It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Americans are being prevented with armed force from entering National Lands

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i would suspect there is one "natural resource" that America has that China really would love to get their hands on, something that is found in a lot of "national parks", that is becoming a BIG issue in China. clean fresh WATER.

CHINA endures choking smog, mass destruction of habitats and food poisoned with heavy metals. But ask an environmentalist what is the country’s biggest problem, and the answer is always the same. "Water is the worst," says Wang Tao, of the Carnegie-Tsinghua Centre in Beijing, "because of its scarcity, and because of its pollution." "Water," agrees Pan Jiahua, of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. "People can’t survive in a desert." Wang Shucheng, a former water minister, once said: "To fight for every drop of water or die: that is the challenge facing China."

Read more: www.economist.com...[/exnew s]

The national average hides an even more alarming regional disparity. Four-fifths of China’s water is in the south, notably the Yangzi river basin. Half the people and two-thirds of the farmland are in the north, including the Yellow River basin. Beijing has the sort of water scarcity usually associated with Saudi Arabia: just 100 cubic metres per person a year. The water table under the capital has dropped by 300 metres (nearly 1,000 feet) since the 1970s.

China is using up water at an unsustainable rate. Thanks to overuse, rivers simply disappear. The number of rivers with significant catchment areas has fallen from more than 50,000 in the 1950s to 23,000 now. As if that were not bad enough, China is polluting what little water it has left. The Yellow River is often called the cradle of Chinese civilisation. In 2007 the Yellow River Conservancy Commission, a government agency, surveyed 13,000 kilometres (8,000 miles) of the river and its tributaries and concluded that a third of the water is unfit even for agriculture. Four thousand petrochemical plants are built on its banks.

The water available for use is thus atrocious. Song Lanhe, chief engineer for urban water-quality monitoring at the housing ministry, says only half the water sources in cities are safe to drink. More than half the groundwater in the north China plain, according to the land ministry, cannot be used for industry, while seven-tenths is unfit for human contact, ie, even for washing. In late 2012 the Chinese media claimed that 300 corpses were found floating in the Yellow River near Lanzhou, the latest of roughly 10,000 victims--most of them (according to the local police) suicides--whose bodies have been washing downstream since the 1960s.

they also apparently will need a lot of water for their coal power production.

Water shortages also imperil plans to expand energy production, threatening economic growth. China is hoping to follow America into a shale-gas revolution. But each shale-gas well needs 15,000 tonnes of water a year to run. China is also planning to build around 450 new coal-fired power stations, burning 1.2 billion tonnes of coal a year. The stations have to be cooled by water and the coal has to be washed. The grand total is 9 billion tonnes of water. China does not have that much available. According to the World Resources Institute, a think-tank in Washington, DC, half the new coal-fired plants are to be built in areas of high or extremely high water stress.

edit on 11-10-2013 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

They could also be setting a trap to instigate a revolt. Good excuse to make arrests, marshal law etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if that snowden guy was part of the plan to piss Americans off.
I frankly don't believe much of anything I see on the news or even alternate news sources.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Maybe we should look in some really old threads. There might be information that's since been removed on research we did

I hsd books I returned to the library bx k in the late 90's. I often wish I just kept them.
One had a quote I wish I'd written down. Something like the conspiracy will be so deep, so well planned out .... Forgot the rest of it.

It will be one government, the UN running the world, but in actuality it's the USA that runs the UN. Linked in with the federal reserve, banks, CIA and so forth. Religion is to be abolished in this plan

Basically it's the lyrics to John lennons Imagine. Except it won't be very loving.

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

edit on 11-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

F off Johnny I don't want to live as one, not like that

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

Sorry I disagree that I do not find them to be delightful.
Are you forgetting the Tiananmen Square Massacre?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Found something interesting from

www.tetrahedron.org...

Thought this might add some fodder to the conversation. June 1997 FLASHPOINT NEWSLETTER from Texe Marrs

OUR NATIONAL PARKS NOW BELONG TO UNITED NATIONS

Across this great land, our national parks, wildlands, forests, and lakes are being turned over to UN control. Joseph Urso, Jr., a friend of the ministry who hails from Knoxville, Tennessee, recently sent me a photograph of the entrance sign of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Notice the telling phrase on the sign: "AN INTERNATIONAL BIOSPHERE RESERVE."

This means that, under the United Nations Biodiversity Treaty, a precious resource_owned by American citizens for over 200 years_has been turned over to the UN's bureaucrats for control. Yes, you and I will continue to pay taxes for the maintenance and upkeep of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. But we no longer own it. Now, the UN has ultimate jurisdiction. This alone is startling evidence that the once independent nation-state known as the United States of America is going out with a whimper and not a bang. Our sovereignty is coming to an end.

