It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, its official. I wondered how long it was going to take for a positive test. I am sure they have this contained...at least I hope so.

DALLAS — A patient in a Dallas hospital has been confirmed to have the Ebola virus, News 8 has learned.

That person has been held in "strict isolation" as he or she was evaluated for possible exposure to the deadly Ebola virus.

This is the first case of Ebola confirmed in the United States.

In a statement issued Tuesday night, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said the patient was admitted based on symptoms and "recent travel history."

edit on 30-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

www.dallasnews.com...

There is a presser at 4:30 today. Hoping to hear they are confident it did not get a chance to spread.

www.wfaa.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

And so it goes…

EDIT: The link States "CDC: confirmed case", but I look at the CDC and the latest update is yesterday mentioning nothing of this. I'm sure the media confirms its sources and all… someone else do some more digging before the world freaks…
edit on 30-9-2014 by intrptr because: additional

Further:

Zachary Thompson, the director of the Dallas County Health & Human Services, said Tuesday morning the Center for Disease Control was mobilizing as if the patient tested positive for the virus.

So… "today" and "as if"… not as solid as CDC confirmed.

Noted how everyone jumps on it as though it were… we all expect it.

I hope its a false alarm…
edit on 30-9-2014 by intrptr because: further

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is no containing this disease! This is simply Patient Zero for the United States.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Can we get a source confirming this. Not that I don't believe you but I'm not going to spreading information which may not be reliable.

Edit: Found one: Dallas Ebola Confirmed
edit on 30-9-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"Strict isolation" at the hospital. What about before?

Such a meaningless assertion.

edit on 30-9-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wonder how long until EVERYONE that travels internationally will be forced to undergo a vast medical exam/clearance to come back to the US. Surely they will not be as lax with ebola as they were with the illegal immigrants a few months back.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Exactly. Scary, here come the pestilences.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrimReaper86

Can we get a source confirming this. Not that I don't believe you but I'm not going to spreading information which may not be reliable.

Edit: Found one: Dallas Ebola Confirmed

Sorry, I forgot to add the link, thanks for letting me know

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This should be fun....... sigh

At least Tekmira Stock is looking good right about now...

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It was always just a matter of time.

The world failed to heed the warnings and pleas for help coming out of Africa for far too long. More cases will start popping up very soon. Maybe one or two over the next week then five then twelve....

It's gonna get ugly.

link   
a reply to: loam

haha i know right...if it just isolation I totally would have been worried but since it said strict before I feel better.

link   

originally posted by: loam

Such a meaningless assertion.

Exactly. What if he thought he just had a cough or cold and went to a pharmacy for cough medicine? Who did he touch with his hands or what surfaces have been contaminated?

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Exactly. He didn't just magically pop into Dallas from nowhere. And last I saw, Ebola can live on surfaces up to 60 days. All I can say to this is .... crap, it's here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Exactly. He didn't just magically pop into Dallas from nowhere. And last I saw, Ebola can live on surfaces up to 60 days. All I can say to this is .... crap, it's here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Interesting...I had not heard it can live that long on surfaces!! Digital currency only here we come. Of all things, I never thought it would be a VIRUS that takes out the USD...also, to be honest, I am not sure how much THEY did not want it in the US. This could be the start of the great population control we always knew would come.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's sounding like this guy landed in DFW, which is a busy airport. Lots of opportunities for it to spread. Luckily Ebola is only contagious once symptoms arise, which is generally 2 days to 3 weeks after infection. The latent period is the same as the incubation period. So the most important question is whether or not this guy was contagious while in-flight and in DFW. Time will tell, I guess.

a reply to: FlyersFan
Burn the plane. Burn the airport. Better safe than sorry, haha. That's crazy. Let's really hope that this guy wasn't infectious. Think of how many people pass through DFW daily, coming and going nationally and internationally. Think of all the hands that have already touched the same counter as him. The same doorknobs.
edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
We have been discussing this in my thread when it was still a possible case earlier today.

Guess we all knew it would happen, so I can't say I'm suprised. Shocked and a little bit fearful of what comes next but not surprised.

Let's collectively hope for the best, the law of attraction and all.

I would link my thread but I guess this phone refuses to cut and paste.

edit on 30-9-2014 by wastedown because: grammar

edit on 30-9-2014 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
how? has ebola mutated into an airborne form recently or is some group intentionally contaminated water supplies in western nations or are westerners who visit africa buying contaminated drugs and prostitutes or what?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time until it hit our shores. Anything we do now is too little, too late. S + F

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm interested in the where and how of it being contracted, also.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

It doesn't take much. Some guy bites his nails, wipes his eye, picks his nose, sneezes, coughs. Hell, even sweat can supposedly carry infection. It's not like you have to suck a person's face to get Ebola off them. This guy touched the wrong thing, and it got in a scrape, cut, sore or his mouth/eyes. Mythbusters does a great episode where they use this liquid that glows under UV light as snot. They give themselves a runny nose, and deal with it as they normally would. Under black light afterwards, their hands and face were glowing side to side with this stuff.

Even if the guy was super clean, washing his hands and avoiding his face, everything on him like his phone and wallet would be compromised if he touched them before washing his hands. And who washes their phone or wallet? Nobody.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it is not hard to spread # in the slightest.
edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join