It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL COST of OBAMACARE given to me by the Insurance Company!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Guess what?
On my bronze plan \, with BCBS, that $5000 you pay yearly wouldn't even cover your deductible.
And, that also would not take into account your monthly premiums.

The only things you get for your premiums are certain preventative services, such as an annual mammogram, a colonoscopy, a physical.
No drugs.

And if you think the premiums are high now, wait until next year.
They will go up for everyone...and they will go up each year, every year.

And, I believe most employee plans will also be facing premium increases and benefits decreases as exemptions expire.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Need proof about death panels?

"Not everyone can live!!" - Kathleen Death Panel Sabelius when reporter ask why she didn't sign waiver for 12 year old Carrie Stevens to receive adult lung transplant.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Where are all the Obamacare Apologists now?

They probably have to work on Sunday to pay for their new Healthcare plan.

This thing has just begun to be exposed. Just wait.

I now have to pee in a cup every other month. Then I get charged $616.00.

They not only analyse what is in your urine. They test to see if you ran out of medicine.

The Doctors hate it. The more I deal with it, the more I hate it.

This is done to make single payer look more attractive....It's working.

And every woman that goes to the ER must have a default urine pregnancy test. I had a hysterectomy and it is in my medical files, but they keep insisting on giving me a pregnancy test. Even after I tell them verbally that I had a hysterectomy, they still insist.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

The numbers are exactly correct. In CA my husband had insurance that was in the $400 range, we could no longer afford it so dropped it, now the insurance he got through obamacare is the same policy but $800, somehow the State is going to be paying most of that...how can that be for the two of us the bankrupt state will be paying around $1600 a month and this is with a $5,000 deductible.

The Drs allowed are few and there are none in our area the whole thing is just sad.
It looks like the whole thing is to give money to the insurance companies.

edit on 11-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am not for or against Obama care but after reading this it is obvious a majority of you did not and still do not understand Obama care and how it works or what it is suppose to do cost wise.

First, it was never intended to lower health care premium costs for wealthier Americans. Wealthier Americans are to subsidize poor Americans by paying more than the poor Americans. So if your a wealthier American, (generaly anyone with a job and not taking food stamps, disability, Early Social security, Unemployment etc..) you are to subsidize those who are.

The goal of Obama Care in part is to get those poor people some form health care, and to stop those poor from going to Emergency Rooms for a cold, where a trip there for a cold might cost thousands versus going to a normal doctor for their cold might cost 120.00.

These poor people going to the emergency room for $1000 dollar cold causes the general cost of health care to be more expensive because the government and hospitals have to pay or lose that $1000 because the poor who went there will never pay it. This makes the hospital charge more to those who "can pay" to defray those losses cause by the poor and many illegal immigrants from abusing the system.

Now Obama care goal is to bring more people into the overall health systems as payers and have the wealthier Payers pay a bit more.

Once Obama care is fully implemented and most people are on it...there will be more money in the system and poor people and illegals wont have to go to the emergency room for a cold. Once everyone is in the Health care insurance system no one has to abuse the system by not paying their costs because everyone will then have insurance. Then costs will come down as everyone will be a payer of some sort. Except some % of people will be so poor they will get free insurance but then the hospitals will still get paid for their services and none will need to abuse the system by going to emergency room for a cold.

Now you may no know it but Emergency rooms have to evaluate everyone who come in those emergency room doors. That is why I use it as an example of one reason why ACA could help reduce costs in long run.

Another misunderstanding many of you have is that ACA will reduce medical costs... well medical care costs have been exploding and increasing exponentially and they will continue to do so just like everything else does. ACA is only designed to slow that increase but not likely ever retard it or reverse it. ACA is only currently designed to slow the cost rise not stop it or lower it.

When you read that ACA is supposed to lower costs what they mean is without the ACA healthcare would cost a lot more 10 year from now than it will now that the ACA is here to slow that down.

