It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were An Alien Where Would You Land?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Middle east, desert. Why? It's deserted. Completely and totally deserted.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's according to if I were a hostile or docile alien.

If I were hostile, pick a hotspot like the Predator did in it's movies.

If I were docile, Maui baby!

EDIT: A hotspot for the hostile alien would have to be a toss-up between Detroit or Los Angeles!

[edit on 22/11/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
why does everyone think america would shoot you down? oforce they'd try
, but common, your an interstellar traveler, your electromagnetic anti gravity feild would repel anything those yanks throw at you?
id land in jemaca an have a cone

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well, considering that:

• Interstellar Travel would take a lot of resources
  • It would also take a good deal of time.
  • It would, almost certainly, NOT be by accident
  • Those who are not able to travel between stars would be viewed as primates in comparison
  • There's no guarentee that alien intelligence would even resemble and anthropomorphic (human-shaped) body
  • null

I'd say the only reason I'd be visiting Earth would either be to attack, to colonize, or collect resources. It would not be in my best interests to make peaceful contact, because humans are a parasitic, primitive, poisonous species in comparison. At best, they'd be good fodder for food or slaves, but more likely I'd realize their intellectual capacity and deem them unfit for either.

I'd also realized their limited attack range in space, but their surgical attack capability worldwide. There would be no such thing as a foolhearty risk, if I were in command of a spacefaring vessel filled with lives depending on our mission. I'd watch and observe. If I deemed them to be a threat, I'd either leave, or plan an attack, based upon the mission, and how critical the objective was and the relative risk vs. reward of trying to conquer the pesky humans.

Assuming I decided not to leave, I'd scan the planet until I determined where all major concentrations of military force and leadership were.

I would learn enough of the languages to relay such commands as "surrender or we will continue" and "gather at this point"

Assuming I could discern enough of the political structure of Earth, I'd take out the U.N. during a meeting, while simultaneously taking out the major military installations, whether through disabling or destruction. By the time the first attack wave was over, the second wave would continue on to secondary targets, which would be all sattelites and any major ground-based centers of communication, such as Tokyo Tower, and other huge radio and television relay stations.

My losses would be minimal, and any counterstrike would be blind, as the satellites would likely be destroyed before anyone pieced together that the attack came from space. By that time, my artilliary craft would have moved far enough into position that orbital bombardment of every major city and remaining military installation could begin. I'd start with the industrial cities and military sites first, so as to halt or cripple production. Next would be the highest population sites, such as India and China, so as to reduce the fighting force available.

After that, mop-up crews would be dispatched to deal with any remaining resistance.

Estimated time from attack to mop-up, with a small fleet, about 4 hours, depending on the speed of our craft.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizarah the joys of living in New Orleans......
mardigras isnt all its hyped up to be by tourists any way after you have been to about 14 of them you get bored with it.....

not if you do it right. avoiding tourists is a hassle but can be done.

now, where would I land if I were an alien?

Playboy Mansion. Hef's been promising his cousins from the "old planet" that there's always room for more at his place on earth so why not drop in and see if the place lives up to the hype.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Just as the title says. If you were an alien flying a UFO or if you were an alien commander of a UFO. Which place on Earth would be the most desireable place to land? And why would you pick this place over other places? Just curious what the aliens might think...

I know what my answer would be: Not USA, because of the risk of getting shot down, or killed after I land. Iceland maybe? Two 3rd of the population are women, maybe more.
And they�re peaceful people too. And they�re sort of isolated on their island. I would choose a not so populated place for security reasons. What about you? Do you think somewhere people would welcome you with open arms?

What about those aliens with a adrenalinrush (or a chemical resembling adrenaline). Like those X-treme guys loving to go on hollidays to warzones, rafting the Niagara, making love to leopards and so on.
There has to be some alienweirdos loving to see monkeys killing eachother, throwing sticks and stones, bombs and poisons at eachother.
And imagine if they've got the power to play Sims(tm) with us. Jejj. Reallife multiplayergame. The general amonut of power needed to rule other people doesn't seem to be that much. Take on leader, add unknown amount of paranoia, add mediacontrol, add fear, add weapons, add a enemy, You got a war. -Because humans are stupid enough to take to arms, in the belief of a minor amount of personal honour is actually doing something for the greater good.
If I was an alien with power, I would have good fun for a forthnight.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Accutly the one guy has the right idea .lets say im an alian and want to land for closer contact with the possibilty of formal contact .
I would go to DISNE world right here in florida . why you may ask . Simply first everone there is expecting to see strange and unsual things so I wouldent stick out and farther more once mom and dad and after the kiddes have been climbing over me all day they KNOW im not a threat and farther more in that short time have already decided Im WAY cool alest that kid over there keeps saying it. So are very unlikly to try the lets all run a scream bit.. Also everyone there and there mother has cramras video equmint and theres even tv station theres . So when I finly decide to show them im not from earth The FIRST thing that happens is everone stasts taking photos and running LIVE brodcast . Now the gov Wont be able to just try and come in a shove me into a hole anymore .
Pluse every lawer on earth wants the Prestege of being the one to protect MY rights now .And heck im a nice alian Im sure I could come up with a few billion in gold for the lawer to boot. Not that he wont make it anyway lol.
Ps i grante as long as I dont do anything momintaly stupid in a week ill be invited over to the white house for lunch.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Simcity4Rushour]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would land In tokyo, Japan/ b/c they would make me a Tv gameshow host! 8)........................ Ok jking on that/ But i would land on easter island and take back the statues!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Alright. I'd have to say if I was going to land anywhere, and I was an alien, it would be on top of Bush's head.
. Okay, all kidding aside. Maybe the island of Lanai in Hawaii. Very small, few people, it could work. Maybe submerge my waterproof subship under water. And hey, it's pretty.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by diana]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I would land in Antarctica I wouldnt come within miles of the crazy monkeys running around earth.

If I was landing for the sole reason of making contact with some human faction I would set up a meeting point with humans in some remote location, Out in the desert perhaps.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
At a Star Trek convention.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'd disguise myself as a human and walk around downtown areas of major cities picking up women

LOL i dont know..If i was an alien hmmm what if I AM an alien?!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Where would I land.....

First to an Inn N' Out then a residence area.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
depending on my purpose for visiting in the first place was.

I don't think I'd be too worried about the meat sack's (humans) weapons though. Chances are I would have travelled at high velocity over some time and distance, avoiding radiation in all forms, navigated through ort clouds and the likes, diverted microparticles from piercing my ship and at the end entered a foreign planets atmosphere - I wouldn't be too concerned about projectile weapons nor the war mongers behind them or for that matter some trigger happy redneck hick and his sister/wife shooting at me when I buzz their trailer..

Being a peace loving alien, I would appear in the poorer countries, to assist them in recieving the fruits that most enjoy - you know,

Before you know it, all the powerful nations would be bending over backwards to help these poor and unfortunate people to get a glimpse at the alien and tech.

Help get the planet in order then talk.

tsk humans.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'd probably land in all major cities if I want to let my self be known...

As for not wanting to be detected, i'd probably spy on them from high alltitudes and occasionally beam one up in my saucer so I can experiment on them and take DNA samples

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
MY GARDEN......coz ive got the kettle on and i believe+ ive gota 2 car garage,so they can park the ship up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join