It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this topic not of interest. Chris Christy scandal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Sorry but his weight has become a public issue for his tried into the nomination for president candidate. you may no like it but is true.

Weight-loss surgery is Governor Christie's gain

www.northjersey.com...

That means that even he doesn't like his own image and for somebody in the spot light is a public issue and debatable.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Flatfish

Bully or not if they acted independent of his say so they alone are responsible. I am beginning to see a trend here. I like the guy from what I've seen of him. I am a dem heart and soul. ....mm?

And this is why h's not getting the grilling from the media.

He is a fave of many liberals.

He does not appeal to conservatives.

If his people acted, then he is still responsible. He wanted the top spot, he gets all the responsibility that goes with it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I will add to the topic of the thread that Christi will come out of this one like a new born baby with not tarnish as he is blaming his staff for the so call "scandal" after all that seems the trend of politic rats this days, blame everybody else and claim that they didn't nothing of it, or that they were not informed of the whole issue.

So typical.

N.J. Gov. Christie says misled by staff in bridge scandal

www.reuters.com...

edit on 11-1-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Well, AW, I don't like any of the politicians,

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well it seems that even Wall street is behind this man after all while he tried to distance himself from Bloomberg controversial political issues, they have one thing in common they all have backing from Wall street, still when a potential presidential candidate comes into the main stream and get the spot light you know that the scrutiny is on, is not good when a politician blame those around him rather than taking the blame itself, calling his staff "stupid" do not make matters any better.

He have no chance to win the presidential nomination specially when he like Bloomberg is anti gun and second amendment, something that seem to have fallen under the carpet this days.

Garden State gun owners rise up against gun grabbers

www.humanevents.com...

Christi have so many issues that one thread will not be able to hold all of them in one shot.

Scandal tests Christie's Wall Street support

www.politico.com...

He sure have deep pocket supporters within Walls street, just like Bloomberg.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Bully or not if they acted independent of his say so they alone are responsible.

In the sense that "they alone" should be the ones facing criminal charges, I agree.

On the other hand, Gov. Christie is still somewhat responsible for setting the tone that bullying was an acceptable tactic when dealing with those who have opposing views. He has repeatedly and publicly demonstrated his tolerance for it, by actually resorting to it on numerous occasions throughout his tenure in office.

So, while he may be "off the hook" in the criminal sense, he is not without guilt.

AutumnWitch657
I am beginning to see a trend here. I like the guy from what I've seen of him. I am a dem heart and soul. ....mm?

I too am a democrat and I'll have to admit that IMO, Christie is not as bad as the typical Tea Party brand of republicans we see today.

But only in the sense that Christie, (or those in his administration who were responsible) limited their retribution to one bridge in one city, whereas your typical T.P. republican is more than willing to shut down the entire country in a futile effort to get their way.

Really, not much to brag about if you ask me.

edit on 11-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Christy is despised by liberals, what you are saying is totally false.

The Liberals and progressives loath his policies in NJ

He is wrecking the urban schools, selling them off to charted vultures

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I can say Conservatives who aren't beholden to party rhetoric by the GOP, also dislike this man in many ways. I haven't run into anyone since before Sandy that actually has much respect for him. He said all the right things...DID all the right things (while cameras were on) but revisit the Sandy struck areas now..and see which are restored as if nothing happened ..and which are still wondering when restoration my actually come, if ever?

He's another worthless politician with far more ambition to higher office than anyone needs sitting in a CURRENT office as important as Governor, IMO.

Hopefully, this will be the last high office he ever holds where public policy and quality of life issues are at risk by him and his staff.

Odd topic to have honest to God Bipartisan agreement among normal people on..but by and large? I think this one's a winner for the cupie doll on this.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

The Liberals and progressives loath his policies in NJ

He is wrecking the urban schools, selling them off to charted vultures

In BeezerWorld things are the way he says they are, dammit. Didn't you know that?

He's posted entire pages of BeezerWorld "liberal" traits and there's no convincing him otherwise.

But then you have to give him a break, after all he does live in a rabbit hole.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
President Obama can't pass gas without someone on here proclaiming that he is responsible for global warming by adding his methane to the atmosphere yet this scandal of a republican presidential wannabe gets ignored?

I don't think it's ignored at all.