As a consequence, across the U.S.A., our parks and wilderness areas are slowly being closed to the public. Roads inside the parks are being grazed over. Mountain passes and hiking paths are being blockaded. "No fishing," "No hunting," "No trespassing" signs are being erected everywhere on public lands. Entrance fees are being jacked up 100%, even 500% higher, to keep American families out of their own lands.

The UN and its elitist masters don't want you on their property! And in case you do "trespass" and enter forbidden areas of these pristine UN lands, you might just be shot. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agents and park personnel are now taught to love nature's Mother Earth and to despise and loathe human beings. They are being given firearms and instructed to use them. Meanwhile, foreign immigrants from India, China, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Russia and other nations are being recruited for this national park service police duty because, unlike U.S. nationals, non-English speaking foreigners will not hesitate to carry out orders and shoot American citizen= "intruders."

Environmental groups, of course, are overjoyed that the UN is taking over our parks and forests and putting the screws to the people. Such organizations as the Nature Conservancy and the National Wildlife Federation are funded and controlled by Rockefeller monied interests. The leaders of these organizations hate human beings and believe that the takeover of our parklands and heritage sites by the UN is the paying of homage to their pagan nature goddess, "Mother Earth."

Texe Marrs and Living Truth Ministries oppose violence. But when the American populace or at least the few who still care and are not dumbed-down_realize that this country's national treasures and heritage have been given away for a mess of globalist porridge, intense anger will result.

No doubt, the elite are preparing for just such an eventuality. If Joe and Jane American discover that Yellowstone, Big Bend, Sequoia, Rocky Mountain, Great Smoky, Yosemite, and the other national parks and monuments are under UN jurisdiction and control, the government fully expects a counter-revolutionary explosion.

That's why the UN is bringing in foreign troops and training them at Fort Polk, Louisiana, and other military bases to assault U.S.A. cities and towns. That's why the Universal Beast 666 Computer Control System, Project L.U.C.I.D., is being implemented. It is why the White House is making a priority the passage by Congress of totalitarian, gun control legislation and supposed "anti-terrorist" acts. It is why our Armed Forces are now earnestly training to quell a domestic insurrection by militias and patriots. The elite know what's just ahead. They are preparing to deal with the resisters and dissidents in other words, the old-fashioned, solid American patriots and Christians who still refuse to bow to the gods of the New World Order.

edit on 12-10-2013 by WWJFKD because: pulled out some of the rhetoric to avoid TLDR

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

violet
reply to post by devildogUSMC

It will be one government, the UN running the world, but in actuality it's the USA that runs the UN. Linked in with the federal reserve, banks, CIA and so forth. Religion is to be abolished in this plan

The US does not run the world or the UN. The Corporation of the City of London runs the world. The US is just the military arm of the corporation. If London decides to male China the military arm (which includes enough fractional reserve credit to wage against anyone anywhere) that is just the way it is going to be.
edit on 12-10-2013 by MALBOSIA because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

WELL IF THIS WAS TO HAPPEN IT WOULD BE A DISGRACE AND GROUNDS FOR A TOTAL CLEAN OUT OF WASHINGTON BY THE PEOPLE.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've posted this link before and it never got much traction, but this seems like a good place to try again. It's from a website called 'occupycorporatism' and I have no idea how valid it is. Sure is interesting, though, and when I first read it, my eyes nearly fell out of my head and it took a long time to put my jaw back into place also. (Mods, sorry for the long quote, it felt important to post this part in entirety.)

The whole article including a nifty discussion of Rex 84 and Continuity of Government plans, is here:

www.occupycorporatism.com/government-silently-positions-for-martial-law-as-financial-collapse-arrives-in-america/

A source in the Deutsche Bank claims that in 2008 our financial and monetary system completely collapsed and since that time the banking cartels have been “propping up the system” to make it appear as if everything was fine. In reality our stock market and monetary systems are fake; meaning that there is nothing holding them in place except the illusion that they have stabilized since the Stock Market Crash nearly 5 years ago.

Since this time, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in conjunction with FEMA and other federal agencies have been quickly working to set in place their directives of control under a silent martial law.

The Deutsche Bank informant says that the cause for the bailout of the banks was a large sum of cash needed quickly to repay China who had purchased large quantities of mortgage-backed securities that went belly-up when the global scam was realized. When China realized that they had been duped into buying worthless securitized loans which would never be repaid, they demanded the actual property instead. The Chinese were prepared to send their “people” to American shores to seize property as allocated to them through the securitized loan contracts.

