It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

That's ok, but my post was obviously in response to people who were actually implying the very thing you thought I was saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kattraxx

You're right, they won't tell you how bad the situation really is, the first rule of anti-panic control...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighProfile

originally posted by: FerronMelwick
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree that unrestricted travel is bad but ebola isn't comparable to the flu. The flu attacks specific organs. Ebola attacks every organ system in your body. That is why this thing is hard to treat.

But flu is much more contagious and the number of people dying from it every year is significantly greater.

If Ebola does get spread in the USA, the deaths from it will be a lot worse than those from the flu. Also the treatment costs are many times as high. The majority of people getting the flu die from stuff like pneumonia, the flu weakens the body so much that other organisms naturally present in the body and environment become a problem. Ebola deaths come right from the action of the virus, it causes the creation of a chemical that is very problematic.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If Ebola does get spread in the USA, the deaths from it will be a lot worse than those from the flu.

Yes, if if if. Meanwhile more people just died of the regular flu.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HighProfile

Just managing the headless chickens, ok?

You're managing, huh? More like playing Ostrich with your head buried.

Do you not agree that if there is no big outbreak in the next week, that Ebola is not that big of a deal?

You want to be reassured this isn't going to become a wider issue is that it? So far thats all Ebola is becoming.

By the way, welcome to ATS. Did anyone tell you to fasten your seatbelt yet?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: FerronMelwick

What are you talking about? It's just starting in the United States. In Africa we will be seeing 10,000 new cases a week in 60 days. The reality is viruses start slow and then grow exponentially like we are seeing in Africa.

Will we? Says who?

One quick question. When was Ebola first discovered? Is the whole continent dead yet?

Actually the WHO says so. Maybe do some homework?

www.breitbart.com...

Ebola was discovered in 1976. The cases that have led up to today were in central Africa in small villages so the spread was minimal. Past cases were different strands of ebola also. The past strands would kill quickly and had a short incubation time. The strand we are dealing with now can have an incubation period of 21 days. This strand is much more dangerous because of the potential for movement during those 21 days.

I feel like I have to restate the facts hundreds of times over in this forum. No one seems to do their homework and bases everything off of what the media is spouting off. Quit listening to Bill O'Reilly and read some documentation on ebola that has some scientific background. Or even better use some logic and reasoning.

Most passed outbreaks were Zaire strain. This outbreak is also Zaire.

I'm dubious on that projected figure. What's the rate of new cases at this moment? Are they even saying? 10Ka week seems absurd when there have been less than 10K since the current outbreak began in March. 7months ago. No denying this is the worst outbreak in its history but 10K a week just doesn't seem right to me. This issue will however resolve itself in two months. I'll admit I was wrong if it comes to pass.
edit on PMu31u10104216312014-10-18T12:16:05-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You want to be reassured this isn't going to become a wider issue is that it? So far thats all Ebola is becoming.

You still refuse to answer the question.

Let me rephrase so you can maybe answer this one.

How much time has to go by without a major outbreak before you can conclude that Ebola is not as big of a deal as you say it is right now?

Huh?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Lol in a weeks time? I'm more concerned with Africa. It won't matter if we stop the spread in America right now if Africa gets out of control. If Africa is taken over by ebola it will spread across the world as african's flee for their lives.

On the good news front Senegal is now Ebola free and Nigeria will be declared free and clear on Monday. Good to know that some municipalities in Africa got their stuff together.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So since infected people have now travelled to the US, what is the timeframe in which we will see the big outbreak in America?

That depends on the official response. The official response depends upon the outcry.

Stop comparing Ebola to the "regular flu". Misinformation along those lines is not appreciated. Notice the response you are getting?

A conspiracy website is more concerned with exposing lies and coverup, not promoting more of them.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
well as long as ebola, is alive on the planet wild, we will never be clear, we have open borders.. It take about 1-21 days for this thing to incubate in your body and do its thing, TRY TO KILL YOU..

It's that simple...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yet another question goes unanswered.

So far there has been little response. Infected people are inside the US. Ebola has an incubation period of up to 21 days they say. At what point do we see the big outbreak? Or, if we don't see the big outbreak, at what point can we conclude that there is no real danger to the population?

Answer the question.
edit on 18-10-2014 by HighProfile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

How much time has to go by without a major outbreak before you can conclude that Ebola is not as big of a deal as you say it is right now?

The unanswerable question you keep posing just reflects your bent here. Nobody can say that. I really hope they stop letting people with Ebola fly around. Until they stop that there will be more occurrences like Dallas. Ebola in Africa began with a single case, too.

Why don't you ask when will they stop flying out of infected countries?

You're right, probably never. Big business doesn't care about Ebola, just ticket sales.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

Right now its way smaller. This won't be the case when it spreads. Gets bigger and bigger.

Can you specify a timeframe? For a virus that is allegedly this dangerous it is not spreading and infecting large groups of people very fast, or at all, even though not much seems to have been done to prevent spread.

Look. thats the difference between me and some other members. I write it as if it will happen, but I don't mean it. I do this on purpose.I view it as possibility thats it

This is still very early in the U.S it's not like duncan died 2 months ago, so before I specify a timeframe I'll just say wait for more factual (Or what most people believe could be factual) information. Easy.

We're getting tons of conflicting reports as always with such events so the reason you and I have different theories is because we trust and believe different things.No one knows what is REALLY going on at this point except maybe The elite

So thats why I tell you and everyone to relax but be aware that something bigger could happen, more real people could die outside of Africa. But calm down, do not attack other people who see this from a different perspective.

edit on 18-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Answer the question.

Another motto here is don't feed the trolls. I'll invest a little more time than most to confirm your real intent.

Good day.
edit on 18-10-2014 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Nobody can say that.

With an incubation period of max 21 days, and the reality of infected people coming into contact with others, we should logically see more infections of those that came into contact with them within 21 days.

If this is not happening, why are we scared again?

Is this line of reasoning that hard to grasp for you. Perhaps you are intrptring it wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

Nigeria had more people infected than we do, and in multiple cities, and it actually spread...

So your logic is extremely flawed.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here is the thing with Ebola you can only see it with a electron microscpope, which makes our world an enormous space to exist in. The argument still exist on whether virus are actually alive.. We know it can spread thru animals as well, and we also know one man came here from africa on a plane with it, Ebola, lived or is alive in Dallas, chances are it is alive or exists in cleveland and chances are it may still exist on planes and airports..

It is that simple..

For all we know it can be spreading in animals in the dallas rat population squirrel population or pigeon population. Etc. etc. get my point..

So it is ironic, for anyone to say they understand this virus and how it will effect mankind in the future...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

This is still very early in the U.S it's not like duncan died 2 months ago, so before I specify a timeframe I'll just say wait for more factual (Or what most people believe could be factual) information. Easy.

But we know the incubation period is max 21 days. If it was that contagious we would see follow up cases of those infected by the original patients. Do you follow?

Where are the examples I ask?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this is plain ignorance. Healthcare workers have it, people that were on airplanes/Bus may have it.
This doesn't count as follow ups in your perfect world or what lol?

These are all possible follow ups at this moment. Just relax and watch it. I'm sure we will get a clearer picture by the end of the month.

If the theory that they're trying to make money trough vaccines is true then expect to hear/read nothing but apocalyptic worst case scenarios.

And in case this theory is false and it really becomes a pandemic outside of Africa then we're #ed on a global scale to be honest.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join