It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military morale at unprecedented low; Obama building 'compliant officer class'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Ah, WND, what a great...waste of space on the internet!

Here's the thing about Officers and the US Military (including the Coast Guard): They all serve at the Pleasure of the President AND, under Article 88 of the UCMJ, they can be Court Martialed for using contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Enlisted folks can say anything they want about the government but Officers can't. The more political officers will actually retire when a President of a different political bent is elected. I knew one Warrant that retired before President Obama was elected so that his Presidential Certificate would be signed by a Republican. Officers should be Apolitical but that's impossible. Mostly they keep quiet about officials and policies until after they are retired.

Fun fact: An officer can still be court martialed after retirement. But that is only in extreme cases.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Consider the source. Seriously, WND? Wow.

I'm retired military. I can tell you the reason the mainstream media isn't covering this is because it isn't happening.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Hmmm, some website called survivalandprosperty, and newsmax. Those two aren't any better than WND.

No, I'd much rather get my news from MSM rather than some right wing fringe website.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Ahhhhh . . . you'd rather get your news from the globalist/communist/NWO controlled media . . . the ultra REGRESSIVES . . .

OK. I think I understand where your sentiments lie.

What I don't understand is what resulted in your trusting THOSE ultra-traitors.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So if you eliminate the 157 Air Force Majors Obama has fired 40 Officers in 5 years, howmany Senior Officers did Bush fire over the same period?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Because on several holidays when I was far from home President Bush came to where I was. He served me food with his own hands. He looked me in the eye. He thanked me for what I was doing. He may not have cared but he played the game well.

President Obama had me disarmed and made me stand in a warehouse for his arrival (never on deployment and never during a holiday). He gave his speech to a group (camera) and then left. He made it plain to all that we were beneath him.

Neither one may respect the military but at least one pays respect to the military.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
You read stuff like this and you have to wonder how stupid people have to be to buy into it. Lets just forget the Obama was the first Dem. that crushed his GOP opponents in military donations in a very long time and that Obama is about as popular as any President in the military. Lets just forget all that. Lets just forget because of my past a large portion of the people I know are former or current members of the miliraty intelligence community and that they think I am wasting my time debating "crazy" people. Just what the hell is a compliant officer class? The officers are already compliant in case people have not noticed. However let us just pretend some how Obama is secretly removing officers, he does not get to pic their replacements so what would be the point? Also he leaves office in 2 years why would he bother? Considering that people at the highest postitons tend to only stay 2 to 3 years and either move up or retire how is this year any different than every other one? I get civilians are clueless about how things work in the military so you end with BS stoties like this or the banning of the dont tread on me patch etc. It just gets real old after awhile.
How many would vote for him now?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

He insured that such folks guarding him and serving him during his terms had as many holidays with their families as he could at all manage . . . laying low at the Texas ranch with the minimal staff needed. That shows a lot of genuine respect, to me.

I don't doubt that he was compelled to play the globalist game . . . certainly his dad was/is a super globalist jerk. Anyway--there's a starkly obvious qualitative difference in the people skills and the authenticity of the two.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:

The US military is like any organization, there is one person at the top, then other members that follow on down to the entry level person.

The President, is in charge of the military, he is the person who determines where the military should move and when, that decides on its directions. The officers there in the military, all are a part of said organization.

In some parts, the President is correct, he sets the policies, and the military is required to comply. It is not up to the Generals to listen or ignore, to decide if they are going to do what is required and ordered to do. If they do not listen to orders, then by all means remove the officers from their positions, and ask them to resign their commissions.

Being an officer, about an O4 or higher, and even some senior NCO’s, happens to be mostly political. You have to score high on the reviews, and work to get to the next rank. And work hard. If one does not work hard for that position, then they are not effective.

I do not believe that all of the old school officers are gone, just that the smart ones are keeping their mouths shut and a low profile. That way they can keep their job, collect a paycheck and retire with full benefits, knowing that the higher in rank they are the greater the spotlight is on them.

I would say if anything they are waiting and watching, partially to see who will sit in that chair. Something tells me that if it is a candidate similar to that one, there may be a point where the military leaders leave the military than stick around.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am sorry I am guessing englsh is not your first langauge, what are you trying to say? Yes in 1945 the world was divided into two camps of nearly equal power. After decades of massive defense spending and proxy wars the world is now left with one side lead by the the most dominate military power in history. The US has no military rival and is allied to most of the other great powers on Earth. I hope that helps you understand a bit better and helps clear up your confusion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join