It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Enormous Underground Labyrinth Of Egypt Holds Secrets Kept From The Outside World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Can anyone shed any light on this story. It sounds very interesting if it is true.

The Labyrinth of Egypt has been described by a number of ancient writers such as Herodotus, Strabo, Diodorus, and Pliny. The labyrinth's age and ancient origins are unclear, but at the time of Herodotus' visit it was more than 1,300 years old.

The labyrinth is suppose to be massive containing about 3000 rooms some above the ground and some underground. The last recorded visit occurred some 2500 years ago by Herodotus. Who described he was was allowed to visit the upper chambers but not the lower.

In his writings, Herodotus described nearby pyramid to be at the corner of the labyrinth. This was the Hawara pyramid.

Reconstruction of the Egyptian labyrinth by Athanasius Kircher. Copperplate engraving (50X 41 cm) “Turris Babel Sive Archontologia”, Amsterdam 1679

When the Mataha Expedition scanned parts of the base area at Hawara in 2008 they found strong suggestion of complex chambers and walls several metres thick beneath the surface to considerable depth.

The findings of the research team confirmed that there were archaeological features to the south of the Hawara pyramid of Amenemhat III. The scannings showed vertical walls of an average thickness of several meters, which were connected to form quite a number of closed rooms.

Well it looks like they did find something and that something is rather large. Wether it is the labyrinth or not is still up for debate. But yu do have to question why they does not seem to be any more information about the sight released yet.

Read more: www.messagetoeagle.com...

purp

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

If I remember correctly some believe this is the true 'Hall of Records'.

For some reason when they found it the guy in charge of all the archeological finds and relics in Egypt would NOT allow anyone to dig in that area. I don't remember the reason he gave, but I do remember it was somewhat of a BS answer.

I'll try to find his name, he had a tv show on discovery for a season.

Zahi Hawass, again if I remember correctly he is the gatekeeper, he has final word for who does what and where in Egypt. He may have been replaced by now?

edit on 6/1/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

If I remember correctly some believe this is the true 'Hall of Records'.

For some reason when they found it the guy in charge of all the archeological finds and relics in Egypt would NOT allow anyone to dig in that area. I don't remember the reason he gave, but I do remember it was somewhat of a BS answer.

I'll try to find his name, he had a tv show on discovery for a season.

Zahi Hawass, again if I remember correctly he is the gatekeeper, he has final word for who does what and where in Egypt. He may have been replaced by now?

You are correct, it's Hawas. As I understand, he has halted many potential exciting discoveries in Egypt.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Thanks for that. I always thought the Hall of Records was under the right paw of the sphinx. I will have a little look into it

happy days

purp

+35 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ole Zahi wants HIS version of Egyptian history to be the official version....Hes an arrogant prig.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yep, theres a conspiracy around him that involves the American Research Center in Egypt, the Supreme Council of Antiquities, possible embezzlement, and even some ties with Edgar Cayce.

I can only hope that at some point in my lifetime, Egypt can be properly explored by people who actually want to dig these sites and make the discoveries public.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I'm pretty sure he's stopped all digs in this area because he is afraid of what might be found.
Hawass is a staunch, old school Egyptologist who gets paid huge money to keep the old theories going.

While most new evidence points to the Spinx and the pyramids being much older than standard theories,
He denies the evidence and continues to push the old school theories.

One day soon the truth will come out and this man will fade into history with all the other paid liars who put their career and their financial well being ahead of the truth.
I'm pretty sure they have already gone into the chambers under the Spinx and discovered something but he has shut down any further excavations and release of what was found.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

We can only hope that one day the Smithsonian and all of the other bogus misinformation and suppression entitys are gone.

We must come together and make it a Crime Against Humanity to intentionally misrepresent or hinder the knowledge sharing about Humanitys History.

Just correcting history is not enough,there must be a Consorteum of countries willing to PROSECUTE Academics and professionals who intentionally screw Humanity and interfere with or hide or suppress the truths ever Human has birthright o share in equally.

You must first seperate Religon and Academia and Archeology ,for there is only one stakeholder out of those 3 that needs to keep the truth from Humanity,the One True History which all of Humanity has a Birthright to know about.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It was said to've been used as a refuge during the last civilisation extinction event, nice to see a drawing of it although I doubt it being real.

