It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the "L" word with regards to chemtrails.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Im not defending anything with silly data, im proving wrong the silly principle of the op with hard data opposed to big words and attacks from you people but nothing remotely close to logic

Prove longevity can sustain a population with out fertility rate of 2

if longevity cannot sustain a population without TFR of 2 or above how it controls population

Deny ignorance is not the motto around here?
edit on 12-5-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Could you please quote when i said chemtrails is the cause of population control? do you know what the pill does right? its so simple but chemtrails is all you see, op is wrong an increase in life spam is not prove of the lack of population growth control, fertility rate is the parameter that controls it.

I didn't mention you and chemtrail in the same sentence.

I addressed fertility rate and education (and yes that includes lower education also, informing kids about birth control).

Though, life "spam" does have relevance since the chemtrail proponent's belief that "they are trying to kill us all" is not supported by life expectancy figures.
edit on 5/12/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Though, life "spam" does have relevance since the belief that "they are trying to kill us all"

2. It’s for population control. (they are trying to kill us all) Logic- a simple search proves that we are living longer than ever before and almost every year, the longevity increases. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

population control is the practice of artificially altering the rate of growth of a human population.

Straw man

Population control =/= kill us all, where is the logic in a fallacy?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Ok them, if you think longevity is such a factor prove you can sustain a population without at least a 2 in fertility rate

Ok them, if you think longevity is such a factor prove you can sustain a population without at least a 2 in fertility rate

Where has that become the point of the OP's claim that chemtrails are NOT killing off the population??

You are stuck trying to prove /disprove something that isn't related to the OP's argument against chemtrails being the cause of anything population related.

It almost seems like you are trying to respond to the chemtrailers thinking on this and not the OP's response to it. (or an off-topic discussion about population sustainability not related to the OP at all)

BTW I realize you may not be an English speaker, so there may be some simple misunderstandings of what is being said.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I think you missed the point by a few thousand miles.

The very simple question I asked has yet to be answered.

Do people generally live longer today then they did in 1950?

Please answer that with a YES or NO. It really is that simple.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Fair enough.

I may have come off as a little intense but I guess I was just ranting. He has an opinion and i respect that. Non-Belivers as well but I have heard everything about it, from my side and the other, and It frustrates me how I don't have anything to back up what I believe in. Kinda reminds me of the HAARP thing. not to change the subject. But its in the same kind of ballpark Chemtrails and HAARP?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

OP Point use logic.

OP logic there is not population control due to we live longer.

Population control definition

population control is the practice of artificially altering the rate of growth of a human population.

population is not controlled by longevity of the members, logic fail.

Use logic and dont ask others to use, spin on it all you like

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

living longer is not related to population control, can you see that yes or not?
edit on 12-5-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

the Chemtrails debate will never end. we might as well take a poll on ATS to see who believes in them and who doesn't. because I'm curious who else agrees. I'm not crazy either by the way, I just have faith in my belief of them. I guess that all i do have for now. nd i know there is nothing i can do about chemtrails, but I know in my head that its probable. and thats all that matters. Thanks again OP

I'd like a poll on the issue.

But I like to discuss this topic because it's a challenge to try to bring someone to my side. It's pointless, I know that. It doesn't matter if all of ATS believes in Bigfoot personally spraying these chemtrails. I just like the challenge. I do cheat a bit having science on my side, but at least I acknowledge that.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

living longer is not related to population control, can you see that yes or not?

If chemtrails were real, and their purpose was to control the population, or reduce it as it were, then yes, I think it would make people sick and die early, or perhaps he sterile.

But, as all the data shows, people live longer today, then they did in 1950. So if there is something being sprayed on them to do harm, it's not working, in fact, it's helping. That is the point.

Back in the early 1900's and late 1800's people would have lots of kids so they would have lots of help on the farm. And you could smack some sense into them back then so they would usually behave. But today, people are having much less children. They don't need a large labor force as farming has declined. And since you cannot jerk a knot in a misbehaving child's rear end like you could, having misbehaving kids is also frowned upon.

Now, is it even remotely possible that could answer my original question to you?

edit to add: no in answer to your question.
edit on 12-5-2014 by network dude because: chemtrails are fantasy.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

OP Point use logic.

