It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Why? Recovery, if you survive, is known to only take a couple of weeks- read 14 days- and can vary widely from patient to patient.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe
Do you have any sources for that?

They held a press conference when he got out of the hospital, he was standing right next to and hugging people. I am not going to dig it up for you. Sorry, its out there, google it. It takes no longer than it did for you to respond to me asking me to do it for you.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No need to have attitude. I figured to ask in case you had it handy. I'm clearly not meaning to be combative.

Edit: I looked it up. Their saying that full recovery may take 3 months. From the sounds of it, they do have an amazing cure handy. He was tested and confirmed virus free before being released. Unfortunately, the FDA would be the current barrier here... with all the jumping through hoops and such.
edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
They cured Ebola infected patients in Atlanta with an "experimental" drug treatment. Cured. They have a vaccine.

They can put this fire out, only question is... How long will they let it burn?

imo

Just in case, remember, in the unlikely event of an emergency, don't panic, remain calm, walk, don't run to the nearest emergency exit, and be assured, help is on the way.

I agree 100%. They have a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I posited this scenario in a thread August 1st of this year.

originally posted by: beezzer
What is stopping a terrorist organization(s) from going to Africa, getting infected with E Bola, and going to the southern border and crossing along with everyone else to create a massive infection and pandemic?

Nothing, really.

So does this mean that the terrorism threat is over-blown by the government and media?

Or is it just a matter of time. . . . . . ?

Just throwing out some Friday doom for you all to ponder. . .

I'll be hiding under my desk for the next few weeks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is all rather doom-ish.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
There is no containing this disease! This is simply Patient Zero for the United States.

And why contain something they want to utilize against us?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe

No need to have attitude. I figured to ask in case you had it handy. I'm clearly not meaning to be combative.

Edit: I looked it up. Their saying that full recovery may take 3 months. From the sounds of it, they do have an amazing cure handy. He was tested and confirmed virus free before being released. Unfortunately, the FDA would be the current barrier here... with all the jumping through hoops and such.

Not meaning to have an attitude, I just find it funny when people ask me to back up every statement with a link of some sort. Especially when it is not the main focal point of the thread. Sorry if you take any offense to what I said, but I am not here to argue...

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Comments like this just give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

CDC director: "It is certainly possible someone who had contact with this individual could develop Ebola in the coming weeks"

link   
Apologies. I just saw the statement as being condescending in nature. Generally it is good practice to back up claims with sources. It is your right not to do so, but it isn't in the best interest of productive discussion and debate.

link   
The patient displayed non-specific symptoms and checked into the hospital on the 24th and released him on the 26th and he was checked back in on the 28th. (The patient didn’t get sick until 4 days after he got off the airplane. He left Liberia on the 19th and arrived on the 20th.) The thing is, the doc says a person could display symptoms anywhere from 2-18 days after exposure so there is a possibility he COULD have gotten it after arriving in the US but it is likely he got it while in Liberia. It sounds like the hospital got more worried after finding out the patient had been to Liberia but they would have know this on the first visit it seems to me. CDC is just giving an update on Fox news. They won’t release his nationality but he evidently was visiting with family after arriving in the US. They didn't say it but I am getting the feeling he is from Liberia.

ETA He is Liberian from Liberia
edit on 30-9-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I posited this scenario in a thread August 1st of this year.

What is stopping a terrorist organization(s) from going to Africa, getting infected with E Bola, and going to the southern border and crossing along with everyone else to create a massive infection and pandemic?

Nothing, really.

So does this mean that the terrorism threat is over-blown by the government and media?

Or is it just a matter of time. . . . . . ?

Just throwing out some Friday doom for you all to ponder. . .

I'll be hiding under my desk for the next few weeks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is all rather doom-ish.

I have never been one of the doom and gloom crowd, but this sounds like the beginning of something big. I've seen others post about the 4th quarter of 2014 and other topics. This is just too convenient to go un-utilized by those who wish to use it. The right reaction should be on the level of 9/11 (IMHO) with banning flights, checking flyers, etc. Lock down the borders and PROVE they don't want this to spread. There is a "cure" but it runs hundreds of thousands? Hmmm...only a percent of the population could afford that...right? Starts in Texas? A little irony there?

And to carry out your thought...have groups of people (who are happy to die for their God) catch ebola, cross the Mexican border and visit very populated areas. That is a no-brainer. Time will tell. But as I stated in another post....this is the first...it WON'T be the last. Just my feeling.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just watching the press conference and apparently he had symptoms for 4 days before he went to the hospital but they say he only had a handful of contacts in that time.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
CNN reporting four days of unisolated illness.

So it begins.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So they have to retrace his steps for at least four days....seems like it would have been better to just stop international flights from the impacted areas or quarantine everyone coming in for 21 days.
Sorry - I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Fingers crossed for Dallas.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

From what I read he has been in the US for 10 days and started showing symptoms 5 days ago but wasn't hospitalized until Sunday, so he had the symptoms for several days before being quarantined!!!

Could be very bad, I'm assuming there retracing his steps for the last 10 days?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
CNN reporting four days of unisolated illness.

So it begins.

The guy talking now made it sound like it wasn't contagious during that time.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
The patient displayed non-specific symptoms and checked into the hospital on the 24th. The hospital released him and he was checked back in on the 28th. (The patient didn’t get sick until 4 days after he got off the airplane. He left Liberia on the 19th and arrived on the 20th.) The thing is, the doc says a person could display symptoms anywhere from 2-18 days after exposure so there is a possibility he COULD have gotten it after arriving in the US but it is likely he got it while in Liberia. It sounds like the hospital got more worried after finding out the patient had been to Liberia but they would have know this on the first visit it seems to me. CDC is just giving an update on Fox news. They won’t release his nationality but he evidently was with family after arriving in the US.

You likely won't hear much about WHO this person is. If you do...I would watch out for lies. Who this person is, is important toward knowing how and why. Which is why we will never know. I've been curious about Obama's change of attitude since his last vacation. To me, it seemed that he was given bad news that he couldn't control and was in a state of depression. Spending time with family, a less-than-energetic appearance, etc. Just my thoughts at the moment.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully
That's strange. CDC says that if there are symptoms, it is contagious.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, as reported, the patient initially sought care in the first two of the four days. This says to me the healthcare workers on that first visit were certainly at risk.

Same pattern in Africa.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Comments like this just give me that warm fuzzy feeling...

CDC director: "It is certainly possible someone who had contact with this individual could develop Ebola in the coming weeks"

So matter of fact...

Why is that *at all* acceptable to anyone at the CDC or in the U.S. Government!!??

Citizens should be outraged. IMHO this is an outright failure of our government to protect us, no less than the failure to secure our borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join