It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object with four "Bulbs". Curiosity Sol 753.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to: Arken

Very interesting find Arken, thanks for your efforts and keen eye. I pass 95% of this stuff as just natural rock formations based on my past professional experiences, however this does not have the appearance it was made by nature although it could very well be, a closer inspection would have helped. Also your 'spine' find was worth a revisit by NASA with a close up but they 'passed on' that, literally.

You would have enjoyed working with my cartographic and photo interpretation team on the 'Apollo Lunar Landing Project'. However you probably would not have got much done mapping the landing sites with "what the hell is that?", and viewing stuff on the back side of the moon for the first time.

Nice work, but pass on the 'just rocks', because you have found a few very interesting objects worthy of debate.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

The angle that its at looks to me like its part of a much bigger piece coming out of the ground.
If thats the case, i would love to see the rest of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I played around with it...
Perhaps someone can do better
Well.. still strange

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good find Arken

This reminds me of an anemometer or a molecule diagram (like those that have in schools) or a semaphore
edit on 20-9-2014 by Yuuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hi,

Great find. Notice the other stuff to the far right. There are two LARGE overhangs and an object that looks like a fossilized craft or weird shape. Give a look and comment please. Lots of unusual things in this images - thanks for posting it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Hey! What is my shadow doing on mars!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Props for finding something genuinely interesting.

If it is natural, it would almost have to be created by some volcanic means, but the patterns on the nodules appear to be both unique and distinct. If they were naturally formed nodules, one would think that the surface patterns would be similar from one to the next, but the top one seems kind of spirally grooved while the lowest one is very radial with a center indent.

Fantastic stuff! Not sure what to say other than great find. This one needs a closer look by the rover. Keep it up Arken.
edit on 20-9-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You mean the part that looks like a tiny penis?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Aww that's messed up lol

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well Arken I've always been a fan. My fav's were definitely the vertebrae and the stuff popping up around that time.
I got super disappointed with the elongated skull pics as I thought it was way to much of a stretch for you... kind of made me get a jaded feeling.

Sorry had to get that off my chest bro.. I was holding that in for a while.

I have defended your work before and stand by what I said then.

I'm glad I still decided to stick it out with you , your one of my fav Atsers and this find is phenomenal. Mostly for that fact that it is so unique and geologically I cant think of an explanation, or similar example to a structure on our planet. Besides an artificial one.

Keep up the good work
and keep your eyes open for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The "wall" behind or to the right of the subject formation is rather interesting too. It looks to be sheared off with flat, vertical surfaces. Yet there's nothing to the left to suggest the material eroded or fractured off leaving the vertical face as it appears.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did you miss the hand grabbing the tablets at the bottom of the pic?

There's a little pig watching above it to the right... Zoom in.

Interesting rocks.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Mast Camera Sequence

After looking at the sequence of shots near this time, I am inclined to believe that the scale is on the order of a few cm at most for this object. The rover is visible in several shots with similar background.

That takes nothing away from its interest, just putting it into perspective.
edit on 20-9-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Awesome pic .. but of just a rock.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I tried to put it into perspective using navigation cameras
(Brightness/contrast adjusted slightly)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oh, that thing? Thats just an ancient Martian traffic light. Red, Yellow, Green, and one for the Green Arrow letting you know its safe to turn. Looks like the yellow one was pilfered or damaged at some point during or shortly after the Cataclysm.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow Arken, This one's The Pick of The Litter, Your Best Pic Yet! Very Nice Work and let's see what our Keyboard Experts here on ATS have to say about this one. Blue Ribbon Proie of The Day, Thanks for keeping on Arken. Peace Brother
Arjunandaa reply to: Arken

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Good one Arken!!...One of your best yet!.....S & F for sure!

Check the far right side of the full photo....there's one that looks like a face!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

That takes nothing away from its interest, just putting it into perspective.

Thanks for that perspective.

The ground and rocks there are weird because … its Mars.

Everything on Mars is weird looking because well… its Mars.

People want to apply Earth weirdness to "anomalies" because we're from Earth. We struggle and strain to see life, water, aliens, whatever and we don't because…

its Mars!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Looks like the eroded upper part (head decoration, helmet) of a buried statue or something.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join