So many Americans thought it would be a good idea to make sure all Americans have good healthcare insurance. What they did not get is that if they were in the working class that the ACA would consider most of you except for the poorest of the poor working poor as wealthier than others. You are in fact wealthier than some if you are working after all.

Now I cannot say if the ACA will work once it matures and is all up and running. I can say it will need to be modified and changed to work and we wont be able to do that if there is a Majority of Tea Party types filling republican seats in congress and Senate. It is obvious the law must be changed on some respects to work best for us but you cant do that when one party is completely unwilling to do anything at all to modify it cause they have a total hatred for it and the sitting President.

No the ACA was not meant to lower your insurance cost if you work. It was meant for us workers to subsidize the poor, so they could have insurance and in the long term slow the cost of the ever increasing health care costs.

It probably will do that by the way but it wont be something you really notice if you had health care and are a worker. In fact you will likely be paying more for your insurance if your a worker. The only solace for you is that you could decide to be proud that you live in a country that is now going to help it's poorest people get decent healthcare.

Will it all work? No way to know but looks good on paper. I say vote for people who are reasonable and will to improve and fix laws rather than obstruct them cause if we don't do that those who obstruct may actually end up driving your cost higher by preventing our government from making changes to that law they will likely be needed over time.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Will it all work? No way to know but looks good on paper.

I say vote for people who are reasonable and will to improve and fix laws rather than obstruct them cause if we don't do that those who obstruct may actually end up driving your cost higher by preventing our government from making changes to that law they will likely be needed over time.

It looks good on paper? Have you read the bill?

Many of us would like to know how you came to that conclusion. In my opinion, it is a nightmare on paper.

The voting system in the US is rigged, as long as we have a 2-party system we will never be able to vote in reasonable people.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is too bad a single payer system could not of been worked out, affordable and profit, in terms of health care are 2 words that do not go together..something was needed but this is a real piece of crap for sure

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

So if your a wealthier American, (generaly anyone with a job and not taking food stamps, disability, Early Social security, Unemployment etc..) you are to subsidize those who are.

This was already true as those were getting Medicare and such.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

So if your a wealthier American, (generaly anyone with a job and not taking food stamps, disability, Early Social security, Unemployment etc..) you are to subsidize those who are.

And after June 1, those who are getting $960 in Social Security will no longer be eligible for Indiana Medicaid. How is that going to work out for those who will now have to pay higher premiums and lose their in-home health care services? No one wants to address how the elderly are going to be affected.

Let's say this, some is getting $960, now they have to pay the premium which may be as high as $200. Now that person has to live on $760 per month and no longer be eligible for food stamps.

That person lives in a subsidized rental arrangement. HUD doesn't look at the $760, but the $960. The person's rent goes up, but their actual cost for living is lower. Let's say $300 pays for rent.

That person now has $460 for an entire month. That means they can no longer afford car payments to get the to doctor's appointments, they cannot afford the car insurance for the car and they cannot afford the gasoline to put in their car. For those pushing Obamacare, have you really thought about who it is really affecting and can you live on this amount?

Let's say that food costs $200 a month, so you have an elderly person who had paid into the system their whole working life can now no longer get adequate health care treatments because they are subsidizing those who make $959 a month?

That one dollar makes a huge difference.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
It is too bad a single payer system could not of been worked out, affordable and profit, in terms of health care are 2 words that do not go together..something was needed but this is a real piece of crap for sure

Rest assured, we'll get there. The people will demand it and it will happen. At least now we're actually debating the issue as we work out the kinks in the ACA and I'm confident that before it's all said and done, the vast majority of americans will come to the realization that not-for-profit single-payer is the only way to go and we'll demand it.

Actually, I think one of the reasons that President Obama decided to delay certain aspects of the ACA was driven by his hope that we would come to that realization and begin addressing the problem prior to their implementation.

For some strange reason,
our politicians have a really hard time standing up to the private, for-profit, healthcare insurance lobby, not to mention the pharmaceutical lobby. This is precisely why Hillary couldn't get it done when she tried as First Lady.

