It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

He recently traveled to Liberia... Why? Who knows?! Why would anyone travel there right now blows my mind. But the bigger question is why are travel restrictions not already in place?!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

Your response concerns me. Not because I completely disagree. Certainly it is foolhardy and probably avoidable to travel to such a place, but that can be taken to an extreme by the government. How soon till travel restrictions aren't only implemented but how long till it's nearly impossible to leave the country? I could see that as a possibility. One that frightens me to the core.

I don't like being "trapped".

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Strategically positioned amid a huge population & transportation hub in a huge state currently inundated with a torrent of illegal immigrants. Welcome "Captain Tripps". "Baby can you dig your man".--S.K.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I'm interested in the where and how of it being contracted, also.

I am quite interested too. I also heard that the US owns the patent on the ebola virus. Apparently they already own the cure as well. As proven by the miraculous cures of the 3 or 4 Dr.s/aid workers that were infected a few months ago. I guarantee there is something more sinister going on here...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
The world failed to heed the warnings and pleas for help coming out of Africa for far too long. More

Actually, I think you are wrong. Western clinicians and medical teams have been working in Africa since this most recent Ebola outbreak started. In the thick of it. Or don't the facts count?

Regards

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok, I'll say it. We're doomed. And I am not even a germophobe. I personally don't see this going well for any country in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Not so miraculous... The current survival rate of this outbreak is reported to be between 40-60%. So, the drugs they were given may be worthless.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And THEY have said they were not enough since December of last year. That is a fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't think that they were "cured". They simply survived. With supportive care Ebola is survivable. There are survivors in Africa... Is the US randomly dosing out their secret vaccine in Africa? Of course not. People are simply being treated. The survival rate varies from 75% to 10%. The quicker and more thorough the support during infection, the more likely the person will survive. Left in the woods, you'll almost definitely die. In a well equipped and staffed hospital in a developed country? You'll probably survive, if you're treated quickly enough.
edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Not so miraculous... The current survival rate of this outbreak is reported to be between 40-60%. So, the drugs they were given may be worthless.

I somehow highly doubt that. These people were up and socializing with friends, family, the general public all within the span of 12 days. I would call that miraculous.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Do you have any sources for that?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GrimReaper86

There is a big difference in restricting travel to and from areas of a known near pandemic population culling infectious disease and the locking down of America. That is a big leap to make with many variables that would have to be ignored for it to occur. I know many people who would resist actions as far as those. We as the public have the right and the duty to prevent such long reaching actions by our government.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Since I first heard of Ebola as a kid, it scared the tar out of me...more so than any other disease.

Now it's here. My germaphobe senses are wild at the moment.

All of these diseases going around....

Its getting biblical.

I'll be having a drink to you tonight, Ebola.

We're screwed.

edit on 30-9-2014 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe

I don't think that they were "cured". They simply survived. With supportive care Ebola is survivable. There are survivors in Africa... Is the US randomly dosing out their secret vaccine in Africa? Of course not. People are simply being treated. The survival rate varies from 75% to 10%. The quicker and more thorough the support during infection, the more likely the person will survive.

Actually, I believe they were given an "experimental" drug, and it worked in all 3 or 4 of the cases. That is not 60 % by any means.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
They cured Ebola infected patients in Atlanta with an "experimental" drug treatment. Cured. They have a vaccine.

They can put this fire out, only question is... How long will they let it burn?

imo

Just in case, remember, in the unlikely event of an emergency, don't panic, remain calm, walk, don't run to the nearest emergency exit, and be assured, help is on the way.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
CDC just reports Patient has been in the U.S. since the 20th and admitted to hospital on the 28th.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
CDC just reports Patient has been in the U.S. since the 20th and admitted to hospital on the 28th.

How many did he (?) infect???

NOT GOOD!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This does not sound good. He has been here 8 days, got sick on sept 24, sought treatment on 26, went to Presby hospital on 28. So sick 4 days.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In the live press conference, they stated that the patient left Liberia on the 19th of September and arrived in Dallas on the 20th. (no mention of stop over location, but they state that he wasn't sick during flight.

He developed fever on the 24th.
Sought medical care on the 26th.
Finally admitted to hospital on the 28th.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I want sources. I'm not saying you're wrong or lying. I just haven't heard about this and want to look into it. It's no good to anybody to take people's words for things.

Edit: Whew. Thank god he wasn't contagious while at DFW. This could have been a lot worse.
edit on 30-9-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join