You seemed to have missed the additional line about chemtrailers think they are trying to kill us all.
"Population control" is often used in the sense that there is a deliberate reduction in the population.
For example, population control of an animal species that has over-run an area because of it's large numbers.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

OP Point use logic.

I have been responding to you (way more than necessary) about your comments on fertility rates mainly and why they are down.

Fertility rate is not something the OP mentioned BTW, soo...

OP said:

2. It’s for population control. (they are trying to kill us all)

Logic- a simple search proves that we are living longer than ever before and almost every year, the longevity increases.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Look it seems you all dont care about logic at all so ill just abandon all hope, I truly had the naive notion you wanted to know the truth, you just care for saying no chemtrails, because x. x is not logic just because you say so, in this case from 4 points i see flaws in 3, you dont want to acknowledge your fails, ok, dont believe your stance is better than a believer of chemtrails.

I said yes of course we live longer, i said it the first time you asked, the problem is you use a fallacy since the op, you are not arguing population control, which is something well defined, you are arguing if they are killing us or not and replacing it with population control, a straw man attacking an argument to prove wrong another, Killing us is not population control, killing us is killing us. population control is modifying the rate as we are replaced, for someone that claims science is on his side, you should know you need to be very careful with what you say.

Now you say you meant all along killing us as what you say, but at the same time dont want to see if what i said is true or not

i answer you, yes we live longer, now you say population control=living longer? again population control is something very well defined so say you made a very big mistake or just accept you tried to pass a fallacy in the making of your 'logic' statement.

Semantics? in science there is not such thing by the way there is clear concepts or its not science.

Also people should stop reacting to what i say as its pro chemtrail and just see what i say, dont dodge the question

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If chem-trails are real, they are the most idiotic thing anyone has ever created. We all breath the same air. What sense does it make to try and poison some people. We all get the dose in the end. Why do I keep getting the feeling that humans are not responsible for this. There could be "others" at work on our planet. Why poison yourself is my biggest question. Something isn't adding up.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

i answer you, yes we live longer, now you say population control=living longer?

Also people should stop reacting to what i say as its pro chemtrail and just see what i say,

People are reacting to your comments on the population (which is your main focus), not saying you are pro-chemtrail.

To add;
Ok, I know this was not a reply to me, but this plainly shows me that the English/(whatever other) language barrier is an issue here.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

killing us all is not population control in any language, oh and

I have been responding to you (way more than necessary)

no one is forcing you

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, what language DO you speak?

There are some subtleties and some "short-hand" in what we mean in phrases that English speakers (Americans at least) use...as any other language does.

There is also, of course, sometimes hyperbole used in conjunction with other phrases that, when taken in context of the language's idioms, make sense.
Often that doesn't translate well to other languages.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There is also fallacies like

The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

Person 1 has position X.
Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y. The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:
Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position.
Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions (see fallacy of quoting out of context).
Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then denying that person's arguments—thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.
Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.

In this case x= population control by chemtrails and Y= killing us all, but hey i'm not network dude neither you are so i dont see why you answer for him

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

but hey i'm not network dude neither you are so i dont see why you answer for him

Good grief.

It wasn't "For" him.

*sigh*

The straw man fallacy outlined above might also be looked at as being used by you. I suspect by misunderstanding.

But now I remember why I stopped posting in chemtrail threads (and doubly why I try to avoid convo's across languages -- like Spanish just as a weird "guess").

Have "fun".

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

There is a better than average chance that I don't know what the hell I am talking about. So I accept that right off the bat. But, in my view on what population control is (with regards to chemtrails) is reducing the amount of people on the planet. Killing people by spraying them with bad juice. Deadly toxins as I have heard them called. Now, knowing that, if people in general are in fact not dying off, but living longer than they ever have, I submit that whatever is being sprayed on them surely isn't killing them, but helping them. (if anything is being sprayed)

Please don't get too much sand in there, it can be quite uncomfortable.

And don't puss out and run away. I may be wrong on this, but at this time, I don't see it. So perhaps you could do a better job of explaining why my understanding of population control is incorrect.

Remember, the chemtrail phenomenon is only said to have started in 1990. Or 4 years ago, depending on whom you ask. So the only numbers that really matter in this are the last 25 years. (with regards to chemtrails)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join