It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and silver prices....woo hoo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

We know that the Comex is having more and more clients requiring physical delivery, we also know that the paper silver contracts which control the price, are way over subscribed,so if they wanted physical delivery they would have to call a "Force Majour" and do the pay outs in cash which they are able to do legally. It has to end with something like this.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Nutz. What will be worth $$$? No one knows whenits all worth zip.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

ahhh... so the grand apocalypse has arrived, is that what you are getting at?? I got news for you, apocalypses have happened on Earth before, and guess what still had value?? yea you better effin believe it, GOLD and SILVER, as well as salt.

I don't know where your assumption that all leaders and wealthy elites are just going to disappear overnight, but they are the ones that have been hoarding the gold since Europeans were throwing babies in fires for bull headed demon Gods, Central and South Americans were chopping off heads on pyramids to keep the sun from going "so long and thanks for all the fish" .

Your scenario of a world in such desperation and ruin in this modern era can only occur through acts which would destroy any power institutions and the leaders who enforce those systems on the people. In this age of technology, that can only happen through a horrendous global geological/tectonic event or a cosmic/celestial event.

Even a global flood would not sufficiently abolish the power of institutions as there are more than enough boats and mountains to keep the power brokers safe. And as long as the power brokers are alive and well, they will always seek the metals of the Gods (technology metals which makes magic possible through technology). Especially in an era of collapsed societies who's subsequent generations would not be educated on anything of the past and the elites can use their closely guarded knowledge and education to pretend to be Gods again with very simple technology.

A man with a small remote control suddenly can beckon light at will, or summon fire from his hands, or even move objects with his mind if he has received a brain chip that can wi-fi link to a motorized platform or machine making it appear to ignorant masses that this alleged God can use telekinesis. This is why the elites have always wanted the gold, silver, and platinum group metals. These metals help to create magic (technology) which can create fear in ignorant masses, making them cower at your feet as they sacrifice everything for the God.

In a ruined world where those elites still live, the Gods are reborn in a single generation, all thanks to gold, silver, platinum group metals and even copper. obviously we will not be the Gods, that status is reserved for the chosen bloodlines. The monarchs and dynasties of the world and the corporate big wigs. All we can do is keep enough metal in money and weapon form to safely continue trading in a world where roads are no longer safe.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Only saying. We've no idea of the future and what will be.

We aren't a cashless society...and worst case scenario, it can get taken. That's all.

$$ is no kind of security. Still, I'm just like everyone else who has a few $$ diversions...but know it's nothing in a w/c/scenario.

No one seems to be considering WHAT kind of world we are surviving..to.

Toilet paper will be a commodity...that's all. "Securities"... aren't really.. that "secure" in the end.

edit on 04241430America/ChicagoTue, 23 Apr 2024 20:04:14 -050004202400000014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Whatever way you look at it the amount of Silver is imaginary, thus the spot price is imaginary, but as a tactical metal something will have to happen to the Silver prices, demand is higher than physical supply that seems to be an undeniable fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I feel you man, I get where your coming from.
a reply to: annonentity
I still love rummaging for foreign silver at local coin shops. I tapped out my childhood store, there are still a few Panama, Philippines, and Curacao silvers left in his bins, but he no longer salts them like another one about ten minutes away. I can still find an occasional 18th-19th south VF-AU in the discount bin for a fair value at the other store.

I worked and saw coin shops in Dunedin (Curlew) and Bradenton (Manatee Rd) I would like to explore. I may check them out on a weekend on my way to the beach. The beach has been absolutely pleasant lately, it looked like a tropical getaway. Just a warning, most places now in Urban Florida are going to be like an hour of wait time if you don't arrive before 10am. As a Florida resident, the biggest way to see the population boom is when we try to go to the beach again. Now I wake everyone up at dawn just to get there by 9am or so in order not to lose up to an hour waiting for parking or just at the line to get in the damn place.

In any case, I tend to collect Spanish colonial and short lived states/empires when it comes to coins. I keep USA stuff too, but most of it is modern. Much of the good 19th century stuff is priced out of range just for Very Fine for my interests, but there is a plentiful supply.

As far as bullion goes, I love my Royal Canadian 100 ounce Bars, but I have not bought any new ones in four years. I just kind of grab up cull/circulated scrap pre '65's when the price over face is reasonable to me. I am more into the numismatic side of coins.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

"You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much ammo".

Very true...and if the future unfolds like I think it will in the USA....ammo will be more valuable than gold.

edit on 26-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Will it? you can make black powder quite easily, and for lead you can also melt that easily into ball ammo.I am not saying that it would be as popular as the regular rounds, but at least it is a sustainable way of being able to hunt.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

"You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much ammo".

Very true...and if the future unfolds like I think it will in the USA....ammo will be more valuable than gold.

I hear you.

I'm not a gun nut by any means but I have a 9mm S&W that I bought in VA. I also inherited a Remington 30-30 and a 12 gauge shotgun from my father when he passed away. I was living in VA at the time so no issues with any of them.

I've since moved back to NY and all of a sudden some people are nervous that I have these.

I just laugh. And keep buying ammo.

Because you never know. I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That's what I have in my arsenal as well, plus my GF has a few pistols. I give her a Lady Glock every valentines day and she has her own arsenal she inherited when her dad passed. Last time I even shot anything was her dad's 410 pistol snake gun years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join