It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and silver prices....woo hoo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A wise man once said always keep your eyes on the precious metals market. When times get bad, people move money out of stocks and into gold, silver, platinum, palladium etc.

Right now silver is at the highest in a long long time, currently at 28.07. I have been watching the prices since it was at 21.00.

www.jmbullion.com...

Since April 1st.......there has been a significant increase in gold and silver.

www.onegold.com...

This shows you the current trends....in the last week it's been a little crazy.

What say you??? Is this a sign of bad things on the horizon?
edit on R072024-04-08T20:07:05-05:00k074vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R112024-04-08T20:11:05-05:00k114vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Could it be that all those people who managed to get out of Truth Social with their shirts before it goes to ten bucks a share see bad stuff on the horizon when all those who got stuck with Truth Social shares riot and blame everybody else?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
Could it be that all those people who managed to get out of Truth Social with their shirts before it goes to ten bucks a share see bad stuff on the horizon when all those who got stuck with Truth Social shares riot and blame everybody else?

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Trump.... stay on the subject.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Seek help, Terry.

Not everything is about Trump.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This is ATS. You can't run w gold after it all goes to hell. Nor Bitcoin. EMP Pulse will knock out every business everywhere at once. Your nice neighbors will be looking at you differently: water, food, $$$.

Think you're prepared? Really?

Thing about doing this is when it all happens, what are we surviving TO...with all gone?

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

This is ATS. You can't run w gold after it all goes to hell. Nor Bitcoin. EMP Pulse will knock out every business everywhere at once. Your nice neighbors will be looking at you differently: water, food, $$$.

Think you're prepared? Really?

Thing about doing this is when it all happens, what are we surviving TO...with all gone?

This isn't a prepper (which I am not) thread either.....simply about the rising cost of precious metals.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   

It has EVERYTHING to do with speculation, or as some see it, gambling. Buying and selling gold and silver is part of the speculation on what will hold the most value when things change in society just as you have suggested. Buying stocks is EXACTLY the same thing. This particular stock has value only because it has a specific name on it and has nothing what so ever to do with the intrinsic value of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO.

Precious metals are a hedge against financial failure when investors need a place to park their money. They want to gain as much value for their money when ever and where ever they can, right? These same people invest in the stock market for the same reasons. Yet, there is really little value to gold or silver other than what importance people place on them. Same goes for Truth Social. As a money maker it is a joke and at this point the only value it holds is in the eyes of those who believe in it because of the name that goes with it.

So invest away. Gold, silver or over inflated meme stocks, it's all the same game.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Agreed. I always have to chuckle to myself when I see commercials from companies that are selling gold to people as a safe haven for their money. If it was so great, why in the hell are they selling it in the first place.Wouldn't they be holding on to it if it was so valuable?

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO.

Precious metals are a hedge against financial failure when investors need a place to park their money. They want to gain as much value for their money when ever and where ever they can, right? These same people invest in the stock market for the same reasons. Yet, there is really little value to gold or silver other than what importance people place on them. Same goes for Truth Social. As a money maker it is a joke and at this point the only value it holds is in the eyes of those who believe in it because of the name that goes with it.

So invest away. Gold, silver or over inflated meme stocks, it's all the same game.

Good grief........please feel free to show where I suggested people invest in anything.

And why can't you post without bringing Trump?

All I am talking about is the recent uptick in the market....it will go up and then it will go back down eventually or will it? That's the question.

Do you think the current trend will continue or not? although I suspect you don't care about it and only do it so you drag Trump into it.
edit on R432024-04-08T21:43:16-05:00k434vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have been watching gold and silver as well. It's hit record highs the past 13 trading days.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Thank you...I noticed it too as being kinda out of the ordinary for such a short time, hence this post.

And I am especially interested in what's driving it.

edit on R482024-04-08T21:48:33-05:00k484vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   

For various reasons, Bricks, war, decline of the petrodollar, I think we are seeing a trend that will continue for a while yet. Other nations are tired of the US using financial intimidation and the greenback as leverage over them. Besides, the government is doing a fine job of destroying the dollar all by themselves.

