It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Physically Appeared to me When I was 5, and Im against Religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

All this time I thought wars and violence were the bad things.
Turns out Jesus is more concerned with telling 5yr olds to get dressed.

Wonder how many lives could have been saved that day if Jesus wasn't spending his time watching a naked child.

You claim not to be religious yet you have seen Jesus. Sounds like you don't really believe what you saw either.

Kids see a lot of crazy stuff that isn't there. As you get older you solidify these memories into fact.
I believe that's far more likely the case.

I'm not saying that your attire that day didn't have catastrophic implications that required the hand of god.
Just that it doesn't seem likely.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
sigh.....

When i was about 6 or 7 i remember I once could have swore i saw santa, I heard his sleigh jumped out of bed went into the front room and saw a man who looked like santa. he turned to me, said something (cant remember what) then disappeared up the chimney.

It was a dream and i was a kid but it felt real at the time, I actually believed it was real.

Now of course i realize that it was the product of a over active imagination and a desire to believe "I had seen him"

This recollection of the OP is probably the exact same, or a flat out lie.

So either, you imagined the whole thing in your childish imitation which made it real and then into adulthood you have never quite realized that what you think to be real was actually a figment or your imagination.

or your lying. its possible, thats all i am saying.

.Then all of a sudden my bedroom door opens...and In walks a man wearing a white robe...long beard, long hair, and looking EXACTLY like as Jesus is depicted in the paintings of that era.

This is the line that got me, Jesus would have looked nothing like paintings depict him we always see the hansom white dude all in white. In reality he was probably a very humble looking middle eastern looking dude.

not like this though....

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If you really saw Jesus it's my opinion you would be a believer. I haven't heard of anyone (even children) , who claim exposure like that and aren't believers. Maybe you did have a seizure and hallucinated it. If your mom believed she could have made a comment that you don't recall - related to Jesus and you behavior. It's hard not to see a picture of Jesus as well - even if not in church. They are pretty commonplace.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
My suggestions is to study all beliefs systems in this world and see where every map points. Jesus is a cool teacher but as always some people afterwards destroy the real message by making it into a garment instead of a philosophy and ideals to live by.

Blind faith is for the ones with no experience and will only box you into a one tracked mind enslaved to peoples opinions instead of seeking spiritual knowledge. The ones with experience have at least the experience as knowledge.

Maybe you should look into third eye/psychic experiences. Children do not have their abilities conditioned out of them until they are older. The seekers is the ones who will find. Maybe get the peg out of the third eye to remove the blindness?
edit on 19-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

are you still resisting like the spoiled child? you did not listen to your parents and now you don't seem to value the experience you had. real or not does the experience tell you anything of practical value about yourself?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Jesus is a home intruder?

But then again, why not.. i mean i see stuff all the time and still don't believe it.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

When I was 5 I had a big bear who was always behind me nodding and agreeing with me and also at night time I used to go into the coal cellar and play with the Gnomes, they used to make me laugh so much moving the coal from one side to the other singing while they worked
My Mum used to go spare when she found me in bed covered in coal dust ruining all the bedding
I know it was my imagination I just wish my imagination could bring them back for a night or two

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I'm somewhat with you on this, meaning I understand in general that you had an unworldly experience. At the ages of four and six I had experiences that came from no where in my limited experience and family background. However, I was left with an unshakable view that this thing called "reality" is poorly understood by us all.

A "logical" argument can be made that your experience came from an altered state within your brain. Those that understand that the universe is not linear may opt for a more exotic explanation. In my view, you were given, and retain as evidenced by your thread, a valuable insight. That it never will have a definite answer is not important. The mere questioning is....

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
First of all, I believe you. No harm in that right? If you were asking for money I wouldn't give it to you so does that prove I can believe you for the sake of conversation and still not be considered a sucker? I guess most here would prefer to believe that, by me saying I believe you, that I would be the first in line to hand over everything I own to a conman. I've actually been a conman before so I am pretty well versed in the art of deception. I simply choose to believe a lot of seemingly impossible things are indeed possible. So why not your story. You clearly have nothing to gain by sharing this. Unless you are a masochist...In that case I'd have to say you've come to the right place. Or perhaps you are a bored youngster looking to entertain yourself for a while. And if that's the case I'd be much obliged to assist in such a worthwhile endeavor. I still remember back when the only chat rooms I knew about were the AOL free chat rooms. Early to mid 90s. After a few herbal indulgences I used to have a particularly wonderful time in the Metaphysics chat.

