It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need an Animal Forum ! - I join All members that Already Asked for It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
3 pages thread and still no signals of admin. , owner or mods. Very disappointing.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Lets have a look at some of the forums.

Comics
Video games
US sports
World Sports
Cooking
Travel
2012 (still? wtf?)
If any person thinks any of the above would be more popular than a pets and animal forum they are crackers.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

BM, my thoughts exactly! I was looking at the forums last night and was going to list some exactly the way you have done but it was a bit late

I have to go to work now, I hope there'll be a response from the ATS PTB when I get home tonight, thumbs up!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
All we really need to do is determine whether or not our future includes animals. If it does not, then there would be no need for any "Animal" forum!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Good post.

No animals = no human race! unless of course GM food provides all the worlds food requirements.
Doubtful with global warming creating more desertification.
But there's plenty more fish in the sea...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Trueman
reply to post by nugget1

It wouldn't be all about animal cruelity. It will depend of what members will add to the forum. That's freedom of speech somehow?

I have no interest in reading about animal cruelty. Your post was not what I wanted to read.

Amazing Animals might be a better forum title, so it can be nice inspiring stories or members posting about their pets.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ironic???.... Meanwhile we do this rant, there is a thread made by a MOD in Science & Tech. Forum called : Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If this Animal forum you're imagining doesn't include a rule, no posting about animal cruelty or any other offensive subject, then I wouldn't step foot in it. It would be a horrible forum if anything goes.

edit on 6-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

violet
If this Animal forum you're imagining doesn't include a rule, no posting about animal cruelty or any other offensive subject, then I wouldn't step foot in it. It would be a horrible forum if anything goes.

We don't need more rules. We have tools for that, they call them flags and stars. It's the way we've been doing here for years. Also we have mods and you can alert them if you see something rude, it's one click.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Violet, gotta say your responses have made me think differently about this... Yep I've been championing such a forum and even though I've already said that some cruelty threads are going to be par for the course, I thought 'oh well I'm not going to read them' so no problem... but...

Today I imagined all those headlines in one place, potentially one sick story after the other.. Right now there's the odd animal cruelty thread here and there but there's not many thank god and I won't read it anyway. The idea of a page-full of such headlines actually makes me feel really sick and depressed.

Lots of us would end up avoiding that forum like the plague, so kinds of defeats the point really doesn't it?

I even dreamed about this thread last night, yes I know I need to get a life
But it's makes such practical sense to get a forum up! And Violet, your idea of ''Amazing Animals'' sounds just the ticket I reckon... Any cruelty threads just get moved or deleted in the usual prompt-mod way. Sorted. Please ATS?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Trueman

violet

We don't need more rules. We have tools for that, they call them flags and stars. It's the way we've been doing here for years. Also we have mods and you can alert them if you see something rude, it's one click.

I don't see how flags and stars are tools for that.
I was here long before flags and stars were implemented.
It needs to be G Rated.

You seem to be gung-ho for the animal tortures to be included. If that's your preference you can google those stories. I don't know if you love animals or get pleasure from reading about their suffering. Most of us are turned off by that.

I love animals and it breaks my heart to see them suffering. It would be offensive to have threads like that.

There are many species that are beautiful, colourful and posting pics of them would be a good thread. Things like that.

Some people like to talk about their pets and share photos or those funny animal videos from YouTube.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is my little girl Hannah

She looks smaller than she is because of the angle I took the photo from . She was squinting from the Sun

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Logos23
Just to clarify....are people expressing that they wouldn't wish to see any reports or stories about individual cases of animal cruelty and or suffering? And that they would wish for the T&C's in such a forum to reflect this?

Basically, yes. If it's a news story it can go in news where it's an alert to the person it may be offensive to see.

There are people who get their kicks out of animal suffering and might post with a misleading headline

We all know this happens to animals and I see the point from the other side, that we should deal with realty and muster up the strength to watch it until we are desensitized. It's just something I choose to banish from my field of vision.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

You are 100% wrong about me I love animals as much as I love to face the truth, even if it hurt sometimes. Better than close my eyes and pretend that the world is perfect.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Maybe we should start another thread to make the mod's take notice???

Don't know. Any other idea's???

ATS Directors ~~~ please let us know if you will consider an "Animal/Pets Forum".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe a signature text/link, linking back to this thread or a graphic link back here used by numerous members in support of the forum idea to help promote?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

MrLimpet
reply to post by Trueman

Maybe we should start another thread to make the mod's take notice???

Don't know. Any other idea's???

ATS Directors ~~~ please let us know if you will consider an "Animal/Pets Forum".

dreamingawake
Maybe a signature text/link, linking back to this thread or a graphic link back here used by numerous members in support of the forum idea to help promote?

At this point we should wonder why ATS Staff remained in silence after 4 pages. It's an interesting question or not?...conspiracy within.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join