It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL COST of OBAMACARE given to me by the Insurance Company!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I had signed up for a policy with an insurance provider in Florida. I canceled it, but not before they sent me the contract and documents in the mail. They sent it on a USB drive. Anyway, I was looking through them and there was a section on the impact of the ACA on Health Insurance Plans issued by this insurance company. I had to grab a screen shot and bring it here because it was shocking to me what lies have been told to the American people about the ACA going to reduce premiums by $2,500 per family.

Here is the companies claim on what the cost of plans were before and now that the federal law past"

There isn't much to say after seeing this chart. It was an absolute lie what was said about this massive and hated law.
And it was put out right there in the policy documents the insurance company sent. They aren't even trying to hide it!

edit on 10/5/14 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Some states will fare better than others, but yes, it's obvious the ACA will increase healthcare costs. That is why the Governent is cutting back on reimbursements. My hospital is losing around $150 MILLION per year.

ETA: I am a quasi state employee and have access to the state healthcare plan, which did not change at all really.
edit on 10-5-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
"Democratic self-government does not work, according to Plato, because ordinary people have not learned how to run the ship of state. They are not familiar enough with such things as economics, military strategy, conditions in other countries, or the confusing intricacies of law and ethics. They are also not inclined to acquire such knowledge. The effort and self-discipline required for serious study is not something most people enjoy. In their ignorance they tend to vote for politicians who beguile them with appearances and nebulous talk, and they inevitably find themselves at the mercy of administrations and conditions over which they have no control because they do not understand what is happening around them. They are guided by unreliable emotions more than by careful analysis, and they are lured into adventurous wars and victimized by costly defeats that could have been entirely avoided."

- Frostburg University, Plato: The failure of Democracy - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

+9 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If pre-existing conditions are not a factor, then neither should be a persons age...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hope it hurts the liberal losers who voted for the bum the most. I hope they can't afford it and suffer...after all,they brought it upon themselves.

+25 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

--Sits quietly waiting for apologies from all the dbags who told me premiums would go down under Obamacare and that believing otherwise made me a conspiracy theorist and right wing idio-tard.--

Funny how those people have all sunk into the woodwork now that they've been so obviously proven wrong. I can't tell you how many times I was insulted (not on ATS) for not being an Obamacare cheerleader.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

That is why the American form of Government has specific checks in place for those concerns, and we are not a Democracy, rather a Constitutional Republic.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand though.
edit on 10-5-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No wonder they stuck with calling it Obamacare all the time instead of sticking to "The Affordable Healthcare Act". That's probably the biggest oxymoron in the history of oxymorons. I know it ranks right up there with the biggest pile of shiite ever foisted upon the American people as well.

Aren't we all real proud of how many folks will be able to afford healthcare now?

I couldn't afford insurance before Obamacare. I damn sure can't afford it now. It cost a wee bit more than my $30 cellphone bill.
edit on 5/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

That's about the size of it OP... The link below will let you search any state or county by age, plan level or company of issue for those same base rates.

QHP Individual Medical Landscape

That will also allow you to download it in Excel and I believe straight CSV format. So you can get it to display in different and more meaningful ways for the patterns between states and around the nation. The patterns themselves are telling in some ways.

You're right though...The idea this would be cheap is absurd and those are just base rates on the figures above. It can and does go up based on some other factors and before whatever credits may be granted by qualification requirements.

Quite a bill of goods we got sold...but we didn't get it with a way back, either. We have to fix what we have or go with nothing for a period if it's somehow destroyed. I wouldn't mind that, as I'm fairly healthy. There are a good % of people I know who may not fare well with any interruption of care though.

So.....We got ourselves into a fine mess this time, didn't we?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thanks for all the great replies. I was really surprised to see this put out to the insured like that. I thought they would be in with the government on this. By putting it out, it seems like they are saying 'wink, wink, nod, nod' here is the real story.

I just had to bring it to ATS because I have heard of a lot of people being hurt by it. And the insurance company also does not cover ANY pain management or weight loss programs. I thought they were supposed to cover all including pre-existing conditions. Well, NOT! So, I got birth control and other coverage I as a male will never use, but not what after 23 major surgeries I really need, which is pain management and weight loss from two years of surgeries and being unable to exercise except swimming.

