It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy of 12 hauled out of class by police over David Cameron facebook protest.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Maybe we should skip peaceful protesting and just get down to business with civil unrest and urban warfare.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

paraphi
Well just for balance.

1. I would like to see what this kid actually wrote because I doubt the police would react in this way without reason.
2. If this kid and his Mum, supported by the Daily Mirror, think this is so bad then file a complaint against the police. In that way we would all be able to see what he said and why the police reacted in this way.
3. The Daily Mirror is anti-Tory, so you would expect nothing less.
4. As a 12 year old he should not be on FaceBook!

Regards

1. WHAT are you talking about!
2. WHAT are you talking about!
3. WHAT are you talking about!
4. WHAT are you talking about!

This is a 12 year old boy, not yet a teenager even and was treated worse than a common criminal for expressing his political views, while trying to garner public support attempting to retain his youth club.

Get a grip mate...it's a child who decided to get off his xbox, psp and backside and actually do something constructive about threats to his community and was rewarded with very heavy handed, brutish treatment attempting to intimidate him into non-action.

I'll say again, get a grip.

So bloody much for Camerons so-called 'Big society' initiative to get people involved in community projects!
edit on 8-1-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I tried to star you but the system wouldn't let me (using Safari).

If I were the kid's parents I would try to seek legal redress, for instance find out if the cop's threats were legit, and if not charge him under whatever anti-bullying statues exist. Sue him for intentional mental distress. Even if it doesn't go through it would raise a stink.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maverick7

I certainly would have sought legal advice, and used ANY and ALL legislation i could dig up to throw back at them.

Bullying a kid like that...bloody disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I am not too sure what to think of this. I certainly suspect there is more to this story than the Mirror's simple take on it.

However, i thought that protests outside Downing Street were actually illegal these days? (i am not 100% on this as laws were passed and then some repealed so it is a bit confusing now!). If that is the case, then technically speaking he would have been in breach of anti-terror laws and therefore being contacted by Anti Terror Police should be expected. That said, surely common sense would have meant a simple post from said Anti Terror Police on his Facebook wall would have been a more appropriate response - along the lines of "Whilst we sympathise with your right and desire to protest, please ensure that it is carried out in an area with no restrictions" as opposed to actually hauling him out of class........

The Police actions do seem entirely out of all proportion, particularly for a minor. There must be more to this.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

kx12x

Above: terrorist scum.

That's how indoctrination works. Other kids in his class/elsewhere will see or hear about this and they'll grow up thinking it's normal or okay. That's all they will know, or rather what they won't know.

He and his mother are so awake, they look intelligent and very aware, with compassion! Wonderful picture.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I think you missed his point, he wasn't stating it was actually America, instead implying it seems we are following America's policing policy.

But hey ho.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Before everyone starts claiming that this is something new started by Cameron and the Tories, don't forget the pensioner, Walter Wolfgang who was thrown out of Labour's annual conference during Jack Straw's speech for shouting the word "nonsense" in September 2005 and was prevented from re-entering the building under the then new, anti-terrorists laws brought in by the Labour Govt Source

So, sadly this is nothing new and I don't think it's likely to improve anytime soon.

As an aside though, Facebook terms and conditions state that you must be 13 years or older to have an account, so technically he shouldn't be posting anything on Facebook at all..nothing to do with government and more about social media having rules in place to protect vulnerable children.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that he and his mother are "awake" as you call it from looking at a picture? To be honest, I am a bit concerned that a mother does not seem to be monitoring her 12 yr old child's internet use by allowing him to have a facebook account at an age where the facebook t&c's don't allow it

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

KBadger
As a poster up there said, this story is now three years old. Does nobody check anything before running off with their emotions?

we are only human we are allowed to be emotional !

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Short sharp shock?

It's what the police used to do before the "namby pampy anti-free thought bleedin' heart liberals" made them terrified to even touch a child for fear of being branded a paedophile......

He might learn to think about what he says very very loudly in public, before it does cause him real trouble?
edit on 8-1-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

sapien82

KBadger
As a poster up there said, this story is now three years old. Does nobody check anything before running off with their emotions?

we are only human we are allowed to be emotional !

And it's only in the last century that we've been bred to be led by them. Doesn't it make more sense to get all the facts and information before getting emotional? Or should we grab the fire and pitchforks first?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

A young boy using facebook for generally positive reasons is frog-marched out of class under suspected anti-terror laws and has been informed he is now being monitored.

Thereby intimidating him and instilling in him the idea that protesting is wrong and something not to be done.

Obviously the policeman had nothing better to do. Were they really under the impression that such a protest was a threat? From a young boy? Truly pathetic.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

I would have thought emotion is exactly what "They" wish to remove from our society.

The only emotions that TPTB are interested in are fear and anger all others only serve to diminish their level of control over the populace.

edit on 8-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by KBadger

I would have thought emotion is exactly what "They" wish to remove from our society.

The only emotions that TPTB are interested in are fear and anger all others only serve to diminish their level of control over the populace.

edit on 8-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

"They" don't want to get rid of emotion at all. You hit the nail on the head with fear and anger, that's all they want you to have. There's nothing wrong with emotions, but they should come after you've gathered all the facts. They should never be use as the initial response, 'cause then you get threads like this

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

LABTECH767

Remember that cameron comes from a long line of wealthy people whom actually think they are a superior species and destined to rule (or that is what eton educates into them), the Tory party (Not the conservative as they are different creatures, edwina curry was conservative and she cared about people enough to ruin her career)

S+F

edit on 7-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

Edwina Currie warned the public about the increased chances of getting Salmonella poisoning from factory farmed eggs. Shoppers panicked and both the supermarkets and factory farmers to be furious with the government.

Then the Conservatives also removed the restriction of offal (bits of unwanted cow meat including brains and spinal columns) to be used as cow feed pellets. Then that caused the great BSE or "mad cow disease" food scare.

There were others events too. You couldn't list them all - everything from privatized water companies poisoning people with aluminum contaminated water, to privatized rail-track companies not bothering to inspect the lines.

Unfortunately, the ones at the top don't really understand technology or science, they just really look for something that looks a safe bet or a "cash cow", that has a monopoly. The minute anything gets regulated like energy companies, then they become "boring utilities".

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

w8tn4it
It used to be... when I was his age you were a protester speaking your mind. Nowadays, you're a terrorist! Question- Who is the real terrorist? I think the Gov't. What say you ATS?

You are aware that you are now a terrorist for just saying the word “terrorist” in your post, right? Oh crap, now I’m a terrorist for saying that damn darn word in my post. I guess we’re both screwed!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Anti terror Police?
He' not exactly Martin Mcguiness or Jerry Adams.
These people are Morons, they are serving the very evil that will see their own children slaves of a mega rich elite that treats everyone that is not them like serfs.
We have rights and we have freedom of speech and we have the right to protest, basic God given rights.No one no matter how deluded or decadent they become have the right to take them away from us, when that happens the country begins topple from within.
Evil attaches itself to the host and consumes it which in turn destroys itself.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

If its about him being under age for a Facebook account then why are the anti terror Police involved?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Reading a story like this makes me want to jump on FB to check for status updates. Hehe!

I have a friend who loves to jump on FB and tell all his gun buddies about the fire power he has. Not only does he talk about having guns, but he makes it an effort to tell everyone what kind of guns he has.

Are people that upid?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join