It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin - Russia Must 'Cleanse' Itself of Homosexuality

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Now you are derailing the thread. I will tell you as well, feel free to U2U me as to not derail the thread further. Gender one cannot choose, race one cannot choose, sexual orientation one can choose. No you were not born homosexual. You were not born sexual period.
I did not choose to be heterosexual. Hetero is the natural order of things. One does however choose to stray from the natural order of things.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

You are not born with facial hair.

But genetics predetermines whether or not you will be able to grow a full beard or not.

Not behavior.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What does that have to do with anything ? Is one born a serial killer ? You insist that genetics predetermines our lives for us, that we are victims of our genes. How does one gain homosexual genetics ? Genetics is only a very small factor in who we become in life. A very small factor. Environment plays a much bigger part.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by beezzer

What does that have to do with anything ? Is one born a serial killer ? You insist that genetics predetermines our lives for us, that we are victims of our genes. How does one gain homosexual genetics ? Genetics is only a very small factor in who we become in life. A very small factor. Environment plays a much bigger part.

You just discounted genetics as a reason why someone is gay.

I just illustrated that some things are genetically predetermined.

Sexual preference is one of those things.

Work on Drosophilia Melanogaster has shown that sexual predisposition can be manipulated on a genetic level.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And I would argue that that could be completely 180d through environment.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe Putin is just pissed off because "Rocky IV" was so darn homoerotic.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by beezzer

And I would argue that that could be completely 180d through environment.

Um, okay. Whatever.

I've seen the studies. I've witnessed the experiments. Environment pressures create situations where certain genes are expressed.

Overpopulation in an environment will create situations where male Drosophilia Melanogaster will exhibit female characteristics. Thus reducing the population.

I'm only providing facts.

You are countering with beliefs.

Neither the twain shall meet, I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What experiments and studies have you witnessed first hand that supposedly prove homosexuality is genetic? I call bullcrap....
And are you honestly trying to imply that overpopulation is the reason for homosexuality because one of your brethren already stated that is crap.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

As long as you are ready to admit that you can "Become" gay at any point in your life, that you could easily select to be gay tomorrow.

my point wasn't to derail the topic, but you claim i selected to be Gay is wrong, i didn't. but i did say that instead of trying to cleanse homosexuals from their country, they should be thinking about cleansing the hate out of people. we are all human

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by beezzer

What experiments and studies have you witnessed first hand that supposedly prove homosexuality is genetic? I call bullcrap....

I know. I know you don't believe it. It's okay. My life isn't centered on what YOU believe.

Sexual preference is an outward expression of genetic predisposition. This has been studied and proven over and over again in any number of scientific studies.

My field of study was developmental neurobiology. So I am somewhat familiar with the studies.

If you could counter with scientific studies that showed that sexual preference is not genetically predispositioned, then you might have a valid argument on your hands.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Christian Voice

And are you honestly trying to imply that overpopulation is the reason for homosexuality because one of your brethren already stated that is crap.

No. I'm simply illustrating studies that showed that homosexuality is an expression of certain genes. Perhaps environmental pressures have had an impact, but I am unaware of any further studies in that area.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Again, disagreeing with someone's lifestyle does not equate to hatred. Good grief, why is everything wrong or right, black or white, left or right with you people ? Never stated I hate anyone nor do I. I just strongly disagree with the lifestyle choice. I tell you I never mentioned anything to anyone about the subject until it started being shoved down mine and my children's throat. Running into two dudes tonging on each other openly in the dang mall, my wife and I have never even done that, there is a time and place for everything. Our television shows are filled with it, movies are, my son's school luckily has blocked the states request to teach it as an alternative lifestyle, that is my call to teach my children not the school system's. I am a faithful Christian but have never taken anyone to court and tried to force them to accept my God, or someone to serve me in a business that feels strongly against my faith, yet homosexuals do it everyday and I got tired of it and stood up.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by beezzer

More importantly, who FUNDED the studies?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hating someone based on a genetic expression is akin to hating someone because of their skin colour, hair colour, eye colour, height.

Should we start stadardising toe size so that we can hate on big-toed people?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Science is predisposed towards homosexuality to begin with. Science rejects the possibility of God. Science insists that evolution is fact even though they cannot prove anything about it. Once someone in the science world makes it known that they are Christian they are ostracized by their peers. I was a Geology Major when I started college and was friends with the curator of the museum where I lived. We used to go on fossil digs in north Mississippi and were finding tons of shark teeth and other aquatic fossils. We had a great time until I mentioned that I was Christian and believed the Earth was much younger than science claimed. He told me I was ignorant and knew nothing of what I was talking about and that was the last time I spoke with him.
My point is it is hard to find "scientific" studies that are not biased towards homosexuality. I will say though that statistics do not lie and statistics paint a different picture than what your "studies" do.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You communicate very well on this subject and you have my respect entirely, however we will simply have to disagree on this one. And again, disagreeing with someone's lifestyle does not equate to hatred.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

How about Heterosexuals? i know we are a small percentage of the populace, but look at the heterosexual market, do heterosexuals have to stop shoving it in my face? okay you and your wife never engaged in pubic displays, some people do. in fact the other day i saw a straight couple dry humping on the sidewalk, in front of children.

or Religion, do people have to stop shoving religion in other peoples face, if so you can't use religion as an argument against homosexuals.

Look, if you know me, you know i am the first to defend anyone's "Rights" even if they disagree with mine, but i am afforded the same, i can express myself however i want. if you are told by your religion to not believe in our "Lifestyle" that is your right to believe it no one is telling you you are not allowed to believe it, in fact my statement was towards Russia anyway.

and i never accused you of hate

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yes I agree that there are ignorant people everywhere that just refuse to believe in there's a time and place for everything. A public place is no place for anyone to be making out like that, gay or straight. Now I do hold my wife's hand in public. I am deeply in love with my wife and chivalry is not dead. I have seen homosexuals in public holding hands and I keep my mouth shut. I don't like seeing it but I leave it alone, but making out is a different story. I will agree with you on this one, no it should not be shoved down your throat. It's the whole time and place thing again. I can't tell you how many times we were watching a new movie as a family and we had our son turn away due to graphic sexuality, both hetero and homo. Some things are meant to be private.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There is a difference between the assumption that homosexuality is something positive and the assumption that everyone agrees with that assumption. While I may not agree with the former, I can sympathize with it and to some degree respect it. But for the latter I have no such sympathy or respect. It's nothing but an attempt to bully and brainwash.

Putin clearly doesn't accept the assumption/premise that homosexuality is a positive. He's not alone, apparently neither do the majority of the Russian people, nor do a substantial number of people in the United States. So exactly what do you expect them to do?

“We don't outlaw anything and don't nab anyone,” Putin said at a meeting with Sochi Olympics volunteers on Friday. “Our law prescribes no responsibility for these kinds of relationships unlike laws in some other countries do.”

Despite his feelings about homosexuals, it doesn't sound to me like he's going to try and prohibit them from attending or competing in the Olympics. He's merely asking homosexuals to refrain from attempting to proselytize among the children of his country while they're guests there.

It seems like a fair compromise to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My final thoughts on the subject. (after all, there is a football game on!)

God made all of us. He doesn't make mistakes.

People make mistakes. Politicians make mistakes. Countries make mistakes.

God doesn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I will reply with True Dat LOLOL

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join