+5 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

NO. WE didn't. THEY did. Those who were naive enough to think the government was going to actually "fix" something, give something away, make something better, gave a damn about somebody DID. In doing so, they have bought the rest of us on a shiite ride that we didn't choose and can't get off of.

THEY. NOT WE. NOT ME.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Thanks for all the great replies. I was really surprised to see this put out to the insured like that. I thought they would be in with the government on this. By putting it out, it seems like they are saying 'wink, wink, nod, nod' here is the real story.

I just had to bring it to ATS because I have heard of a lot of people being hurt by it. And the insurance company also does not cover ANY pain management or weight loss programs. I thought they were supposed to cover all including pre-existing conditions. Well, NOT! So, I got birth control and other coverage I as a male will never use, but not what after 23 major surgeries I really need, which is pain management and weight loss from two years of surgeries and being unable to exercise except swimming.

Wait for the death panels!!!!

Too old, don't make enough money to pay taxes, get deathly ill? No worries, we have a thing called Soylent Green and we will make sure your die peacefully.......

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit, I will look into that.

A fine mess indeed. I have been paying cash for all my pain management anyway and my primary care doc. I spend about $5,000 a year on healthcare. But, I can buy insurance and pay for the mojority of my health care also. Just doesn't add up literally.

+23 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The fact is that the large majority of the American population has no idea what Obamacare actually is because so many of it's components have been delayed by presidential order.

This is for a specific reason, the midterm elections. When all of the caveats of Obamacare hit the general public, the already less than popular opinion of it will drop to the floor.

Don't believe me? Good, you don't have to, watch for yourself over the next 3 years. It wasn't some kind of accident that the more "bitter" parts were delayed by the White House.

Pay attention.........

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So, insurance premiums double and triple and the providers make much less. That can only mean one thing I suppose, that the government or insurance companies have all got raises to HELP us people needing care. Unreal.

link   
No, there are no "death panels." If you look through the bill, you won't find anything called a "death panel" ... Of course, they don't tell that there are plenty of ways to bump you off if they don't want to pay to deal with you.

Look at the current and shameful VA scandal to get an idea of what a real "death panel" is. It's that list they put your name on that will ensure that your so-called 14-day wait stretches out to however many days it takes you to die.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Hilarious! Needed a good laugh!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here's Mr Snakeoil himself....

You can trust him.

He will help you.

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount

Obama Promises To Lower Health Insurance Premiums by $2,500 Per Year

www.youtube.com...

President Obama had pledged publicly at least 36 times that his health care plan, known as Obamacare, would not force people who liked their current coverage to lose it before "tweaking" that promise Nov. 4.

36 Times Obama Said You Could Keep Your Health Care Plan

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Exactly! I couldn't afford it either really. But I REALLY can't afford it now. It is a sad state of affairs. And they also showed my premiums with subsidies being $128 with my pain management doctor showing in the network. Well they took out the full premium of $367 out of my account, which I closed and opened a different one immediately. I called and the person told me they do not cover any pain management. When I asked why my pm doc was in the network, they told me that was left in for the current business group policies and would be changing when they move to the ACA next year. That is BS. Show your doctors are in network and then not cover them. Ggrrrrr!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No, there are no "death panels." If you look through the bill, you won't find anything called a "death panel" ... Of course, they don't tell that there are plenty of ways to bump you off if they don't want to pay to deal with you.

Look at the current and shameful VA scandal to get an idea of what a real "death panel" is. It's that list they put your name on that will ensure that your so-called 14-day wait stretches out to however many days it takes you to die.

well they did name it to be a little more appealing...

Independent Payment Advisory Board

The Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB, is a fifteen-member United States Government agency created in 2010 by sections 3403 and 10320 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which has the explicit task of achieving specified savings in Medicare without affecting coverage or quality. Under previous and current law, changes to Medicare payment rates and program rules are recommended by MedPAC but require an act of Congress to take effect. The new system grants IPAB the authority to make changes to the Medicare program with the Congress being given the power to overrule the agency's decisions through supermajority vote.

MedPAC is the current one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join