It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need an Animal Forum ! - I join All members that Already Asked for It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Many times members asked for it, I don't understand why we don't have it yet. Care to join the rant?

Let me add a motivational source (feel free to add yours with your post):

Burns and Blasts: In 1946, near the Bikini Atoll in the South Pacific, 4,000 sheep, goats, and other animals loaded onto a boat and set adrift were killed or severely burned by an atomic blast detonated above them. The military nicknamed the experiment "The Atomic Ark."

At the Army's Fort Sam Houston, live rats were immersed in boiling water for 10 seconds, and a group of them were then infected on parts of their burned bodies.

In 1987, at the Naval Medical Institute in Maryland, rats' backs were shaved, covered with ethanol, and then "flamed" for 10 seconds.

In 1988, at Kirkland Air Force Base in New Mexico, sheep were placed in a loose net sling against a reflecting plate, and an explosive device was detonated 19 meters away. In two of the experiments, 48 sheep were blasted: the first group to test the value of a vest worn during the blast, and the second to see if chemical markers aided in the diagnosis of blast injury
(they did not).

Radiation: At the Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute in Maryland, nine rhesus monkeys were strapped in chairs and exposed to total-body irradiation. Within two hours, six of the nine were vomiting, hypersalivating, and chewing. In another experiment, 17 beagles were exposed to total-body irradiation, studied for one to seven days, and then killed. The experimenter concluded that radiation affects the gallbladder.

www.worldanimalfoundation.net...
edit on 5-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Second that!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Let's fix the human first , animals later.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just put pictures of animals in the food forum
Vegetarians will like the cute animals and meat eaters will lick their chops.
Win Win
edit on 5-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have seen it mentioned several times in other threads that an "Animal & Pet Forum" would be much appreciated.

However, I think those mentioning it were hoping for something a bit more positive.

edit on 5-1-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

most people dont want to know how their food looked before processing

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
An animal forum so we can read about the sick twisted things humans do to the helpless and innocent? Read about things that haunt your memory all day after reading them? When I clicked on this post, I thought it was for members to write in about their pets and cute stories about wildlife, and I was all for that.

I often wonder what kind of mind would enjoy reading about the horrendous mistreatment of any living thing. I am beginning to think I am in the minority after reading your post.

Thanks for the horror stories.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

xavi1000
Let's fix the human first , animals later.

Stopping animal abuse is one step on that direction.

We already have a "People" forum. Try to fix humans there.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I've said my piece on this, I am all for it.

second line

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

jdb51
An animal forum so we can read about the sick twisted things humans do to the helpless and innocent? Read about things that haunt your memory all day after reading them? When I clicked on this post, I thought it was for members to write in about their pets and cute stories about wildlife, and I was all for that.

I often wonder what kind of mind would enjoy reading about the horrendous mistreatment of any living thing. I am beginning to think I am in the minority after reading your post.

I gave star to your post. It's an excellent "reverse psychology tactic", even more motivational than my initial post. Thanks for pointing out how much we need the animal forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sorry; if that's the type of information that would appear on an animal forum, I would have to vote 'nae'.

Science, the military, the US government and your next door neighbor all condone animal cruelty, and sharing gruesome stories will not change anything.

Our government runs as a well-oiled machine, and 'we the people' are insignificant, expendable parts.

The majority of citizens do not believe anything can be changed at this point without violence, so a forum based on these types of articles would only serve to satisfy the reading enjoyment of the depraved,or serve to desensitize those in society that are 'sitting on the fence',IMHO.

Garbage in; garbage out.
edit on 7u1010America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

P.S. Would this forum be the recruiting grounds for PETA or Greenpeace? Their hearts might be in the right place, but their tactics only discredit any good they try to do.
edit on 70000001111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

It wouldn't be all about animal cruelity. It will depend of what members will add to the forum. That's freedom of speech somehow?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
"I gave star to your post. It's an excellent "reverse psychology tactic", even more motivational than my initial post. Thanks for pointing out how much we need the animal forum.'

Anyone who would enjoy reading this type of forum which highlights the sick and twisted are mirroring a lack of moral compass. Love animals…..but, it's the humans who need fixing! It's akin to stopping at car wrecks hoping to see blood and gore. Thanks, but no thanks!
edit on 5-1-2014 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

jdb51

So, out of sight, out of mind? No one should do anything about it?

Some one needs to bear witness to these poor lives being tossed away like garbage, even if we can't do anything about it at the moment.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here here! I've mentioned it a few times, along with lots of others. I truly do not understand why we don't have an Animals & Pets forum already. We have Cryptzoology so how on earth there isn't a forum for discussing our existing animals beats me....

Having said that, I really wish I hadn't read your full OP. If there was such a forum and it ended up full of stories like that I wouldn't read them anyway.... I'd never sleep peacefully again.

edit on 5-1-2014 by paradisepurple because: Gr.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

It wouldn't be all about animal cruelity. It will depend of what members will add to the forum. That's freedom of speech somehow?

I can only hope that ATS would hold to a higher standard than a forum like this.

There are many animal rights activist groups on the internet that would love to hear these horror stories.

Where will it end? A forum where we can all share the gory details of what Holocaust victims suffered during 'medical' experiments?
edit on 7u1111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

jdb51

That's what I thought as well.

Guess I should have read the entire OP "motivational source" first.

I'm all for an Animal Forum for members to write in about their pets, cute stories, wildlife and health issues.

I care nothing about sick twisted things.

Joining you!!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Animal cruelity would be just one aspect we can discuss in an animal forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Trueman
reply to post by paradisepurple

Animal cruelity would be just one aspect we can discuss in an animal forum.

I would be all for a forum to discuss the HUMAN side of what CAUSES animal cruelty,sans the gorey details.

Horror stories will do nothing to solve the problem; you need to get to the root of the monster, which is mans depravity.

Let's discuss that, without vivid, soul-haunting descriptions.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

Exactly! Stories, pictures and videos of cute cuddly things and even the not so cute cuddly things, it would be such a great forum! Except anything to do with spiders

I guess threads about current animal cruelty for those with the stomach to read them will be par for the course and fine if it means it will change people's views on some issues and lead to more awareness and changes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join