It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Why Poor People's Bad Decisions Make Perfect Sense

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

YourGod
This Bitch's problem sure ain't smoking. It is having Kids when She lacks the Resources or Maturity to have Children in the first place!

So says the one who takes the time to call a total stranger an expletive on the interwebz... In a forum she will never see... Where she cannot defend herself.

YourGodHell more than 99% of the world's population are mentally, emotionally and financially unfit to have children! Yet we continuously see more and more babies being born from immature psychotic parents every second!

Well it's good to see that we have such intelligent, civic minded, responsible people like you to continue propagating the species. I bow down to your super-cool-awesome specialness.

YourGodIgnorance begets Ignorance! Madness begets Madness! This is why Humanity as a race is going down the Drain! Because too many Inferior Human Beings are giving Birth and passing on their Inferior Genes to the next generation to create the next generation of Inferior Slaves!
edit on 25-11-2013 by YourGod because: (no reason given)

The irony of this statement from you is just too sad to warrant more than one line.

The problem isn't the poor. It never has been. The problem is the human need to maintain a hierarchy; no matter how short sighted, brutal, or... hypocritical it may be. You may want to note that a lack of empathy, coupled with anger issues are traits of a psychopath. I'm just sayin'. Come to think of it, couple that with apparent misanthropy... Wow. You are the total package aren't you cupcake?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It seems to me that there is a striking correlation between poor folk and early pregnancies.

It seems that emotion (the need for love), rather than logic, gets the better of youth nowadays.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

combatmaster
It seems to me that there is a striking correlation between poor folk and early pregnancies.

It seems that emotion (the need for love), rather than logic, gets the better of youth nowadays.

People make mistakes, its that simple.

Poor people dont have anyone to pick up the pieces, they are left dependent on the state for their mistakes.
None of us are immune to making mistakes.

And not everyone is poor when they have their children, but you know, life has a funny way of throwing curveballs at you.
Circumstances change.

When did young people start using logic over emotion or naivety?
Some people dont realise how hard having children is until they actually try it.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 18:06:43 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

OneManArmy

combatmaster

Poor people dont have anyone to pick up the pieces, they are left dependent on the state for their mistakes.

And not everyone is poor when they have their children, but you know, life has a funny way of throwing curveballs at you.
Circumstances change.

Some people dont realise how hard having children is until they actually try it.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 18:06:43 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately for me, i have more to say than time will allow..... but i agree curveballs in life do suck!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

ketsuko
I'm not sure how broccoli can be intimidating.

You buy it, you wash it, and you eat it. You don't have to cook it at all if you don't want to.

Maybe the taste. Like Stewie says "Vile weed" a lot of people don't like it. I happen to enjoy it, myself. Though if you really don't like something it can be intimidating.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

whitewave
She did say she was a poor person explaining it about the poor. I found it honest and raw and tragic. More than a little depressing. Hopefully when she gets out of school her situation will improve.

hopefully it will....

120k+/- 20k is still over her head.. my situation is i'm to old to even get a 4 year because the loan is cal'd by the # years to repay the loan back ..

Plus, at this point, even through there are some jobs out there, it's purely depending on the what is up and coming for R&D, even then standard companies only provide 15% of the their total budge to R&D, prolly even less if you live overseas...but I don't live overseas, even still there's a very small cap on R&D.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

ldyserenity

ketsuko
I'm not sure how broccoli can be intimidating.

You buy it, you wash it, and you eat it. You don't have to cook it at all if you don't want to.

Maybe the taste. Like Stewie says "Vile weed" a lot of people don't like it. I happen to enjoy it, myself. Though if you really don't like something it can be intimidating.

Well, when I was reading her post, it seemed to me she was referring to her inability to cook and used broccoli as an example. Now, if she didn't like it. OK. But if she was referring to it as intimidating to cook ... well bad choice because you don't have to cook it. In fact, most vegetables, even potatoes can be eaten raw if you need to.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

OneManArmy

combatmaster

Circumstances change.

Yeah, but it's not exactly rocket science.

If you:
1. Finish high school
2. Hold down a full-time job any job (easier said than done these days, admittedly)
3. Don't have kids until you marry

Your chances of being mired in the same type of soul-sucking poverty this lady is in drop dramatically to around 10% or less. Or at least it used to be that before our current regime.
edit on 25-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

ketsuko
Yeah, but it's not exactly rocket science.

If you:
1. Finish high school
2. Hold down a full-time job any job (easier said than done these days, admittedly)
3. Don't have kids until you marry

Your chances of being mired in the same type of soul-sucking poverty this lady is in drop dramatically to around 10% or less. Or at least it used to be that before our current regime.
edit on 25-11-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

Not that I disagree with you, but #3 is quite difficult to expect people to do. People have sex purely out of instinct, and reproduce for the same reason. Few people are capable of acting against their instincts, throw in social pressures and it's even more difficult.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I agree. But it is not my responsibility to provide for others.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YourGod

Have you considered that maybe we should stop trying to fight nature? Sex is a part of nature, same as having kids. It's our SOCIETY which is trying to throw a curve at nature.

Question: What usually happens when we as humanity goes against nature?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

YourGod
I will say this right now. I ain't poor but I sure as hell ain't rich either. However, I am smart enough to escape almost all the traps placed upon me by the System by never wasting a single second of my time or even a single dime on talking to women, let alone dating them.

edit on 25-11-2013 by YourGod because: (no reason given)

Upon further information.......disregard what I said! I see your situation....LOL.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YourGod

What's the point of living if..........you're not living?

I have a saying I use on people like you sometime:

So you get to Heaven and you proudly proclaim to God, "God look how I lived my life. I abstaned from sex, drugs, greed and all the other things you don't like! Aren't you proud of me?"

Then God responds, "You're an idiot! If I didn't want you to partake and enjoy yourself I would never have placed you on Earth!"

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Please read my response to this article here. medium.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Please read my response to the article here. medium.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Please read my response to that article here. medium.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SherP

I did and I'm sorry if I offended you with this story , that is absolutely not what I'd hoped to achieve.. but did you read your mail ?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Apparently the author of that piece was lying about being poor.
Here is a link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see a lot of egg on a lot of faces.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Even if she has not been as poor as she was saying,or is not that poor any more-i see no reason for egg on any faces-there are more than enough folks who Really are that poor,and worse-so she basically just summed up what a helluva lot of folks go through every day-and worse.THAT is why so many members could relate-there are many many folks with really difficult lives due to poverty-so no one needs to feel they got egged,This woman just wrote what many members may not have felt brave enough to start a thread on, themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

So, basically cast away the fact that she lied.

No wonder or society is going down the toilet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join