It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This display of testosterone and racism is beyond sickening.
Lighten up people.

I would hate to see Manson vindicated.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

the authorities, as a rule, tend to use sledgehammers to crack walnuts.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Two journalists who were arrested have been released. Wesley Lowery and Ryan J. Reilly were apparently arrested for trespassing in McDonald's, which was open for business. Not sure how that works. Apparently the chief of police was made aware of this and replied "Oh God". Wesley Lowery has since been tweeting rather prolifically about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I understand. Guns aren't for everyone. And it's one thing to fire a gun, it's another to take fire.

I'm 38, and I've only been shot at once in my life. And only had a gun in my face one other time. Both were in Detroit.

Silly guy tried to mug me with a gun without a clip in it. I defeated him with words.

In this instance words wouldn't be effective. And only limiting yourself to firearms limits your tactics.

Look at the IRA, the mujahadeen, any freedom fighters around the globe. Guns aren't the be all end all. And they aren't a good solution against armed and armored troops.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: Thefarmer

I'm well aware that we have a militarized police state in this country, I live in crook county just outside Chicago city limits and I have seen more crime from both sides of this fence than I care to remember. However I'm an keeping a cool head and waiting until we have viable evidence of this particular situation, before rushing to judgement.

Ok that your decision but why would they act in this manner if they were innocent? Who's the worse criminals the ones on the street or the ones in military combat gear you seek to protect you?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: HauntWok

I disagree.

All the groups you mentioned used firearms extensively.

Armor can be defeated. The cops may have a little bit of armor. But there is such thing as 7.62 x54r 7n1, and SS109.

link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I'm not protecting anyone, I have a great deal of disgust about the police state in this country, but Ihave an equal amount of disgust at the criminal degeneration that our country has become.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's getting dark quick and that livestream is scary. At least the cops are getting some good overtime pay (sorry, bad humor)...

Kiev anyone?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

I'm not protecting anyone, I have a great deal of disgust about the police state in this country, but Ihave an equal amount of disgust at the criminal degeneration that our country has become.

I'm saying you seek police to protect you but they have gone full on paramilitary so who's the bigger criminals

Not saying your protecting anyone mate
edit on 13 8 2014 by Thefarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
Two journalists who were arrested have been released. Wesley Lowery and Ryan J. Reilly were apparently arrested for trespassing in McDonald's, which was open for business. Not sure how that works. Apparently the chief of police was made aware of this and replied "Oh God". Wesley Lowery has since been tweeting rather prolifically about it.

Uh Oh now they're playing with fire. Big Business runs America - See Confessions of an Economic Hit-man.
McDonald's will not stand for this.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

Why does it matter who the journalists are? Is it because they don't want any journalists to report what is actually happening there. Something feels very off about this whole thing.

The news crews were told by police nights ago to feck off or get arrested. That's in the can, as was the no fly zone, which is debatable, but is an issue for TV stations, despite so much sensationalism of TV news using helicopters, you need that aspect, just because it is there.
IMO, for the right minded people who are there who are concerned that someone has died, and yes most likely wrongly, the protest should end now, and await the official police report. Not easy, if you already know the truth, but only then can you separate the truth from fiction.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The best part: the cop saying, "Your rights are not being denied".

That was one of my favorites as well. I'm sure glad he clarified it too, because for a minute there that LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE WHAT THEY WERE DOING.

It's a good thing Gomer Pyle is out there stroking everyone with his words of comfort and his promise of NOT violating anyone's rights in the process.

The more I look at this, the angrier it makes me. They are making a statement here whether they realize it or not (and I think they do). Don't $&#% around with one of our's or we'll bring hell to your doorstep... Is the feeling I am getting from it and I'm not even there. I can't imagine how those that are standing there with the guns pointing at their chests feel.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

If authorities are going to target a ethnicity, like they do and imprison them like they do hasn't this group already been determined to be criminal, and if your going to treat them like criminals, would it surprise you when they revolt that they would act like a criminals?

Then criticize this same population for having fatherless families when daddy is in prison?
edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: ausername

Standing with my brothers. At least until they open fire then I would be running screaming like a girl or lying in a pool of my own blood and piss.

This is why I wish my more lefty leaning friends would respect firearms more and start buying them and learning how to use them.

One day it might be up to you to defend. As a member of the military and a combat veteran I can assure you that picket signs are no match for a match grade .308 out of a SASS M110 sniper rifle.

Get a gun. Get trained. Stay informed. I don't care what you believe in. If the government and the jackbooted cops are going to start killing you for it, you should at least guarantee yourself a fighting chance.

I read you wrong, sorry about that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Extensively but not exclusively. A lot can be done with a simple molitov cocktail or bleach and ammonia with a favorable wind.

A gun can keep you alive, but tactics win wars.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What makes you think they protect me as I've said before I have been a victim of crime from both sides of this paradigm, I have been a victim of crime committed by criminals, and a victim of crime by police, I don't trust either one of them. You assume that I prefer crime committed against me by police as opposed to crime committed against me by criminals, I prefer crime not be committed against me at all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join