It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Clash With protesters Outside Whitehouse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Someday a handful of police are going to start cracking heads and the multitude is spontaneously going to rip them apart limb from limb. The vets along time ago decided the old adage of "today is as good as any other day to die" so you never know what will set them off because they have honor... Cross that honor redline and see what happens IMO.

Even the old vets who have worked and retired are some of the most pissed off and might just start something they would regret later. Not today, maybe tomorrow, but someday it will happen if tempers are not cooled.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
you can watch the videos of the live stream
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

some more pics and news here (link zerohedge)

Obviously snipers are being deployed.

edit on 13-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

No of course not, but at the same time that does not mean that i cannot sympathize with the police when they are surrounded by a angry mob.

I support freedom of speech, and the right to democratic protest, that does not mean however that I also support bashing the police just because they are police.

Seriously, coming from someone from the UK???? I have seen more "VIOLENT" protests coming from your side of the pond than I can ever remember coming from ours!

Honestly, the most violent protests I can compare to the ones you have, are when a bunch of drunken idiots celebrate their favorite sports team winning a play off game! We have had a few, but they were racial. Such as the Watts riots and after the Rodney King trial....

I didn't see anything of the like in this video other than some people standing up for their rights, and a bunch of cops whom took orders from their government masters......

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I must ask though, how do you fight tyranny?

If you were actually fighting tyranny then I might be more understanding of people treating police officers like this.

but you're not, lots of people in America like to say "ohh the tyranny of obama" but you are not living under a Tyrannical government you are living under a democratically elected government. The very fact that protests like this can go on demonstrates that you are not living under tyranny, you have the right to demonstrate but with those rights come responsibilities. The biggest responsibility being to protest peacefully.

link   

I hate to tell you there is a million and 1 reasons today for people to be pissed of..

Lets see.. Jobs, Obamacare, Debt, and on and on and on..

The reason for the right to protest and grievance the government is to show we do not like what they are doing..

These people can go on how they are trained and spill the blood of tyrants and patriots alike and start a revolution because a revolution should be good every 20 yrs or so..

See that.. The forefathers said it is wise to fight for the freedom the constitution insures us, if we don't well.... Welcome to today...

link   

You genetically modify rabbits to grow to the size of kangaroos, arms them with automatic weapons and then get to work. That's how i fight tyranny anyway.

I am confused tho....the guy who arguably started the shutdown showed up at the march and wasn't arrested by the protestors. Wasn't that the whole point?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

most of the demonstration was a beautiful thing,

You gradually take away the power of the offices that the abusers hold.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

ohhh this so annoying why?

why do you have to turn this into a UK vs USA debate with lines like this

Seriously, coming from someone from the UK???? I have seen more "VIOLENT" protests coming from your side of the pond than I can ever remember coming from ours!

Really?

Ok then what about the 1992 riots in LA that killed 52 people?

oh but then you will probably want to bring up the minors strikes in UK

but then I can start talking about the race riots of the 1960's

and before you know it you have turned this discussion about a clash (not a riot) in DC into a debate about who is worse for riots the UK or USA, even though this has nothing to do with the UK and everything to do with the behavior of American's and a American demonstration.

It might be a really good way to grab some stars, but dragging up the UK's history of rioting does not takeaway any of the points i raised. Rather it only demonstrates that you have no argument against them so are now going to dig up some dirt on the UK.

its a pointless argument.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you were actually fighting tyranny then I might be more understanding of people treating police officers like this.

but you're not, lots of people in America like to say "ohh the tyranny of obama" but you are not living under a Tyrannical government you are living under a democratically elected government. The very fact that protests like this can go on demonstrates that you are not living under tyranny, you have the right to demonstrate but with those rights come responsibilities. The biggest responsibility being to protest peacefully.

The protest has barely been allowed to go on and probably only because senators came back to the scene to show support and the police don't want an altercation with elected representatives of government in the media now do they! This protest has not largely been covered by the freedom of speech media outlets, why? Oh I forgot they are all bought and paid US gov shills. Tell me exactly how any of the processes at work are democratic with regards to the constitutional right of free expression being suppressed and surrounded by riot police with tear gas for just having a say?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

WE don't know what the situation was, and as I said this was only one incident, so let's not forget the thousands of peaceful protesters, plus no one was hurt.

Please don't focus on a handful that got hot under the collar.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's kinda futile to be at peace with men dressed in riot gear opposing what you are standing in protest against, isn't it?

It's even more futile that the police in riot gear are defending the very thing at fault?

"I have to stay with Uncle Sam in his cabin while Mommy and Daddy are arguing how best to nurture me."

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I hate to tell you there is a million and 1 reasons today for people to be pissed of..

Totally agree, America is on the verge of losing contorl of its economy and everything for the ever day American turning into crap.

So if it was me I would be down camped out on the Capital protesting as well, making sure that the guys locked behind the gates can hear my voice and know just how much is at stake if they screw this up.

but I would not be shouting at a bunch of police officers, that does not achieve anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If they are defending the problem then well.......

I cant add more because NSA might come see me..

::EDIT::

Freedom goto love it..

Above is just me expressing how much we are free...
edit on 10/13/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They should have treated them like occupy wall street.The tea party can try to act like it is not them but the pictures show who were there.Tear gas should have been used, horses should have trampled people, billy clubs should have been thuncking on peoples heads. And they should have used tear gas launchers to shoot people in the face.

So where were thoses actions? Lets treat everybody the same. And by the way arrest those politicians for being involved.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

WE don't know what the situation was, and as I said this was only one incident, so let's not forget the thousands of peaceful protesters, plus no one was hurt.

Please don't focus on a handful that got hot under the collar.

that is very true but it works both ways.

For all we know some protester just punched a police officer so they arrested him or punched him back then some guy noticed and shouts out "hey the pigs just punched jimmy" and before you know it the police are surrounded by a angry mob.

Or the police punched jimmy for no reason and the angry mob were very right to be punched....

but if that was the case, with all those camera's how come that is not the video we are debating?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 13-10-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Could this altercation been the result of the police whacking several women with night sticks

woman get whacked with a night stick. What I should of said was "several women."

www.facebook.com...

edit on 023131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

ThichHeaded

So your all for getting rid of the 1st amendment?

No of course not, but at the same time that does not mean that i cannot sympathize with the police when they are surrounded by a angry mob.

I support freedom of speech, and the right to democratic protest, that does not mean however that I also support bashing the police just because they are police.

Do you support bashing by the police, just because they are the police?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Do you support bashing by the police, just because they are the police?

Unless they have justifiable grounds for doing so, then no, I do not support the police "bashing" anyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join