That room under the Sphinx' feet was just one space. Somewhere read that it was entered a few years ago...but who why how and with what results...? There's tight barriers around the old Egyptian secrets, protecting? Depends on if you think humanity can cope with the truth...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Richardus

You now see the conendrum dont you?

If the truth says there is a Cataclysmic Global Event fast approaching,and everyone knows,will anyone work to progress beyond their pre-determined existance as per this Global Destruction?

If Humanitys survival every time this Event rolls around is really RANDOM and based on NUMBERS SPREAD GLOBALLY then COULD you even tell the truth outside of places like this?

Not if PURE FAST POPULATION GROWTH AT ALL COSTS TO THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT was PARAMOUNT to the SPECIES survival,and certainly you wouldnt worry about the environment if you knew it was about to be completely re-arranged chaoticlly regardless to what you did or did not do.

What if your overall intentions were to PRESERVE THE SPECIES and to do so you needed to inspire Population growth as your Primary driver?What if this meant not providing optimal care and support of a few people but encouraging mass births and mass growth,even if this meant that there was uncontrolled birthrate in places where the people were suffering and starving to death,as long as the birth rate kept over-all Global numbers high enough to give Humanity a numbers advantage in the life and death Sweepstakes that life on Earth happens to be made up of.

I mean blogging or posting in places like this is one thing,but could you write books and go on TV and spread the word Globally in good conscience?

The truth is a burden,and as odd as it sounds it is right there in front of all of us and always has been,through all of the suppressions it has remained as clear and strong as always.

Yes it looks like there were many places on Earth where Humanity dug in and deep to survive something overwhelming.

Its all a part of the truth everyone is seeking,and the proof exists all around us Globally.

It is what TPTB are doing today as we speak.

Yes Hawass and the Smithsonian and the Vatican and ALL Major Museums and Universitys secret Societys ect COLLECTIVELY SUPPRESS much of Humanitys true history.

Now ask yourself exactly why they would do this?

It takes a high % of GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN energy and resources to suppress this One True History of Humanity Globally.

Why would TPTB do this????

Sometimes it is easier to feed the Black Wolf because it will eat anything good or bad and it is harder to feed the White Wolf because it is picky and only eats the good things you feed it.

In the most incredible and absolutely unbelievable ways TPTB have not been doing what everyone thinks they have been doing,my own perspective has swung a full 360 degrees.

When one considers the totality of the One True History we can find if we open our minds wide enough to learn it ,one is faced with the reality that those Ancient Cultures were making SOCIETAL EFFORTS to build underground shelters to provide for the Species survival.

Once again ,today Rich people,Industry and Governments are all building massive underground shelters.

There is a commonality there.

Survivors write History,the One True History of Humanity which spawned ALL religons today was written by SURVIVORS.From the PERSPECTIVE of SURVIVORS.

It seems like some people are getting ready to write History once again sometime in the very near future.

Maybe it is a good time to live in Egypt or close to another massive Ancient underground shelter? The tickets in might be a lot cheaper than the ones you will need to get into the D.U.M.B.S. being built as we speak.

Dont panic, because Natures Life-Lotto is no different than any other lottery,you might build a D.U.M.B. thinking more tickets will give you a better chance but the odds are 6+ billion to one.Your single Ticket if you are prepared gives you the chance your Birthright bought you.

It is the action of being unprepared which removes you from this Life-Lotto and Humanity as a Species requires as many Tickets as it can buy.

Egypt has a Humanitarian responsibility to release their Human History findings to the World.That data is the Birthright of every Human alive today and CANNOT JUSTIFIABLY BE SUPPRESSED.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

I'm pretty sure he's stopped all digs in this area because he is afraid of what might be found.
Hawass is a staunch, old school Egyptologist who gets paid huge money to keep the old theories going.

Hawass is not in charge. Hasn't been for some time.
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 6/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Hawass's interim replacement is fellow Egyptologist/university professor Abdel-Fattah el-Banna.
www.theglobeandmail.com...

This is pretty weird. Above article is dated Monday, Jul. 18 2011 but see this article dated 07/20/11 : observer.com...

Mr. Hawass tells The Art Newspaper that Egyptian prime minister Essam Sharaf asked him to return to work, after his proposed replacement, Abdel Fatah al-Banna, withdrew his nomination on Monday.

and then there's Wikipedia, who claims Mohamed Ibrahim Ali al-Sayed is the current Minister of Antiquities with a source somewhat more recent, Saturday 1 Mar 2014 english.ahram.org.eg...