To stave this off, the American taxpayers were coerced by former President Bush and former US Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson. During that incident, the US Senate was told emphatically that they had to approve a $700 million bailout or else martial law would be implemented immediately. That money was funneled through the Federal Reserve Bank and wired to China, as well as other countries that were demanding repayment for the fraudulent securitizations.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well do people are finally catching up. Lol

I male no bones about who i am.

Ladies, gentlemen. What are we doing?

What are we letting them do to us.

Apathy ,denial, escapism run wild.

Few good men think to the future.

They are stuck surviving day to day.

Our culture has starved their soul.

While evil looks to the future and laughs.

They are already working on governing the agenda 21 megacities in China

They may be about to crush the world markets.

Takes control of fed land under u.n. auspices .

And ban

The basis for the biodiversity map.

One needs look no further than my lived city of Oklahoma.

Agenda 21 is everywhere. The framework is set.

Those places that are to be off limits may soon be.

I have watched this coming with every economic disaster , every mandated disaster, and maybe events a few natural ones.

But its happening. Slowly

The designs of evil become more clear unto you see

Look at what they have done to us.

And decide what the future is worth

You may be asked to pay sooner than you think

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

In the shutdown of '95 and '96 the parks were closed as well, so park closures are SOP during an event like this.

If the OP scenario is correct, that would mean that Obama manipulated the GOP to shutdown the government. I mean, I doubt Paul Cruz and Obama got together and planned this.

So did Obama pass the ACA years ago just to make the Republicans so mad that they would shut down the government for China in 2013? That would make Obama a hell of a chess player.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

reply to post by mistersmith

"Sorry I disagree that I do not find them to be delightful.
Are you forgetting the Tiananmen Square Massacre?"

Are you really sorry to disagree violet, or did you get off to a false start ?

Have you known many Chinese, violet ?
Have you dipped into Chinese history, and enjoyed their art ?
Compared their cuisine to your own ?
(God's bottom ! I've not laughed so much in years .....)

For the record, I'd describe American people as delightful, also from personal experience.
In spite of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
I don't despise an entire race because of the actions of their government, and I'm disappointed that you do.
You are not alone in your racism - it suffuses this entire thread.

The reason we are in this mess, is that after creating our own modern industrial infrastructure using methods of power generation which pollute the entire world, we failed to provide the slower, less developed countries with better means of creating power.
When you climb out of a hole, do you not turn to assist the escapee behind you with a helping hand -- or are you the sort to turn and kick them in the teeth?
Rather than using our progress to help others, we used it to enslave them, and hold back their progress.

Can we really complain about the consequences of what we have done ?

I am truly sorry that John Lennon's beautiful and perceptive words are lost on you -- such a shame that his "pearls" came to a bad end in your case.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I live in N. California. Last week I caught 2 baby opossums in my yard. I took them out to release them in the wild, and I discovered we are basically trapped in the valley. The back roads are closed off with huge iron gates across them. So, this is either a test to see how well the cage can hold us, or indeed we are about to have Agenda 21 forced upon us.

I was shocked when I watched the questioning of our Military regarding going to war without Congress approval. Over and over our Congressmen was told that our War Machine only answers to the international community. They no longer answer to Congress, they only answer to the UN. Its my first try to link something, so not sure if it worked.

It was a pretty creepy feeling to be closed in on all sides. To add to it, there is an area where several paved roads that lead to the back roads, converge. This is next to the I 5 freeway. Well, as we speak a "round about" is almost completed with a hill in the middle of it. There are 5 roads coming together going around a little hill. You cant see over the hill. It is a confusing nightmare. However, if a guard shack was placed on top, it would be very easy to "sort" out who goes where, as well as close off access to a huge area.

Needless to say, my hiking boots and back pack are waiting by the door. The only way out of this will be on foot.

Also, I read that solar blankets, will shield you from infra red picking up your heat signature. I sew, so I bought some thrift shop green fabric, made a couple of "druid" type capes and lined them with a solar blanket.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I read a thread somewhere that claimed the Chinese were buying or trading for Lake Superior water. The article said the Chinese were sucking it up in large tankers then bring it back to China and putting the water in aquifers in China.

I have no idea if there is any proof - but now knowing how corrupt our government it is I would not put it passed them to sign off on such criminal enterprise to cover up their incompetence and ruthless ways of getting things done. All for the good of the American people of course.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hmmm,.
Guess only time will tell,. threats of the DHS building an army, gun rights being attacked
government shut down due to idiots in charge of government offices while big banks, insurance
agencies and stock holding companies truckloading profits in from the markets. Nothing makes
sense.. me things it is all part of a shell game,. But I do not believe China will occupy US.