Furthermore, very few things when first created, come out perfect. We wouldn't have Lincoln Continentals today if we hadn't first started off making the "Model A" and like the automobile, nationalized healthcare will get better with time. The same was true for Medicare, it wasn't anywhere near the program it is today when it was first created.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Char-Lee

And after June 1, those who are getting $960 in Social Security will no longer be eligible for Indiana Medicaid. How is that going to work out for those who will now have to pay higher premiums and lose their in-home health care services? No one wants to address how the elderly are going to be affected.

Let's say this, some is getting $960, now they have to pay the premium which may be as high as $200. Now that person has to live on $760 per month and no longer be eligible for food stamps.

That person lives in a subsidized rental arrangement. HUD doesn't look at the $760, but the $960. The person's rent goes up, but their actual cost for living is lower. Let's say $300 pays for rent.

That person now has $460 for an entire month. That means they can no longer afford car payments to get the to doctor's appointments, they cannot afford the car insurance for the car and they cannot afford the gasoline to put in their car. For those pushing Obamacare, have you really thought about who it is really affecting and can you live on this amount?

Let's say that food costs $200 a month, so you have an elderly person who had paid into the system their whole working life can now no longer get adequate health care treatments because they are subsidizing those who make $959 a month?

That one dollar makes a huge difference.

I think this particular scenario you're describing in Indiana has a lot more to do with the fact that Indiana's GOP controlled legislature has chosen NOT to accept the Medicaid expansion offered under the ACA.

ObamaCare didn't do this to those people, there own state legislature did! The very same way the idiots currently occupying our statehouse here in Texas are doing and it's going to come back to bite them right in the ass.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They don't call them death panels. I forgot the name of it. But resources will be reserved to an organization that will be in change with who gets the treatments.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

That's funny, because Indiana voted for Obamacare because Indiana was so enamored of the man. You should hear what the people all were saying about why to vote for Obama.

And I was victim of two instances of voter registration fraud, by guess who...the local Democratic party. This is how it went down. When I moved to Indiana from Ohio, I registered to vote, but guess who was doing the registering? You got it, the Democratic party. So I register, right? In one of those voter registration drives they are always doing.

I fill out all the paperwork and present my new ID and everything. Right, so I am done with this, the man doing the registration then asks me if I am going to vote Democrat. I say no, I am Democrat and not voting Democrat. He turns around and throws my registration away.

Then I try to register again. This time two ladies from the Democrat party knock on my door (I live in building funded by HUD for disabled), they inform me that they would like to know if I registered, I said yet, then they bluntly ask me to vote for the Democratic party. They first said my registration had been received and that's why they were there, after me telling them no, they then inform me my registration is invalid.

Then I try again, at the Medicaid office. Fine, no problem. But when I go to vote, they tell me my registration is only valid for Ohio and I did not get to vote in the county I live in.

Yes, Obama won Indiana, through a lot of slick talk and hot air and not one single apology from the Democratic party for not taking my registration to the Board of Elections, and this happened to a lot of people all over the United States. So how am I going to trust Obamacare after they threw my voter registration under the bus?

Indiana's big mistake was not that they did not extend Medicaid, but allowing the man into office. And all these people who were screaming for Obamacare, are now scratching their heads wondering where they went wrong.

edit on 5/11/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I beg to differ. Doubling someone's premium is NOT asking them to pay a bit more.

Basically, what Obamacare did was slap the so-called wealthy Americans with what amounts to a 2nd mortgage to pay for a junk policy that we will never be able to afford to use because after paying for the premium, who can still afford to pay for the services out of pocket until the sky-high deductible is covered? No one, that's who (assuming you can find a doctor to see you).

All of this so that people who already get a ton of social safety net services can now enjoy having a doctor paid for by our new 2nd mortgages.

