It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knockout "Game" Backfires, Woman Attacked- What Is Going On With Our Society???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

boymonkey74
We call it Happy slapping here in the UK. Here is a few idiots getting what they deserve.

Must admit I can't wait for someone to try this in Texas lol.
Slap...bang..the end.

bwuahahahahahah

i love it. those guys got tuned up fast.
i hope that starts to happen more.
the guy walking with the lady didnt even think about it and they didnt know what to doo.
perfect

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

To the "Happy Slapping" comment: Happy slapping (with an open hand) is a lot different than a closed fist and an attempt to knock a person out. Happy slapping usually doesn't come with a curb-stomping and robbery either.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
whats with the gun talk?
im glad more people do NOT carry for this reason.
not everything deserves death.

this knockout game or happy slapping is terrible but do you deserve to be shot to death for it?
i certainly dont think so.

this really makes me wonder how much worse things would be if more of these 'law abiding citizens' ha guns.

a lot of people seem trigger happy to me. at least they talk that way.

i think people would be playing judge and jury on the streets and handing out death sentences for every little infraction.
steal a candy bar?
death to the scum

come on. people do rehabilitate you know.

too much violence out there and from how people sound off i do not want more people toting guns.
just my opinion

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

To the "Happy Slapping" comment: Happy slapping (with an open hand) is a lot different than a closed fist and an attempt to knock a person out. Happy slapping usually doesn't come with a curb-stomping and robbery either.

ok.
you didnt really need to point that out but thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Sure I did. The comparison between a slap and a violent racially motivated assault isn't even really all that relevant.

Also, as far as "all this gun talk" goes... If someone attempts to attack and knock out myself, my spouse or my child (an act that can cause severe injury, brain injury, dental injury, permanent disability and even death) then yes, they clearly DO deserve to be shot and killed in an attempt to stop that from happening.

If you don't value your life or the life of those that you love enough to defend it, that is up to you - but common sense, a basic will to survive and a parental instinct would drive me to shoot an attacker and frankly shoot to kill, not shoot to simply stop the knockout game. That fight or flight mechanism in people is actually a perfectly natural, normal and healthy reaction - I would be concerned with anyone who did not have it.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

Sure I did. The comparison between a slap and a violent racially motivated assault isn't even really all that relevant.

Also, as far as "all this gun talk" goes... If someone attempts to attack and knock out myself, my spouse or my child (an act that can cause severe injury, brain injury, dental injury, permanent disability and even death) then yes, they clearly DO deserve to be shot and killed in an attempt to stop that from happening.

If you don't value your life or the life of those that you love enough to defend it, that is up to you - but common sense, a basic will to survive and a parental instinct would drive me to shoot an attacker and frankly shoot to kill, not shoot to simply stop the knockout game. That fight or flight mechanism in people is actually a perfectly natural, normal and healthy reaction - I would be concerned with anyone who did not have it.

should the punishment not fit the crime?
you think i dont have a fight response because i dont advocate shooting someone to death?

i just dont think a teen out there playing a slap game deserves to be shot dead. does not mean i wont defend my family.
wouldnt do your family any good rotting in jail for man slaughter you know.
either way, i guess thats for another thread

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You don't get it. PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THE BULL****!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

suz62

no. i get it.
in general i dont put much time and effort into caring about people.
that said, im not a cowboy. i think the punishment should fit the crime and it seems like the pro carry guys advocate being shot to death for this stuff and i just dont agree.

i love the way the dude that was walking with his lady friend tuned those guys up. they got a beat down, theyre in a bit of pain and they will think twice about pulling that stunt again.
i do not think the guy doing the slapping deserved to be shot to death for that.
you dont think that is a bit excessive?
maybe i am odd man out.
a beat down is fair punishment. murder, not so much.
guess im just not a tough guy cowboy

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.
that said, im not a cowboy. i think the punishment should fit the crime and it seems like the pro carry guys advocate being shot to death for this stuff and i just dont agree.

i love the way the dude that was walking with his lady friend tuned those guys up. they got a beat down, theyre in a bit of pain and they will think twice about pulling that stunt again.
i do not think the guy doing the slapping deserved to be shot to death for that.
maybe i am odd man out.

What you don't get is that a beatdown is happening, not a slap.

It isn't cowboy to want to protect yourself from a racist potentially deadly attack. To think so is really really simple.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

You mention children.. yep. A 5 Yr old boy was punched in the head by 2 females.. knocked him down. 20 year old man PUNCHES a 16 year old girl and knocks her out on the sidewalk. The list goes on and on. I guess no one cares enough to really look atthis problem before they think they have ALL the solutions.

But hey, its just a GAME.
www.kmov.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.

maybe i am odd man out.

