It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object with four "Bulbs". Curiosity Sol 753.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+93 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Another anomaly nearby the Rover, on Sol 753. A strange object with four some kind of "bulbs" rises from the sand and casting a long shadow, even though the sun is almost perpendicular. A tool? A scrap? Some kind of petrified Martian flora or fauna? Apparently this anomaly has all the characteristics to define NOT just a simply rock.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That's very weird Arken. I'm a just rocks guy but this is interesting.

It almost looks like it has carvings of some sort on it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Cool.
Could also be a small lava tube, with pockets that expanded through weak points in the tube, with a bulbous bubble like nature.

And well, my conspiracy nature says, it could be a part of one of these:

ak.picdn.net...
edit on 20-9-2014 by Demoncreeper because: To add conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Even when (if) a natural explanation figures this one out, this will still be my all-time favorite Arken pic. That's a superb find and looks wicked cool.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That is an interesting one.
I wish we could take a giant hose and leaf blower
there and the Giza Plateau .

Obviously it's a pregnant prairie dog
saying "you did this to me!" to the other one.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks for this Arken
Very good find

This looks like a fossilized ant hive or other insect like hive..
Perhaps exposed by weather, water, earthquake.

Could also be old lava tubes, or old ruins of a martian civilization

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nice find!

It has a very strange shadow.

edit on 20-9-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Looks abit like the head of a violin. Good find.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Cool Arken! S n F! One day you'll find something that is irrefutable evidence of Martian life. Could this be it?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I also see a head with a helmet right across from it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Awesome pic. I always have trouble determining scale on these pics, though. Can anybody give a rough idea how large this is? Are we looking at a foot-tall rock or is this thing a megalith of sorts?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Now I think about it...

NASA are receiving lots and lots of data, what if they simple have missed this find ?

Perhaps forwarding your findings to NASA would be a good idea, perhaps even ground breaking
Perhaps they will even take a closer look at this thing with the new information

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That whole region looks like a giant mud field with what I call 'bloops' on it; gaseous bubbles that rose up out of the mud and solidified into round structures; the one you link to looks like the bloops were high enough to catch the wind and broke off from the underlying clay matrix.

The shadows are odd looking because of the shape of the ground the shadows are falling on, that's all.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have no idea what it is but it does look like the lights for a race track for rails.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Now I think about it...

NASA are receiving lots and lots of data, what if they simple have missed this find ?

Perhaps forwarding your findings to NASA would be a good idea, perhaps even ground breaking
Perhaps they will even take a closer look at this thing with the new information

It would be my guess that nasa uses an algorithm and a computer sifts through the data after and before humans do.

I do not think they are missing anything interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Best one yet, Arken!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Awesome, definitely interesting no matter what it it. Different from the usual things we see. Good find

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Dude-post enough "maybes"and one day...just maybe you hit the jackpot.
This could be that day.

I mean what the heck is that?
Martian guitar tuning head on the surface?
An ancient machine,petrified?
A martian loom?
Gear wheels?

A Martian Aztec skull rack,dislodged from its rightful place?
Lower blob looks skull like to me.

I'm sure Phage will put us right soon,so we don't all run around screaming.
So I shouldn't worry.

edit on 20/9/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Quite compelling and certainly among the more interesting features on recent sols ... you must have the "all seeing eye", my friend! If you don't mind, I'm also going to include a link to this post over in the anomalies thread.

Whether or not this is something else than the usual weathering or erosion: it definitely sticks out and is sufficiently different from the rest of what's lying around. Should be worth a MAHLI image, me thinks!

Again: great find & keep it up, Arken ... S&F

edit on 20-9-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I am at a loss but it definitely does not look like the work of natural erosion, at least not entirely, it does look's heavily eroded but the gaps between the teeth look equal in size the back, body or upright section is nicely streight with these stub's at right angles to it on one side only, the bottom two stub's look like they are angular though eroded or were even square in cross section before eroding, the stub like were one has broken off near the thin section as it tapers toward the top and the very top one looks disc shaped or rounded, it looks like one side of something that is broken off and maybe partially buried, either organic or mechanical (it look's mechanical to me) and the shadow is telling, with accurate angle of light it may be possible to make a two sided three dimensional model, very interesting Arken, this is worthy of the title artifact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join