If I do not go full-time by the end of this year and my husband's company drops health care, we won't be able to afford Obamacare. If I do go full-time, the only benefit we'll enjoy out of it is that I will simply be a health insurance mule/slave. All out income from my job will only pay that and nothing else. And then we have to hope we can realize some service out of it. We already know we'll lose our family doctor of a decade.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

They don't call them death panels. I forgot the name of it. But resources will be reserved to an organization that will be in change with who gets the treatments.

It's the IPAB. They will decide what treatments go with what disorders and part of that equation will be cost effectiveness. There will actually be punishments to Obamacare doctors who refuse to follow the recommendations.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Oh, goody, because I can't wait for the very same government who screwed it up as badly as it is to come in and "fix it" some more.

But, hey, until they take over the whole thing, they can't put us all on the super secret waiting lists like the VA has.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Welcome to sharing the wealth...Obama style! And you will never hear a peep about this from the head asshole. He took your money people...for nothing. Just so he could call this abortion his own. Fry the dems in the upcoming elections. If for no other reason, to tell them to f-off. Oh, and by the way, can we finally bury Pelozi? Shes starting to stink up the place.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

WOW! I have to every time I go in. However, after a few years the doctor put me on 3 month cycle. It used to be monthly, the 2 months, and 3 now is the max. But I reached a maintenance point. I have been on opioid therapy for 23 years now. After being shot, and the car wreck the amount of meds increased, but not changed. I never let my meds go anywhere and they are locked in a safe.

What I meant to say is that I pay $135 a visit and that included the drug testing. They do a on the spot test and also send it to a lab. Here is the crazy thing. My doc told the labs when they were trying to sign him up that they would have to do the cash patients lab work for free because he has so many patients on insurance that they make enough money. One lab signed the contract. And I got billed for the lab work the first couple of times and the doc said tear it up I will handle it. The bill was $400 every time! I don't get them any longer and no bills either. So, my doc has done a lot to help me.

I made a deal when the ACA first passed with him. I told him I didn't care what happened to insurance and this take over, but we made a deal that he would accept cash for my visits. And that is one of the ways I have kept my out of pocket health care down to a manageable $5,000 a year. The docs tell me with my history and records that they have zero issues with giving me what I take. It would be an EPIC DISASTER for my life if somehow regulations were to knock me out of pain management as I wouldn't be able to work. But, I don't see how that could happen as I am in the top 2% in the country for injuries, surgeries, and severe chronic pain so my doctors tell me. It is just what was affected. It is scary as heck though.

I take some of the most powerful meds out there. Now, I have come down quite a ways too. They used to give me morphine, demerol, and phenergan in vials for shots. It was the only way. Those days it would knock me slap out for 12 hours. No more. I am so used to them now it just lowers the pain and little other effects.

That is something that people don't realize. If you are in severe pain, the meds help the pain, but you really don't get a bad effect from it that messes up you senses. (yikes) But, people that take them that don't have pain or much pain get high off of them. And that is the major difference in the problem surrounding pain management in my opinion. Not to mention they blame the pain meds, but over-prescribe the meds like xanax and klonipin and they are the ones which will cause you a real problem if you are not careful. I have seen people that say methadone doesn't do anything for me. Well, that is total BS. It is the longest lasting and one of the more effective pain meds used out there. However, it doesn't get you the bad effect others do. So, when someone says that I know right then they are after meds for nefarious purposes.

You guys got me in a near panic state over problems if I lose pain management!

ETA: I have to pee too every visit. You have to have the meds they give you in your system and nothing else.

edit on 11/5/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes I know. I canceled it because I would STILL be paying out of pocket and just adding another $367/mo. and not receive anything for it. My new truck payment is only a little more. I can't afford to do both insurance and pay for pain management.
The ACA is a hijack of 20% of the economy. Thew whole thing is way out of control compared to what was sold to everyone. Sad state of the Union.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The healthcare act was a gift to investors that own healthcare companies and use the premiums to invest in oil driving up prices at the pump too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join