It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm starting a new thread, with some of the tweets coming in from Ferguson right now. By several reports from local politicians, reporters, and others on the scene, over 50 people have been arrested with a massive SWAT presence on the streets. Police are telling peaceful protestors to leave the area.

Update: Several reports of social media blockages have started at about midnight Ferguson time. Twitter appears to have shut down the #ferguson hashtag. Users are reporting FaceBook is doing the same. In come cases, it seems to depend on your Internet provider.
St. Louis News is switching reporting to the #frgsn hashtag to get around the blockages.

Several Twitter users posting various angles of this. The cop on a loud speaker is telling people that it's not an option for them to NOT leave the area.

Apparently 50 people arrested so far.
edit on 13-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
An army in Ferguson tonight

Tweeted by journalist Eli Yokley.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Via Instagram of Antonio French, Alderman of the @21stWard in St. Louis

Things getting tense at protest in #Ferguson right now

Tweeted by HuffingtonPost justice reporter, Ryan J. Reilly.

Officer won't answer my question about why this is needed.

Also this Vine from Reilly:

A massive SWAT team just showed up to peaceful demonstration in #ferguson

Police started arresting people, ordering everyone to disperse. I saw no violence from protesters.

Tweeted from the Twitter account of the local FoxNews affiliate. Caption:
The #STL SWAT team has weapons drawn in #Ferguson at a protest in broad daylight with media attending.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Tweeted by HuffingtonPost justice reporter, Ryan J. Reilly.

SWAT overlooks protestors in #Ferguson. They've all moved to sidewalk.

+40 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So they come to a protest with a machine gun on a tripod? Disgusting!

+23 more 
link   
Wow, this is really getting out if hand isn't it?

Do you think this will go down as one of those pivotal moments in US history?

Is this when people finally say enough?

+38 more 
link   
I don't want to muddy up your thread with my baseless opinion but honestly that type of presence gives me the sense they want to instil fear in people outside Ferguson as well.

And there's something about the way they are dressed that just doesn't seem typical at all. Hate to spew the police state/militarization cliche but just looking at the videos/photos coming out of there, they are being ordered to act in this manner, in a very methodical process.

The line between police and military seems almost blurred at this point with these police acting almost as if they are an occupying force ready to establish a front line for reinforcements or something

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Live Stream
Quality isn't very good. Be careful, there are some occasional bad words.

+33 more 
link   
I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Everyone please make note of the Active Denial systems on top of all of those vehicles, they aren't playing around, that's some advanced technology right there.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Im hearing around 200 protesters at the burnt out QT. Riot cops near by. Cops are telling to disperse.

live feed

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Perhaps they saw what happened in London in 2011 when the shooting of Mark Duggan by a police officer sparked mass rioting which was eventually quelled after a higher police presence was added. That said, how can people be not allowed to protest in the 'Land of the free'?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So just earlier today they were saying protest during the day not at night so we can get things under control.. and then at a peaceful protest during the day, they show up like that...scary times.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OMG. I'm beginning to think that some yahoo is not thinking about the possible rage from a next door city that is over 50% Black. If those weapons are used, all hell will break lose all over the place.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Police are advancing on the crowd right now. Forcing even media and reporters back. People screaming.

The live feed was just stopped just as a hand covered the camera.

While the huge police line advanced on the crowd, this is the makeup of the people they advanced upon:

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For those who have missed the news about the police shooting of Michael Brown here is a quick rundown.

The F.B.I. may be able to answer the many questions surrounding the death of Michael Brown, an 18-year-old black student from Ferguson, Mo., who was a few days from heading off to college when he was shot by a police officer on Saturday. The shooting of Mr. Brown, who was unarmed, led to three days of protest, some of it violent, and several tense confrontations between residents of the St. Louis suburban town of 21,000 and the police.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

I'm sure I will get flamed for this but this isn't the cause those gun loving militias show up for.
Well maybe if it was a different community doing it, if you catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Exactly why i said "i wonder"
It's a sad reality we live in

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i bet R.T covers this more than c.n.n

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join