It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object with four "Bulbs". Curiosity Sol 753.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Nice find Arken. 😊

Would be appropriate to call you our resident Forensic Exo-paleontologist?

My first thoughts on seeing this were wow! Is this our Rosetta Stone moment? Maybe, but additional visual analysis is required even before the rover science plan is adjusted. It would be nice to get (1) close-up color pics; (2) spatial 3d analysis; and (3) chemistry investigation.

Wild off-tangent thinking suggests this object is part of a much larger object, which is submerged. As other respondent have suggested, nearby debris and surface features could be part of an original greater object. Spacial analysis, measuring the entire immediate area would be useful to assist in understanding any possible connection between those postulated pieces.

Whilst there could be multiple related objects, chemical analysis is required as is mathematical analysis of dimensions and angles. Obviously, we can make suggestions as to what the object you have brought to attention is or was.

My suggestion is buried tech, maybe millions of years old. Covered in dirt and mud, destroyed and smashed. Something tells me that MSL will have to get a whole lot curiouser and capable to detect whatever molecules of original structure that may still linger.

But WTF, maybe this is the time for disclosure...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This has probably been argued to death within this subject in general -And so, If that's true -here I am the A $$ ole that decides to mention it again. It's just everytime I see these sandy rock "anomalies" the simple truth stings deep and long for me. If you look long enough and hard enough you will find a rock that looks like just about anything up there. You certainly can down here. I'm not saying that the potential isn't there for discovery, i'm just saying that jumping up and down about rocks that look cool is not helping anybody. This thing looks unusual and interesting - but it's also extremely plausible and well within normalcy. If it's just a little fun for the imagination that's cool too....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Now I think about it...

NASA are receiving lots and lots of data, what if they simple have missed this find ?

Perhaps forwarding your findings to NASA would be a good idea, perhaps even ground breaking
Perhaps they will even take a closer look at this thing with the new information

Hi Spacespider.

NASA/JPL do not collect data directly from the Rover. All the data images are collected by Malin Space Center who process the images when taken, and could release them publicly even after 15 days. National Reconnaissance Office oversees all operations because of the issue of national security and military aspects of mission.
It's my opinion that they follow close each suspected image and investigating and known anomalies that the rover encounters in its path. They certainly have analyzed in complete secrecy as "The Spine" www.abovetopsecret.com... since about two days after the discovery, the Rover went into a suspect blackout for over 10 days without sending any pictures (officially)...
It's an hard work, but they have all the time to modify, adjust them.

But Sometime, something.... slip-out.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister
Agreed.

But the most interesting anomalies discovered by me and other members are simply ignored (apparently) ...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tasteslikethunder

Which is why I would demand closer visual analysis (note, I do not say "inspection") to establish any scientific basis for further time and effort related to the object of interest. Is it an object of interest? What level of investigation should be used? Who or what organization will process that data, ec, etc.

All that depends upon visual evidence. I hope it is forthcoming. It may be a rock, and always was a rock. I have no idea.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Quite compelling and certainly among the more interesting features on recent sols ... you must have the "all seeing eye", my friend! If you don't mind, I'm also going to include a link to this post over in the anomalies thread.

Whether or not this is something else than the usual weathering or erosion: it definitely sticks out and is sufficiently different from the rest of what's lying around. Should be worth a MAHLI image, me thinks!

Again: great find & keep it up, Arken ... S&F

Thank you jeep3r

Really unusual object that deserve a full spectrum analisys.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I am at a loss but it definitely does not look like the work of natural erosion, at least not entirely, it does look's heavily eroded but the gaps between the teeth look equal in size the back, body or upright section is nicely streight with these stub's at right angles to it on one side only, the bottom two stub's look like they are angular though eroded or were even square in cross section before eroding, the stub like were one has broken off near the thin section as it tapers toward the top and the very top one looks disc shaped or rounded, it looks like one side of something that is broken off and maybe partially buried, either organic or mechanical (it look's mechanical to me) and the shadow is telling, with accurate angle of light it may be possible to make a two sided three dimensional model, very interesting Arken, this is worthy of the title artifact.

Hi LABTECH

it look's mechanical to me

This is the first thing I've thought when I saw it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Has to be one of my favorites Arken - nice find!