An even earlier source claiming Mohamed Ibrahim Ali al-Sayed as the current Antiquities' Minster, half July 2013 www.egyptindependent.com...

edit on 1-6-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Not anymore he was fired and replaced by Mohammed Said. As far a any final word I would suspect the Egyptian Army has the last word. They own and run so much infrastructure which they depend on for an income.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There is a freely available paper available written on this subject, I do not know if there is any more useful or current information though, this is from around 14 years ago so I wonder what other work may have been done for a 3d model.
The paper does have some good information and background history that you may find useful.
Work to restore what is left to a 3d model

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Regarding the suppression of our true history, from whomever's government I give a quote.

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." - Martin Luther King Jr.

We could speculate all day long what is the reasoning for this, other than the 'official story'. At the end of the day, the focus needs to be on, how to we obtain what is rightfully ours.

The responsibility is on us, as a society to put an end to it all. I'm confident, they won't let it go without a fight, nonetheless it is a step that needs to be taken. For it seems most people rely on the government to self regulate, and make it 'just' for everyone. Where as, I believe it's upon the people to stop allowing the GOV to walk all over them. Time to dig in, and fight for whats rightfully belongs to society as a whole. Especially considering our mysterious ancient past.

Survivors write History,the One True History of Humanity which spawned ALL religons today was written by SURVIVORS.From the PERSPECTIVE of SURVIVORS.

It seems like some people are getting ready to write History once again sometime in the very near future.

With that being stated, it's a matter of time before this big event, whether man made or natural, is something everyone will have to deal with.

So timing indeed is important, if it doesn't happen sooner than later, it seems there's not much hope for those who don't have the rich and powerful connections.

Another thought, perhaps all the unjust around the world is part of the fabricated plan. So make society so fed up with the shenanigans taking place in GOV, that the population will rise up.

Resulting in the use of tech. that render crowds of people harmless. This is only an example of tech. that is currently KNOWN about, it's a frightening thought to think what they have, and aren't sharing.

The Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) is an acoustic hailing device and sonic weapon developed by LRAD Corporation to send messages, warnings, and harmful, pain inducing tones over longer distances than normal loudspeakers. LRAD systems have been used to counter piracy, as non-lethal crowd control weapons, and as communication devices.

Source

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ancient technology?

Looking at the engraving In you opening post. It seems to me that they might have been working with different parts of consciousness and mapping it out by building a labyrinth of rooms and doors. A virtual, virtual reality with themed rooms to recreate/evoke experiences.

Funnily enough this video...
(listen while studying the labyrinth above)

...Could explain how It might have been used.

www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk...

Now that looks like a computer chip!

edit on 1-6-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Them being in DUMBs aren't giving them a green ticket to survival. When the earth opens up due to their fracking exploits, they will be going first. IJS.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Read a report not long ago that there was an entrance to a subteranean "world" beneath the Giza Plateu acessible from one of the Great Pyramids.

Supposedly this underground world is "massive" in size and scope and much older than the pyramids themselves.

Remember, many say that Northern Africa used to be mild, wet in climate.

What if? What if the legend of Noah and the world flood originated from people running underground to these "chambers" to survive a clataclysmic event?

I still beleive we originated from Mars, left Mars because of War/Natural disaster and started again in Giza when we landed here.

You;d seriously think that if there was any credence to any of this, you'd have Special Forces in there asap lookinf for any possible hidden technologies or ancient weapons/knowledge. It;d be stupid from a governments perspective to not investigate any of this.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I remember Graham Hancock PLEADING for people to contact the Egyptian government and complain about what was happening.
He said tests had discovered

An underground entrance beneath the feet of the sphinx. That the ancients described such an entrance and that it was guarded by something large and made of metal. The tests showed that the entrance did indeed have something large and made of metal within it!
He said that the Zahi Hawass had sold the excavation rights to two American tv companies who had EXCLUSIVE rights. That the entire excavation was going to be carried out in secret. This meant that the world would NEVER be able to know the truth of what was found.
It was shortly after Hancocks plea that Hawass was replaced.

Will we ever really know? Will we know what they tell us is the truth? That was Hancocks main concern, he was right to demand any excavation should be done under the full gaze of the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
Yeah, I can see it now:

Dear Sir,
It has come to my attention that Graham Hancock does not like the way you are doing things. I wish to file a complaint.

Signed,
Concerned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join