In the MSM - they covered the entire press conference and have been talking about it a whole lot. And the cover pages of the newspapers out of NYC and New Jersey have NAILED Christie. We get the NY Post here .. and other 'subway' type newspapers out of NYC and Jersey. They have shredded him.

Online news - I've seen headlines and articles at places like Drudge, and others, saying Christie is in deep doo-doo.

Here at ATS - we've had threads and long discussions about this guy.

All the news isn't out on bridge-gate. More documents were set to dump today (or was it yesterday??). The big thing .. Christie said he didn't know. (which I doubt). If ANYTHING comes up in the documents showing that he knew, then he's toast. And I want to know who the people were that were 'blacked out' in the documents. The documents had names blacked out and it wouldn't surprise me if the original docs had Christies name on them. (Can't prove it ... but it wouldn't surprise me)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Would you mention weight if you were face to face with an obese person?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ignored on ATS not in msn. Can we just delete the thread. No one can stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I agree with you. Chris Christies weight absolutely is an issue and should be a big one, no pun intended, for anyone seeking executive public office. People just don't think or care about anything that defines a one person vs. another anymore. It's popularity contests and little to nothing else. We aren't even allowed, to some thinking, to QUESTION valid issues of character, judgement, moderation in life or ability to run one's own affairs.

For the record, I did look too. I looked carefully at his statements and his history as it's presented, to insure this WAS fair and the Gov wasn't suffering a Thyroid condition or other medical issue that can cause his morbid weight without being the fault of the person suffering it. I feel for those people..and deeply so. A man I knew briefly (because weight like Christies killed him) had been a deputy sheriff and in excellent shape ...until his body's systems broke. He had a heart attack and died, well over 300lbs and never one I'd have so much as looked sideways at. He did nothing whatsoever to cause that. Not his fault.

Christie, however, is quoted as joking about how he's "slightly" overweight, but, and he says this multiple times, in perfect health with no weight related issues. First...I don't believe that for a second. Physiology and medical reality make a fair argument to the honesty of that offered statement.

Most importantly though? If you allow your body to slide, by choice or lack of action to correct it, to the point of terminal morbid obesity? I don't say anyone should be mean to such folks...but they can kindly STAY OUT of positions where their personal judgement and ability to act clearly and properly the first time, every time, is paramount and required from day 1.

His weight, in my opinion, most definitely makes a statement of his judgement and ability to control his own affairs. NOT The Executive leader I'd wish on anyone...for solid, logical reasons as I see it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Willtell

I dunno about that ...
As Liberals Support Christie During Scandal, Conservatives Abandon Him

Perhaps it is fitting for the favorite Republican of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” but a strange thing is happening as New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie weathers the George Washington Bridge lane-closing scandal: The GOP governor is finding support from liberals, while being abandoned by conservatives. ...

Meanwhile, David Axelrod, another “Morning Joe” favorite and longtime Democratic political adviser to President Barack Obama, said Thursday he thinks the New Jersey Republican governor will survive the scandal. ....

Buzzfeed reported Thursday that Democratic mayors in New Jersey who endorsed Christie’s re-election are also defending Christie. “I still stand with Gov. Christie. You can hire people, you have good intentions and you think highly of these people, and people get fired every day,” Mayor Michael Blunt of Chesilhurst, N.J. told the outlet. “It’s not just Gov. Christie, any organization or business where you’re hiring people, people get fired because they do things they’re not supposed to do. So I believe him in what he said about what happened. I still support him.”

Liberal Support for Christie Frustrates Democrats

Chris Christie’s well-publicized three-day campaign swing this week through the liberal heartland of California left Democrats back east exasperated, and even confused, by the Republican governor’s popularity with the Hollywood and Silicon Valley crowds.

Christie’s trip took him from Beverly Hills to La Jolla and Santa Barbara, and ended with a private event at the home of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg ..

Christie appeared two days earlier at the Beverly Hills Hotel, where about 30 to 40 Hollywood and entertainment attended the $3,800-a-ticket funder. Among the crowd, according to a report in the New York Post, was Disney Executive Gary Wilson, Richard “Skip” Bronson, and actress Sofía Vergara, who stars in the show, Modern Family, and has filmed a public service announcement for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).

Why Are Liberals Supporting Chris Christie

Huffington Post - Herman Cain "Chris Christie is Too Liberal For Conservatives'

Cain tells "Fox News Sunday" that many conservatives won't support Christie once they find out about his views on global warming, illegal immigrants and gun control.