First glance I thought of was the Taj Mahal. Then the Great Wall. Of course I'm sure the scale is probable more like a barbie Taj
. Maybe someone in the know can give us scale. I apologize for being too lazy at the moment it's past 2am

To me it looks like your four headed object came off the flat wall like object that has nearly the same angle rest just left of the center of the picture. It almost looks like the the object that it may have come off of may have been pushed over in time or even from some type of natural disaster. Almost looks like a mud flow came up and push over what ever those objects are. Reminds me of the lava flows on the Big Island of Hawaii or remnants of buildings that have been hit by mudslides.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

There is a panorama on page 3 that shows the object is very small.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: jhn7537

Maybe bring back those 3D glasses we had back then? LOL.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenJack
Well Arken I've always been a fan. My fav's were definitely the vertebrae and the stuff popping up around that time.
I got super disappointed with the elongated skull pics as I thought it was way to much of a stretch for you... kind of made me get a jaded feeling.

Sorry had to get that off my chest bro.. I was holding that in for a while.

I have defended your work before and stand by what I said then.

I'm glad I still decided to stick it out with you , your one of my fav Atsers and this find is phenomenal. Mostly for that fact that it is so unique and geologically I cant think of an explanation, or similar example to a structure on our planet. Besides an artificial one.

Keep up the good work
and keep your eyes open for the rest of us.

Thanks for your kind words CitizenJack.

I admit that sometimes I let myself get carried away and that I'm wrong on some anomalies, but: who fights can lose the war, but who does not fight has already lost.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

And that my friend is the absolute best attitude and intention to have. There are worse ways to spend time and energy that's for sure. Sometimes I just get the feeling that it's not fully understood by some how random the terrain and formations should and will be. I can almost guarantee there is a rock up there that looks exactly like an alien running away. A face in the right shadow that looks like you. Anything.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Just asking, but do you just stare at photos of Mars all day?

Is there any way to gauge the height?

Hi jhn.

I give a look at the images of the rover a couple of days a week and for no more than 20/30 minutes.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tasteslikethunder

And that my friend is the absolute best attitude and intention to have. There are worse ways to spend time and energy that's for sure. Sometimes I just get the feeling that it's not fully understood by some how random the terrain and formations should and will be. I can almost guarantee there is a rock up there that looks exactly like an alien running away. A face in the right shadow that looks like you. Anything.

Huh, already done... See www.abovetopsecret.com...

Somewhere in there is a picture taken by HiRise of some alien wearing an upper body apparatus, racing to rescue some dude atop a monolith who has a pretty serious leg injury. LOL. All true and in living co

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Arken, my friend, your eagle eyes are way too underestimated.

You need to apply for a job at NASA and be a spy for ATS, it's the only way we'll find out the truth

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I play around with land and rocks as part of my job. This is a fantastic find because not only is it a geographical anomaly, but it opens up many questions as to the formation of it.

Personally I think it's just a rock formed from some sort of weather phenomenon many years ago (talking galactic years here) but, as I said, it's super interesting. Nice article

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
S&F
That there is what ya call the umm, err bulbous lava tube gas bubble thing’s.....

Close as I can guess, looks strange to be on Mars, but Mars did have evaluation also

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Nice find Arken ... Thanks for posting !

I'm sure NASA appreciates you posting all these fascinating anomalies which helps to fine-tune and update the rovers object-recognition-system so nothing else gets past the automatic censors.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fultz

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I'm sure Phage will put us right soon,so we don't all run around screaming.
So I shouldn't worry.

Hello,

This is my first post ever after lurking for several years. I cannot take one more of these "Phage will come" responses again. Phage seems to be intelligent. What drives me insane, is people that worship him like he is the smartest human being on the face of the earth. He IS smart but he also does not pick ANY battles he cannot win. So stop with this trash please. There are a lot of threads he does not show up in that you *page* him to simply because he does not have an explanation to debunk the OP, or he just does not care.

I seriously think that several people here would jump off a cliff if he said to do so. It makes me sad.

Well sir, first off thanks for stepping out of the shadows and joining.
Second, you have a pretty good argument and make some valid points.
And based off your opinion and talking points I can tell that your going to fit in just fine here. Your not the only one who feels that way.

Welcome to ATS and I hope to see you around. -CJ

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm going with a drag-racing tree...I think a few lights may have broken off, though.

Seriously, though, that's definitely odd--not impossible to be natural, but the odds are pretty out there if it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Almost binary in looks. (If possible)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join