It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe he was treated and released. No hospital can turn patients away because they have no insurance or are not a citizen. He had a low grade fever and was given antibiotics and told to go home. That's not the same as being turned away. a reply to: AuranVector

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighProfile
a reply to: FerronMelwick

Then do you agree that if there is no big outbreak in America in the next week, it means Ebola is not spreading significantly?

Also, can you post the actual official African ebola stats?

No I would not agree because I just said it won't matter if it's contained in America for now. Africa is the main determination in where this thing is headed. I posted the link earlier.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 18-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You didn't answer my question even though it was a very simple one. Do you not see the implication? Do you not agree that if there is no big outbreak in the next week, that Ebola is not that big of a deal?

What are you doing here?

Just managing the headless chickens, ok?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

it was posted he had a fever of 103, that is not low grade,but, you are right, he was seen and sent home with a prescription

edit on 18-10-2014 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No I would not agree because I just said it won't matter if it's contained in America for now.

You wouldn't even though it would be a direct indicator that Ebola is not as contagious and dangerous to the population as you say it is?

I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No, your basis is on the numbers coming from a third world country (ies)

How about you look at the numbers in Nigeria and let me know how that turned out. A country with significantly less infrastructure than the USA. (Still a modern country though)

You are absolutely fear mongering and making baseless assumptions.

The 10k is a number specifically about the countries effected in West Africa. Those numbers are also a big "if we don't do anything".

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I asked you for official stats, not more WHO predictions.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Sremmos80

I have been around for a long time, my first vote was cast in 1978, while I don't trust government politics, I truly was "hopeful" that all those billions of tax dollars used to create "agencies" were not just more bureaucrats and that our nations was on top when it came to keeping us safer

Ebola just demonstrated that as a nation we are not safer than West Africa and that our nations officials are nothing but idiots.

Let's wait on that determination until we see if any more cases arise from the Dallas event and what happens if they do. I think that results will confirm we're way better at handling Ebola than west Africa.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No, your basis is on the numbers coming from a third world country (ies)

How about you look at the numbers in Nigeria and let me know how that turned out. A country with significantly less infrastructure than the USA. (Still a modern country though)

You are absolutely fear mongering and making baseless assumptions.

The 10k is a number specifically about the countries effected in West Africa. Those numbers are also a big "if we don't do anything".

I'm not fear mongering. Nigeria got lucky that there case died on the plane. They isolated the healthcare workers and people on the plane. No country is even equipped to quarantine 100 patients. I don't believe you people understand that the best health care system in the world can't stop an infection this large.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I'd have to see proof of that. 103 is considered a very high fever and they would have given him fluids to try and bring it down...

Chances are he had a sub 100 fever which is a catch an release.

103 could be severe dehydration
There's no way they would have just sent him home.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I asked you for official stats, not more WHO predictions.

Why are you asking me? What is it 4500 dead now? Google it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

What? Are you not familiar with what happened in Nigeria at all?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So since infected people have now travelled to the US, what is the timeframe in which we will see the big outbreak in America?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HighProfile

You're assuming they will tell us there is a big outbreak next week.... I wouldn't bet the house on that one. They outright lie about any risk to the public-- consistently-- and at the very least, they soft pedal the bad news, let it out a bit at a time. Don't worry, be happy. Acceptable levels and all that.... Sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No I would not agree because I just said it won't matter if it's contained in America for now.

You wouldn't even though it would be a direct indicator that Ebola is not as contagious and dangerous to the population as you say it is?

I rest my case.

No... I'm saying if we can contain what's happened so far (Doubtful) then it won't matter. Try stopping the spread when thousands of people start coming here with ebola.

link   
a reply to: HighProfile

One quick question. When was Ebola first discovered? Is the whole continent dead yet?

Ebola has been around a lot longer than since it was "first discovered". Before modern biology the catchall term was just plague. There have been wide spread contagions throughout recorded history.

Previous Ebola events were micro breaks in rural settings. Now we're talking whole countries, with large cities and…airports.

link   
Sorry I didn't know you were being sarcastic. As for context I took it in full context and still didn't know you were being sarcastic.
Sorry I missed the point. Really. Very sorry. reply to: HighProfile

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do you think at this point the Government would tell you even if the woman was sick with EBOLA? They said shut this down ASAP. You won't even find out the identity of this woman to keep it under control.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What? Are you not familiar with what happened in Nigeria at all?

Yes I am and it was handled professionally. I don't care though. It's like you've ignored everything I've said about Africa. It won't matter that Nigeria contained it. Imagine 200 of those cases at once. Not stoppable

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join