I'd rather have gold and silver over the greenback right now. I think the greenback has just about reached it's limit at this point.

PS: The greenback is going the way of the Republic and Constitution at this point. Expensive toilet paper.

After we get hit with an EMP you are going to wish you had gold and silver rather than Bitcoin.

edit on 8-4-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Personally I feel silver is a better investment. If I had bought , gold in the early 2000s at around four hundred fifty an ounce I would have done all right, but back then I had the same attitude I have now, I think it is way too expensive for what you get. Silver has not gone up much over the years, but it would be a better investment for a SHTF situation. Who would have change for an ounce of gold when you need a few bushels of potatoes to survive, or some groceries from the store. In reality if things go bad, both will be worth about the same price per ounce. Twenty bucks an ounce...buys you a bushel of potatoes.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The reason you seeing that is almost certainly due to Zimbabwe moving to the "ZiG" or Zimbabwe Gold.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Correct,you made no endorsements for buying or selling. Yes, precious metals go up and precious metals go down and it depends upon how people think they can make money on them playing against the grain of others purchasing and selling them. And they go up and down, those who sell ahead of a down turn make money and those who buy before an upturn have a better chance ot make money when it's time to sell again. Am I right? So what's the big deal, why do we even care unless we are doing the buying or selling. Same for the stock market.

The rise and fall of precious metals was important enough for you to start a thread on it. It may be important and maybe not, you did ask though didn't you? You asked if it could portend bad things for the future. My comments also adressed this issue. A week and a half ago, shares of Truth Social were very high and people were screaming just how smart Trump was and how this makes him even more rich and gee whiz i't's gonna go higher. But it didn't, so far. So far it's tanking and does that like gold or silver prices going up or down portend anything about our future? Maybe it does.

Asking an opened ended question might get answers one might not like.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Correct,you made no endorsements for buying or selling. Yes, precious metals go up and precious metals go down and it depends upon how people think they can make money on them playing against the grain of others purchasing and selling them. And they go up and down, those who sell ahead of a down turn make money and those who buy before an upturn have a better chance ot make money when it's time to sell again. Am I right? So what's the big deal, why do we even care unless we are doing the buying or selling. Same for the stock market.

The rise and fall of precious metals was important enough for you to start a thread on it. It may be important and maybe not, you did ask though didn't you? You asked if it could portend bad things for the future. My comments also adressed this issue. A week and a half ago, shares of Truth Social were very high and people were screaming just how smart Trump was and how this makes him even more rich and gee whiz i't's gonna go higher. But it didn't, so far. So far it's tanking and does that like gold or silver prices going up or down portend anything about our future? Maybe it does.

Asking an opened ended question might get answers one might not like.

Please correlate how the recent rise in precious metals has a damn thing to do with truth social...

You keep proving that you can't post without bringing up Trump.

edit on R532024-04-08T22:53:33-05:00k534vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Correlate. That is what I have been attempting to do though you seem more interested that I use one speculative position to do that with. Do you mean how one effects the other? There may be some cause and effect there but that is beyond my ken.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   
S

I have been following it as well, especially Silver , the friday take down does not seem to be happening anymore. This could be the long awaited revaluation. They cant even mine it at the spot prices being quoted it could be that reality has hit the market hard.The Banks might not have the cash to do the manipulations either.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

So what's the big deal, why do we even care unless we are doing the buying or selling. Same for the stock market.

Well, if you could get away from such a narrow view of things, you would see that the price of gold and silver is indicative of how people feel about the safety of their money in light of inflation, how they feel about the current political situation, and because precious metals are a physical, tangible item unlike stocks which most people never see even if they own them, and at root are simply representative of a very small share of ownership in a company.

You can hold physical gold and silver in your hand. You can't physically hold an infinitesimal portion of ownership in a company.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join