On the other hand,. good thing I work for Chinese based company

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

curme

In the shutdown of '95 and '96 the parks were closed as well, so park closures are SOP during an event like this.

If the OP scenario is correct, that would mean that Obama manipulated the GOP to shutdown the government. I mean, I doubt Paul Cruz and Obama got together and planned this.

So did Obama pass the ACA years ago just to make the Republicans so mad that they would shut down the government for China in 2013? That would make Obama a hell of a chess player.

Let's not give him too much credit. As far as I'm concerned, he's an empty suit incapable of even telling a crowd, "Hi, how is everyone?", without someone rushing his notes to the podium. I'd be pretty good at chess, myself, if I had a score of strategists just on the other side of the curtain going over all the possible moves while all I did was warm my seat and wait for the little voice in my ear.

Btw, I've been disappointed to see that nobody in the MSM has had the b*lls to remind the country that the ACA was crammed down the country's throat without a single R vote and more than one beltway insider has said the threat of martial law was part of the game-plan in getting passed.
edit on 12-10-2013 by CornShucker because: added dropped word

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
To show you the priorities of the Obama administration. The Drug Enforcement Administration is on furlough, but Obama gives $400 million to National Publlic Radio.
All that says is love dope, love liberals...which is about the same thing if you think about it...dope and liberals...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

aptrgangr
Well, how about this?

While all of that might be true, if I were behind the scenes, pulling strings, and -planning for martial law and population control before an upcoming event- I'd want to know that the citizenry would not be able to take refuge in the thousands of miles if wilderness. It's too much work to control them there; going to need them all in cities where there is a camera on every corner and roads they have to follow to travel.

What's that future event? I don't know and this is me spitballing at another possible reason.

I do however know, the end of this civilization so barreling toward us and I think I'm in the right place to say that. It's kind of sad how despite the govt. Knowing the same by whatever methods they know it, they spend the last days doing wacky stuff like this... Humans are insane, truly.
edit on 10-10-2013 by aptrgangr because: (no reason given)

It appears the US is headed toward a full blown Bankruptcy. As one poster said the beginning of the digital chipping is coming soon. I don’t see any other way out of this. I also know that it will be a simple matter of the G-20 to offer a treaty, which will result in NO US Constitution. It happened in Europe in 2005 and it can happen here as well. A Global Treaty.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Good find!
My goodness your leaders have sold you out big time. 1997, what has been handed over to the UN since this letter was written?

The last part of the letter stood out:

No doubt, the elite are preparing for just such an eventuality. If Joe and Jane American discover that Yellowstone, Big Bend, Sequoia, Rocky Mountain, Great Smoky, Yosemite, and the other national parks and monuments are under UN jurisdiction and control, the government fully expects a counter-revolutionary explosion.

That's why the UN is bringing in foreign troops and training them at Fort Polk, Louisiana, and other military bases to assault U.S.A. cities and towns. That's why the Universal Beast 666 Computer Control System, Project L.U.C.I.D., is being implemented. It is why the White House is making a priority the passage by Congress of totalitarian, gun control legislation and supposed "anti-terrorist" acts. It is why our Armed Forces are now earnestly training to quell a domestic insurrection by militias and patriots. The elite know what's just ahead. They are preparing to deal with the resisters and dissidents in other words, the old-fashioned, solid American patriots and Christians who still refuse to bow to the gods of the New World Order.

I just can't imagine seeing America being like those middle Eastern countries we see on the news. All that chaos.

I don't know how bad that would get. I don't suppose we have any trained tactical insiders who can lead the resistance?

This whole PRISM thing was never about anti terrorism but about going against its own citizens in preparation of the revolt.

However they could still be setting up a revolt so they can drive over people with tanks.

Glad I'm older , like the other member said on here. I can exit this world before this happens.
When will it happen?

I live near the border in Canada would this spill over the borders?
I don't think I will visit the United States and get caught up in this.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I was thinking how they could control people in the wilderness.

They could set fires and trap people. They obviously aren't attached to their wilderness if they handed it over. I wonder if Canada handed it over as well. Canada is mostly wilderness.
Other UN countries must have as well.
edit on 12-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

Is there an Agenda 21 map of Canada ?
edit on 12-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dukesy

Canada owns part of The Great Lakes though. I thought it was NESTLE trying to obtain all the water rights?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join