Christie has broken with traditional conservative views on some issues. He has voiced support for some gun control, has said being in the country without proper documentation is not a crime, and has called climate change real and partially man-made.

Soros Funding Christie Reelection Campaign

Top Democratic fundraisers have been making sizable donations to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s re-election campaign. Even powerful President Obama supporters, like Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, gave money to Christie. Another notable donar: the ultra-liberal billionaire George Soros.

Soros and LIberal Democrats Backing Christie with Big Money

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is raking in money from unlikely sources — top Democratic fundraisers and liberal donors across the country who apparently would like to see the Republican re-elected.

A review by the Newark Star-Ledger of state and federal campaign finance records shows donations from a wide array of contributors, including the hedge fund run by liberal billionaire George Soros and faculty members at the University of California in Berkeley.

The Star-Ledger review found that five executives at Soros Fund Management gave a combined $19,000 to Christie's re-election campaign; John Doerr, a top Democratic fundraiser and venture capitalist in California, sent the maximum $3,800 donation for the Republican primary; and Tim Mullen, a Chicago investor who gave more than $100,000 to Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's campaign in 2011, also sent the maximum donation.

Major Democratic Donors Flock to Christie

•John Doerr, a top Democratic fundraiser and venture capitalist in California, sent Christie the maximum $3,800 donation for the Republican primary this year. So did his wife. Federal records show the couple has given more than $1.2 million to national Democrats since 1997.

•Tim Mullen, a Chicago investor who gave more than $100,000 to Emanuel’s campaign for mayor in 2011 and bundled from $200,000 to $500,000 for Obama in 2008, has also sent Christie a maximum donation, as has his wife Alice. Mullen was already a Christie donor in 2009, state records show.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The moral of the whole issue with Governor Christi is that he has been targeted to be destroyed in order to stop him from running for president candidate.

Dirty Politics as it best, people may no think that he is no getting enough spot light but he is and is tons of information in the net from new sources about him.

Sometimes politicians get arrogant to the point that they think that their secrets will never be uncovered.

Sadly Christi is one of those that think people will still vote for him outside New Jersey if he even gets to make it to the presidential nomination.

I guess when you think that Walls street will support you, you may feel that you are on top of the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Ignored on ATS not in msn. Can we just delete the thread. No one can stay on topic.

I thought I was on topic. I thought you were saying it was ignored everywhere. Sorry.

ATS Threads on Christie bridge-gate -

Emails Tie Chris Christie Staff to Bridge Flap
Christie Administration Caught Manipulating Traffic
Did Gov. Chris Christie Intentionally Cause Traffic Backup
Christie Accused of Bullying Political Enemies

There are four threads on the one subject ... so far.
All the documents haven't been dumped yet. So I'm sure there will be more.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Chris Christies weight absolutely is an issue and should be a big one, ..

Between his weight and his 'type A personality', he isn't healthy enough to hold the office of POTUS.
The job is stressful and hard enough on healthy people let alone someone with Christies issues.
If anyone votes for him, they'd better be taking a long hard look at whoever is Vice President.
That person will most likely end up being POTUS due to Christies health ... IMHO.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have not problem with people and weight issues, my younger brother is morbidly Obese and my mother is Obese along with many other members of my family.

But they have accepted their weight issue and live happy, Christi in the other hand is arrogant enough to make his weight problem a personal issue and rather than accept his wide figure as part of his personality he got surgery, ( that I do not condemn either) in order to get a more attractive image in order to have a chance for nomination.

He also have a bad temper and that is another issue when it comes to presidential hopefuls, not that it have not been other presidents with bad temper, but he has used his position of governor to push his own weight over people when debates get heated.

In my eyes he is too small town controversial to even consider to be a presidential candidate.

edit on 11-1-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Hey ya marg! Always nice to see you on the boards.

The problem I have with Christies weight is that he wants to be POTUS. If he was just a neighbor guy who was an engineer or bus driver or whatever, I wouldnt care. But if someone is POTUS, then they have to be able to function exceptionally, and that includes their health. The job is beyond stressful and it's hard enough for a morbidly obese person to get around let alone for one to stay healthy and capable in the office of POTUS.

I'd be afraid he'd have a stroke or heart attack that would incapacitate him or change his mental functioning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join