Second of all, you are, in my opinion, mostly correct in your suspicions of religion. It is mass mind control. But Jesus is real. The two are not much related. Some of the most seemingly religious people have no Jesus in their lives, and some of the most ardent followers of Jesus have no care for religion.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My curiosity is concerned with why this mystery figure was so interested in the OP to begin with. Out of all the misbehaved kids in the world, he actually manifested to this one. He won't pop up long enough to give a decent interview or pass along an urgent message from the head honcho, but a brat warrants his appearance? Huh.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
with the right frequencies impulses and photons, along with neuromodualted sensations from energy sources in and around you, halluciantions as we call them can be induced. Go ponder technology before you go believing its a being.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Unlike you I have no recollection of my experiences, only what my parents and grandparents have told me happened from what I told them happened when it did back in late September 1982, as they came rushing into my room to see what all the fuss was about and why I was so hysterical one night and then the next night Who I was speaking and laughing with.

He appeared to me when I was 3 and half years old just days after I moved to Australia from Croatia.

The night before it was Baphomet (from what I have come across searching through Dogmatic and occult material the image is almost identical in shape, A mans body with a beasts head and horns.)

Was shook-en up quite a bit that first night when the dark horned man (best translation from Croatian to English) came and woke me.

I was screaming and crying in fear.

The next night I was awoken to a man in a white robe that was glowing or shining like the suns rays coming from him but not blinding, I felt calm and fearless and knew the beast from the night before cannot touch me now.

I believe that this was the character/being people have come to know as Jesus, the message he gave was so simple yet so powerful.

Recognize and acknowledge your fear/s.

This message wasn't just to ease the feelings of the experience the night before I have come to believe but a message for all of life for everybody.

Fear is a force used by those wanting to control or influence anothers will.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

tencap77
i know this about my parents. i feared them, and rightfully so, more than god, jesus, godzilla, gumbercules, and sister rita combined!

Gumbercules? I LOVE that guy!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why Jesus? It could have been RASPUTIN?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I look at it this way. Why does it matter whether or not you believe?

If God the Father, Christ exist, then they are not mere by products of belief (yours or anyone else's), but beings in and of themselves. In the same manner that you neither know nor believe in any random person you walk by on the street on any random day, they don't need your belief in order to manifest on that street walking past you. They simply are because they are their own being.

If Christ chose to show Himself to you, then He chose to do so. What you make of that is up to you. Do you spend endless hours pondering whether or not any of those random passers-by exist?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I read people asking why Jesus would appear to a spoiled brat and not stop a war.

Maybe Jesus simply isn't listened? People don't expect, nor like, to be told they are wrong. Most turn a deaf hear to such things.

Whether it comes from a fellow man or the gods, men don't like to be told they are on the wrong path.

We hear but don't listen... lol

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for all the responses.

I would like to discuss some of the skeptical ones....The grammatical errors such as "my bedroom door" vs "My parents bedroom" are just that, errors. Move past it.

Secondly I did not know or even consider this was jesus or anything religious at the time...I simply saw a man with a robe on, scolding me and motioning with his hand/finger. It was only later on as I got older that the memory came back when I saw a painting of jesus somewhere, that I had realized this was the entity that appeared to me!

Why in the world would I lie about this encounter? And why some of you would think that is beyond me...I havent posted on this site in years, however you all are welcome to look at the threads I have started in the past, and you will see Im far from someone who lies for attention.

For those who are asking me to elaborate on this apparitions physical appearance, like i said this person was in a white/yellowish robe, had shoulder length or slightly longer brown hair, had a beard also brown, and brown eyes? although im not sure of the eye color.

I did not see if he was wearing footwear, although for some reason my intuition tells me he had on sandals...

This was real, the entity appeared to be physically in the room, and like I said there was definite time dilation occuring...

GeminiSky

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
I read people asking why Jesus would appear to a spoiled brat and not stop a war.

Maybe Jesus simply isn't listened? People don't expect, nor like, to be told they are wrong. Most turn a deaf hear to such things.

Whether it comes from a fellow man or the gods, men don't like to be told they are on the wrong path.

We hear but don't listen... lol

My impression also is that God prefers to work at the individual level these days rather than on the level of the mass. His days of mass ministry ended back when he was crucified.

Right now, it is for us to do or not do what we are going to do or not do. This is the church age. This is the time for mankind to experience the best we can do for ourselves without God taking direct intervention. If He stopped a war, it wouldn't be that age anymore. These things are ours to start or stop as we choose. It's a sad commentary on our ability to be better beings that we keep starting them, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't know but...

the honest #ing truth...

Clearly he did not affect your language use at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Bone75

calstorm
Given that Jesus wouldn't have looked like the paintings,

Says who?

Well a lot of experts say so and a lot of reason to think so...

While we don't know what Jesus looked like, we do know that He didn't look like the common depictions of Him with long hair. After all, this same Jesus inspired the apostle Paul to write in 1 Corinthians 11:14: "Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?"

www.ucg.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join