It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Exactly! People have exaggerated fear of the unfamiliar and are incapable of making a threat or risk assessment properly. As the cartoon correctly indicates, Americans are infinitely more likely to die by exercising their inalienable right to drink 32 ounce sodas while smoking cigarettes than they are likely to be sneezed on by someone with Ebola.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

originally posted by: whatnext21
This may seem insensitive, but I hope she does test positive and maybe this will finally be taken for the level of seriousness it deserves by someone.

On the other hand, if she does not test positive it might not be so serious as it's told, and it's just hyped by fear of people getting stomach problem from bad food or something else completely unrelated, so far suspected cases has been blown up by media, ATS is no difference.

IMO your post makes no sense.

Exactly. But off course the fear hype post gets + stars.

"I hope this woman turns out to have Ebola so my fear will be justified....."

Some backwards reasoning there.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Or the chance of getting decapitated by ISIS..........

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

If I eat a single hamburger, smoke a single cigarette or drink a single glass of alcohol, I do not have a 50% chance of dying... Yet, if I catch a single case of Ebola, I do.

That cartoon is disingenuous and is meant to reinforce to people that this isn't a big deal when it is.

Do I think this thing is getting blown out of proportion, yes, right now, I do... But if it makes it out of the hospital group, then it's serious.
edit on 10/18/2014 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Finalized

If I eat a single hamburger, smoke a single cigarette or drink a single glass of alcohol, I do not have a 50% chance of dying... Yet, if I catch a single case of Ebola, I do.

Yet the chance of catching it is way way way smaller. You are obviously missing the point. A lot of people in America are obviously not eating one burger or smoking just one cigarette. The death toll is obviously real.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
a reply to: Mianeye

I think my post makes perfect sense and I think many would agree, nothing matters until is shows up on your own front lawn

No it doesn't. It's major league backwards reasoning.

You are hoping this woman has Ebola so your fears, and ongoing fearmongering can be justifiied.

This is insane, because if you fear Ebola wouldn't you want it to be less widespread and out in the open?

The only conclusion I can draw is that you like fresh doom.

An unhealthy train of thought if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: whatnext21

Maybe this is what we need to get our government to start restricting travel to these areas. A little scare. Now we need someone, who has been to Africa recently, to go on a tour of the white house and toss cookies.

Yes we need people dropping like flies all around America, dying of Ebola. Then, and only then they might take Ebola seriously. You see right now there just aren't enough people dying of it to take it as serious as they obviously should.

What we need is to help Ebola along for a bit so that more people can die and everybody will take it seriously.

Because it is very dangerous to all of us.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Flying on airplanes. sailing on cruise ships, guided tours.

This nation is playing Russian roulette with an automatic pistol.

Yes, makes you wonder how the vast vast majority of people hasn't died of Ebola yet.

Puzzling.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

there are about 36,000 flu deaths per year in the United States. This number includes people who die from the flu itself and those who develop complications from the flu -

coldflu.about.com...

Forget about Ebola for a minute, there seems to be an even bigger killer around.

The flu.

No action is being taken and no reports in the media. It is a conspiracy I tell you.

Damn, the indifference. That's like playing russian roulette with a mini gun.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I believe it was an inconsiderate Liberian who brought this to our doorstep. It seems based on the press that every and any bellyache is being taken seriously and that should releave folks to a degree.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Am I mistaken, or is the general sentiment expressed here that ATSers want the federal government to clamp down on their freedoms? Ebola is very real and extremely fatal, but it is not as communicable as the fear mongers want you to believe. Travel advisories are all that is needed here. People should be free to evaluate risks on their own.

Normally I'd agree whole heartedly but Ms. Vinson's decision to go gown shopping in Ohio after treating a confirmed case of ebola has dampened my faith that people will do the right thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finalized

That cartoon is disingenuous and is meant to reinforce to people that this isn't a big deal when it is.

Do I think this thing is getting blown out of proportion, yes, right now, I do... But if it makes it out of the hospital group, then it's serious.

I don't live in the U.S but couldn't agree more!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The bottom line truth in this is that we have only had three cases of confirmed Ebola in this country and that was because a Liberian national was dishonest when presented with protocols designed to keep this isolated in the first place.
Our government cannot be held responsible when people skirt around the controls we've implemented. The truth is that no one can control everything . Our best efforts were breached because Duncan lied and opened that particular can of worms in our country.
After that administrators who were obviously not well educated on this bungled it again. Then Ms. Vinson after treating Duncan under dubious circumstances decides that whether her brides maid gown fits well is more important than possibly infecting still others. So far I fail to see the government's culpability in all this and instead see people making grave errors in self centered activities.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not to be funny or anything but as a human your chances of dying no matter what you do or don't do overall are in the area of 100%…a reply to: Finalized

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighProfile

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: whatnext21

Maybe this is what we need to get our government to start restricting travel to these areas. A little scare. Now we need someone, who has been to Africa recently, to go on a tour of the white house and toss cookies.

Yes we need people dropping like flies all around America, dying of Ebola. Then, and only then they might take Ebola seriously. You see right now there just aren't enough people dying of it to take it as serious as they obviously should.

What we need is to help Ebola along for a bit so that more people can die and everybody will take it seriously.

Because it is very dangerous to all of us.

That's just wrong on so many levels. So very very wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Finalized

Yet the chance of catching it is way way way smaller. You are obviously missing the point. A lot of people in America are obviously not eating one burger or smoking just one cigarette. The death toll is obviously real.

Right now its way smaller. This won't be the case when it spreads. Gets bigger and bigger.

It's easy to say such things now.

What annoys me are that some people are acting as if they could look years into the future.

There's no smoke without fire. Just look at the amount of Ebola threads. Most of them have NEGATIVE Information in them.

It's up to you to decide what you think of it but don't Act as if there's NO WAY that it could get out of control when it looks more and more like that based ob reports.

It's very annoying, stay neutral and relax,chil out!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Can you point out the first thing that is wrong with it?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

Right now its way smaller. This won't be the case when it spreads. Gets bigger and bigger.

Can you specify a timeframe? For a virus that is allegedly this dangerous it is not spreading and infecting large groups of people very fast, or at all, even though not much seems to have been done to prevent spread.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes, makes you wonder how the vast vast majority of people hasn't died of Ebola yet.

Puzzling.

Clock is ticking. The nurse flew last Friday and again on Monday. I heard this morning (CNN) she had fever before boarding the first flight.

That was Friday a week ago, now eight days. The average incubation is eight to ten days, we are just now entering that window…

Sitting on my hands for the next couple days.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Puzzling.

But there have been a few major cases of food poisoning lately on cruise ships. The cruise ships are also breaking down causing some problems with disease transmission. Unrestricted travel isn't good, people bring back diseases and spread them to people with weakened immune system. It is like the soldiers from spain spreading a disease to the people of Haiti and many died because they did not have the immunity. Don't people with a reduced immunity to diseases they have immunity issues to have rights? Are we still living in a world where Survival of the fittest are the only people that have a right to exist? After studying the food chemistry and over vaccination in this country, I believe many will die if a disease comes around, we have been led to believe we have better immune systems because of this when in essence we may be more at risk of a massive die off. Well, the people in Europe can come and reclaim this country and start over, they are not taking all these vaccines and are consuming a more traditional diet yet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join