It isn't cowboy to want to protect yourself from a racist potentially deadly attack. To think so is really really simple.

so what is the cutoff? when is a beat down enough and when do you need to whip out the steel?
scratch that. it dont matter

i will just say that people like you, the gun guys with the shoot people to death attitude make me just as nervous as the knockout/slap guys.
i wouldnt feel comfortable around either of you and im glad neither of you live in my neighborhood.
edit*
nothing personal man

edit on 9-12-2013 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is attempted murder. Pre-meditated to me if someone dies(and they have). Sorry this is not a game. Also if someone gets shot doing it tough shut they are commuting a violent crime. Violent. Thus is not the spit on someone game....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.

maybe i am odd man out.

so what is the cutoff? when is a beat down enough and when do you need to whip out the steel?

i will just say that people like you, the gun guys with the shoot people to death attitude make me just as nervous as the knockout/slap guys.
i wouldnt feel comfortable around either of you and im glad neither of you live in my neighborhood.
edit*
nothing personal man

Says the guy from the country that created Apartheid...

Well, if the knockout game spreads to your neighborhood I wish you luck. After you get your skull bashed in, you will have LOTS of time while in your coma to think about where that line is that "people like" me, the "gun guys" could have stepped in to save you.

Seriously, if ignorance is bliss then you must be THRILLED!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.

maybe i am odd man out.

edit*
nothing personal man

Well, if the knockout game spreads to your neighborhood I wish you luck. After you get your skull bashed in, you will have LOTS of time while in your coma to think about where that line is that "people like" me, the "gun guys" could have stepped in to save you.

what are you on about with talking apartheid?
youre thinking i live someplace i dont

if i dont whip out a gun and shoot to death that means i get a skull bashing?
if you say so.
i'll take my chances
edit*
why the need to call me ignorant cause i wouldnt advocate someone getting shot to death?
there are various levels of violence.
carry on gentleman and ladies.
im out of this one

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.

maybe i am odd man out.

edit*
nothing personal man

if you say so.
i'll take my chances

It is simple so try to follow the best you can...

You are comparing apples to oranges with your slap a chap day or whatever silly British thing that was...

Learn about the topic - RACIALLY motivated SERIOUSLY DEADLY assaults taking place - before you go off generalizing people as "cowboys" and "gun guys" etc. It only makes you look foolish and does not add to the topic at hand which is a growing style of unprovoked assault.

Edit to add: I am sorry if I misspoke... I thought you were from England - the country that colonized South Africa and created Apartheid.
edit on 9-12-2013 by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies because: Needs a better grasp on Geography apparently

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wales isn't a violent place? What would you do? Roll over? What if slapping back isn't an option?
edit on 12/9/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.

maybe i am odd man out.

edit*
nothing personal man

if you say so.
i'll take my chances

You are comparing apples to oranges with your slap a chap day or whatever silly British thing that was...

Learn about the topic - RACIALLY motivated SERIOUSLY DEADLY assaults taking place - before you go off generalizing people as "cowboys" and "gun guys" etc. It only makes you look foolish and does not add to the topic at hand which is a growing style of unprovoked assault.

i was commenting about a video posted in the thread. that is allowed
are you not a 'gun guy?
do you have guns? are you pro gun?
if so then what is the problem with being called a gun guy?

you know, some people are car guys?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

suz62
Wales isn't a violent place? What would you do? Roll over?

He would simply be beaten to death apparently... But at least he wouldn't have used a gun.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

CardiffGiant

suz62

no. i get it.

maybe i am odd man out.

edit*
nothing personal man

if you say so.
i'll take my chances

i was commenting about a video posted in the thread. that is allowed
are you not a 'gun guy?
do you have guns? are you pro gun?
if so then what is the problem with being called a gun guy?

you know, some people are car guys?

I carry a gun for my line of work. It doesn't make me a gun guy or pro gun, it simply is a tool to serve a specific purpose when needed. Like a hammer... A hammer hits a nail when needed. A gun shoots an assailant when needed. Pretty simple really.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah this "game" must be spreading quite heavily. I've been seeing quite a bit of threads about it. Hell, I had no idea people did this for "fun" about a month ago. Or made a game out of it.

As far as the whole gun sub-conversation, I'd have to say it could be justified. As long as it was unprovoked. Typically when someone gets into a fist fight, it is considered assault. When you attack someone with a weapon, such as a knife or a gun, it is assault with a deadly weapon.

And if you look at a boxer, or MMA fighter for example, their fists could be considered a lethal weapon. A fist can kill someone if it hits the right spot. Or even a elbow, foot, or knee. And anyone can train to be more effective at fighting, it's not really that hard to do.

Many injuries can come into play with a simple well placed, and hard punch. And it doesn't help that these people are completely oblivious it's coming. That makes it even more dangerous. At least if you see it coming you can brass yourself.

Also, you have to consider the injuries someone can get after they were to be hit. Especially if they were to be knocked out. Someone can fall over and break their neck by landing neck-first on something. Someone can lost teeth my landing mouth first onto a curb and have to spend thousands in medical bills. Or maybe someone will crack their skull and have brain trauma because of it.

But if your willing to physically harm someone, you better bet that you might get it in return, and I would have no sympathy if one of those idiots ended up getting killed playing their "game." They would get what was coming to them.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join