didn't the op ask for opinions? Guess you didn't like what he had to say.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
first off, if anyone was offended by my "post mongering"/ "flag mongering" or my defensive attitude earlier in the thread i apologize, i have been spoken to it wont happen again. Secondly, The OP wasn't the best, most thought out posting that I've made, but i was on my cell phone (as my laptop has been at the Best Buy service center 3 weeks longer then it was supposed to for a screwy keyboard), I in a rush, and to be perfectly honest the article frightened me a bit. I live very close to NYC where the latest case (I think) was confirmed and live on an overcrowded Island with only 2 means of escape in a SHTF scenario, through NYC or manage to get onto one of the limited number of ferries to Connecticut or someone's private boat. I'm an expectant father with a Mentally Handicapped Twin (a Bifrontal Cranionomy due to Meningitis after a DPT shot), a father with a Pacemaker/Defibrillator and a mother with a fused spine who is in constant pain and can barely move. I am trying to keep on top of the latest information from all sources.

Id rather know a Worst Case Scenario then a Best Case if i have to figure out how to get my family to safety. and im willing to bet there are many more people in the same situation or similar as i am. I figured they might enjoy the article. anyone is fine and welcome to disagree with me, or agree with me or anything in between. However there is no need to be rude, abrasive or argumentative.

And last thing, Phage is a smart person and a realist. i have never in 3 years of lurking before becoming a member see him definitively proven wrong. i think we all get annoyed sometimes because he does seem to know everything, and he kills our hopes and dreams.

thanks for reading my little ramble
edit on 31Fri, 31 Oct 2014 02:13:08 -0500am10q00000013Friday201410 by tranquilone666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Did you read your own article?

It's nowhere near under control yet and im not one to sensationalize it. It has slowed and then surged several times this year. Usually an outbreak consists of a hundred or ao cases. There are too many cases for it to be dead yet. If they believe there is 13, 000 it's prob closer to 20, 000 or more and each one has the potential to infect one or two more people. I'd say it will burn through to march.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: tranquilone666

Nutshell answer: no, I don't think so. We will not have an ebola apocalypse.

Well, that settles it then. The Great Phage has spoken.

You know, Phage is 100% accurate every time he has predicted no Apocalypse, no Apocalypse.

Just saying.

Much depends on what you deem an 'apocalypse'; ask the people who are now quarantined by the millions in plague-ridden squalor in some West African city, with bodies lying around and not enough caretakers or beds or any medicine whatsoever for sufferers. They might be thinking, apocalypse!, and no god seems to be answering THEIR prayers, even if Dr. Kent Brantly got lucky, airlifted out, treated, miraculously recovered and a grand tour of the White House.

The hubris I see displayed by both the CDC head and some people here is amazing. Don't you get it? Almost immediately after an Ebola patient walks into a 'modern western hospital', that notion you have of stability goes out the window. People will not come to work, and now you haven't got a hospital anymore. If allowed to get any tiny bit out of control, it's over and it will flash across the planet.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ya Ebola is on the decline so much the govt bought over 1 million hazmat suits! Even Obama said we should expect more cases especially since he is trying to import the infected here!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
***OFF TOPIC STAFF FORMATING TEST - PLEASE IGNORE POST***

The hubris I see displayed by both the CDC head and some people here is amazing. Don't you get it? Almost immediately after an Ebola patient walks into a 'modern western hospital', that notion you have of stability goes out the window. People will not come to work, and now you haven't got a hospital anymore. If allowed to get any tiny bit out of control, it's over and it will flash across the planet.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Nope. a reply to: tranquilone666

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join