It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
(post by ManBehindTheMask removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I'm well aware that we have a militarized police state in this country, I live in crook county just outside Chicago city limits and I have seen more crime from both sides of this fence than I care to remember. However I'm an keeping a cool head and waiting until we have viable evidence of this particular situation, before rushing to judgement.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Using weapons as a civilian, and as a combat veteran are two different things.

Look at the early days off our own revolution, the militias would often scatter after being fired on by the British.

It was only after some fundamental training ( and the French) that we turned the tide of war.

Training in unit formation is essential to having an effective fighting force.

I've fired a lot of different firearms, but taking a life is a hard thing for anyone to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Apparently, the militia in Mo has been paying attention.

Link

With Ferguson, Missouri practically under martial law, the Missouri Citizen’s Militia is NOW IN Ferguson to protect innocent Americans from the ‘tyrannical police state’ according to the linked facebook post from Aaron Penberthy. Missouri’s Militia was recently at Bundy Ranch.

Aaron Penberthy If peaceful protesters get fired upon, it is my duty to uphold the constitution Clay Martin. If innocent families are being attacked, I have no choice but as a human being to go defend.

That link is rather devoid of actual information that shows the Missouri militia(s) are in Ferguson or in route to Ferguson. It looks to be a if/then statement without actual action, but the headline reads "militia now in riot zone."

I'd like to see pictures of the militia(s) in Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I really had no idea it was getting this bad. Guns on tripods?????

I hope people are really careful.

Entire movements have been started over these kinds of issues.

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sorta kinda the same question some people here are asking...

Why aren’t libertarians talking about Ferguson?

I dont know yet that the libertarians want anarchy-like riots. I think libertarian, tea party, moderates and left leaning people all can agree our rights are being challenged on a daily basis with this being another fine example.

It may be we have two wrongs don't make a right here that is about to get more wrongs piling up on themselves! But from my constitution-alist point of view i say

Our best bet is to try to think what we should do if this was happening in our own community. This had better be to do the peaceful protest if we feel one is warranted. Certainly not the "they got to bring in the swat team" protest. If only people would read closely to just what the tea party/libertarians are saying, you will see the theme of "make challenges to the unconstitutional actions without violence or the (name your agency, and it could be many) get to use martial law".

We must use the rule of law to push back whenever anyone goes crazy no matter who it is that people suspect of committing the heinous act or "they" will bring in the tanks. When they do, they do so with their false conviction that they are absolutely right to violate our rights and ANYBODY daring to be standing in front of them MUST BE scum that can be wiped of the face of the Earth.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: ausername

Standing with my brothers. At least until they open fire then I would be running screaming like a girl or lying in a pool of my own blood and piss.

This is why I wish my more lefty leaning friends would respect firearms more and start buying them and learning how to use them.

One day it might be up to you to defend. As a member of the military and a combat veteran I can assure you that picket signs are no match for a match grade .308 out of a SASS M110 sniper rifle.

Get a gun. Get trained. Stay informed. I don't care what you believe in. If the government and the jackbooted cops are going to start killing you for it, you should at least guarantee yourself a fighting chance.

Now that's something we can fully agree on. Damned hippies.

I don't advocate instigating anything with firearms, only use for defense purposes/hunting. If someone starts something, I'll damn sure finish it.

link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Taking a life should always be a hard thing to do.. I hope I never have to, I hope its an experience I die never having known.

But better to know how to use a gun and have one on hand if the need arises then have no clue and no gun when someone is kicking down your door.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Agreed. I posted the militia members response to these stories on the next page to add more context to the situation. Not trying to spread disinfo or flame the situation.

I apologize if anyone believes that is the case.
edit on 8/13/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Vine coding in the machine, huh? Tres cool upgrade.

RE: Ferguson...if the police were protecting people/property, they might get some kind of support. Going after a group of mixed people (both racially and sexually) who are standing around in sandals seems like a waste of several million dollars of military surplus.

The best part: the cop saying, "Your rights are not being denied".

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
I wonder if there are any UN Troops there disguised as American Police.
They just need to point their guns and keep their mouths shut, nobody would know.
It would be easier for Battle Hardened Foreign Troops to cut down Americans, no guilt or sorrow to deal with.

Good question. Could explain the usage of Morse I picked up on scanners last night.... Before they went offline.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I can not believe the cops would up the ante in this way. What the hell are they thinking?

They are essentially forcing people to organise and develop new tactics. The next time they may find themselves walking into an ambush with other, unseen protesters, armed, waiting for the call to rally behind the cops and trap them between everyone, or, going from the previous comment about picking up the protest and moving a block or two away could draw the cops where ever the protesters wanted them to go.

I am not saying I would entirely disagree with the tactic since what is happening here is completely unacceptable, particularly in the USA. It just blows my mind that people are even remotely alright with a mounted machine gun being pointed at citizens conducting a peaceful protest.

Wow, just, Wow

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Its almost dark, they are trapped, let see what happens. The police have rounded up at 3 journalists in the area.

I have a bad feeling about this.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
LIVE FEED HERE

www.livestream.com...

link   
Here's another live stream. Looks likes it's getting pretty hot.

Live Stream

link   

originally posted by: Bassago
So anyway, where's Al Sharpton?

Didn't he stick around for this or did he just give his speech yesterday and run for the hills? He should be on the front lines here.

Nobody asked the question yet. I don't care where the
race baiters are now, or go. I care where the C.O. is of this
supposed military force INSIDE our country. Robot Death,
brought to you unannounced by whomever we choose.

Who called them in, and who's calling the shots?
The mayor-- the governor-- or the golfer?
How convenient there's no microphone telling us "If I
had a dead son, he'd look like Michael." Maybe the only PTB
dog in this fight is supposed to be handled from off-camera.

So let's get down to it.. where's the statutory authority
if nobody in a position of authority has declared it? You
trying to tell me these guys just showed up by themselves?

Maybe the people running this psyop have no intention
of exposing themselves at all until the job's done...
maybe not even afterward. The media pressure release
valve of a spokesman for this buildup is suspiciously
missing; and it smells like Fisherman's Wharf at low tide already.

Add to it everything getting blacked out or on the way.
Charming. I hope there's a cell inside the perimeter after
dark that will still broadcast-- but I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Just went and bought some more water for my infant if thecrap gets real around here. The clerk just told me that she heard people talking about possibly rioting in a town close by.

I live about 60 miles from the madness. I feel that one bad move can really turn this whole area upside down.

Not trying to fear monger here. I am only several blocks from a predominantly black community. People are concermed all around.

I put a few more gallons of gas in the van and I am going over my bug out plans/supplies. I don't wan't to be caught off guard.

Overeacting, I dont think so, people have been waiting for SHTF. This could be the catalyst.

Just sayin

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
An army in Ferguson tonight

Tweeted by journalist Eli Yokley.

Wow, just wow......O......K. That picture is enough to make George Orwell's third eye pucker tight. Fighting fire with fire has always worked well.

This story was written long ago and the pages remain the same.

link   
Just to let people know, Channel 4 KMOV in ST. Louis is having a talk show about the incidents. I believe it is live.

link   
a reply to: HauntWok

That is why seeking tactical rifle and pistol courses are so important.

Seek training. As much as possible. Make it muscle memory. When someone is trying to kill you their welfare should not be your top concern.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join